NACC refuses to extend the period for Yingluck to defend herself

webfact

Good! The NACC isn't one of her brother's crony organizations like the DSI. She can't extend the date as it suits her.

Yeah ...lolol unlike her chief adversary Kuhn Suthep who just ignores the charges against him and extends his dates by default then surrounds himself with nannies LOLOL...

But Suthep is not pursue by NACC but by court ..........

And on bogus charges of ordering murder in 2010. NACC probably still looking for any evidence

• Like 1

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be a bit early to send her packing... the last word on March 3rd was...

BANGKOK, 3 Mar 2014, (NNT) - The anti-corruption agency has yet to find any evidence of corruption on the rice pledging scheme, according to Wicha Mahakhun, Spokesperson of the National Anti Corruption Commission (NACC).

He was referring to the 50 - 60 billion baht allegedly taken from the rice scheme that the opposition claimed was being transferred to bank accounts in Hong Kong.

The NACC did not find any irregularity regarding the claim and encouraged anyone with the information to step forward and hand the evidence to the agency, said Mr. Wicha, who heads the investigation on Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra's involvement in the rice pledging program corruption.

Initially, the NACC has inquired those who claimed to have information on the illegal transactions; however, upon the examination of the given leads, the agency has yet to find anything concrete about the claim, said the NACC Spokesman.

Nonetheless, Mr. Wicha said the investigation would continue and the Prime Minister has yet to testify.

http://thainews.prd.go.th/centerweb/newsen/NewsDetail?NT01_NewsID=WNPOL5703030010010

granted that was 24 days ago...but have yet to see even a snippet of any real new leads...anybody else...?

I'm a little confused. If the NACC doesn't have any evidence of wrongdoings, what are they accusing YL to have done? Why is there a case that her lawyers are studying? Could it be Wicha was just talking about the 60B claim?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Good question... I haven't seen any evidence that is why I asked if anybody else has..?

Guess we may know more next week eh..?

Edited by DirtFarmer
  • Like 1

judicial coup 3 - 2 - 1

Really Moonoa? Judicial coup?

PM's lawyer confident of her innocence in rice graft charges

Posted 2014-02-28 12:37:26

Norawich Lalaeng, one of the lawyers, said the legal team had been authorized to hear the NACC's charges on her behalf and to testify or submit a statement and evidence in her defence.

According to him, the team is confident that participating farmers have benefited from the program and that their depositions will clear her name.

He elaborated that the team would be able to produce a rebuttal to the charges within 15 days. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/707591-yinglucks-lawyer-confident-of-her-innocence-in-rice-graft-charges/

Edited by dcutman
  • Like 2

Thai PM loses bid to delay negligence hearing

BANGKOK, March 27, 2014 (AFP) - Thailand's anti-corruption authorities rejected a request Thursday by Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra to extend a deadline to defend herself against negligence charges that could see her banned from politics.

Yingluck has been summoned to appear before the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) by Monday.

Her legal team asked the panel for 45 more days to prepare its case, according to one of her lawyers, Norrawit Larlaeng.

"They did not allow it because they said our reasons were not logical and we have had enough time already," he told AFP.

Yingluck has been charged in connection with a rice subsidy scheme, and could face an impeachment vote in the upper house of parliament within weeks.

The NACC says that Yingluck was warned of corruption allegations and financial losses linked to the flagship policy but failed to take action.

Norrawit said the defence team had been denied the chance to review the evidence against her.

"The prime minister feels the investigation against her has been rushed and it is unfair as we cannot see the evidence," he said.

The kingdom has been deeply divided since a military coup in 2006 that ousted Yingluck's brother Thaksin Shinawatra, a tycoon-turned-politician who lives in Dubai to avoid prison for a corruption conviction.

Supporters of the Shinawatra family, known as the "Red Shirts", have warned they will not accept the removal of another democratically elected government.

The Red Shirts' street rallies against the previous government in 2010 resulted in bloody street clashes and a military crackdown that left dozens dead.

Yingluck has faced nearly five months of street demonstrations by rival protesters backed by the anti-Thaksin royalist establishment.

The opposition demonstrators want to remove the premier from office and install an unelected "people's council" to oversee political reforms.

Last week the Constitutional Court nullified a February general election disrupted by the protesters, angering government supporters. No new polling date has yet been set

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2014-03-27

Yeah ...lolol unlike her chief adversary Kuhn Suthep who just ignores the charges against him and extends his dates by default then surrounds himself with nannies LOLOL...

Red sympathizers call Suthep a criminal. Yingluck is supposedly the Prime Minister of this country. So she, whether she likes it or not, is held to a higher standard. Haha clap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif

Don't mis-quote me ... I said Chief adversary not criminal ...your patent bias is well known here you do your red slam soi dog bark every day ... we live in a cartoon gotta take everything with a grain of salt and laugh when you can... I sympathize with the Thai people not PT Barnum and All the Acts under the big Top..

How pray tell did I 'misquote' you? Learn to read. I didn't say you called Suthep a criminal, I said red sympathizers do

___________________________________________________________________________________________

You quoted my post directly and replied to it..duh.if it was not your intention...why not make a separate post...?

I was replying to the gist of your post, not word for word. That would be ridiculous, don't you think?

BANGKOK, 3 Mar 2014, (NNT) - The anti-corruption agency has yet to find any evidence of corruption on the rice pledging scheme, according to Wicha Mahakhun, Spokesperson of the National Anti Corruption Commission (NACC).

He was referring to the 50 - 60 billion baht allegedly taken from the rice scheme that the opposition claimed was being transferred to bank accounts in Hong Kong.

The NACC did not find any irregularity regarding the claim and encouraged anyone with the information to step forward and hand the evidence to the agency, said Mr. Wicha, who heads the investigation on Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra's involvement in the rice pledging program corruption.

Initially, the NACC has inquired those who claimed to have information on the illegal transactions; however, upon the examination of the given leads, the agency has yet to find anything concrete about the claim, said the NACC Spokesman.

Nonetheless, Mr. Wicha said the investigation would continue and the Prime Minister has yet to testify.

http://thainews.prd.go.th/centerweb/newsen/NewsDetail?NT01_NewsID=WNPOL5703030010010

granted that was 24 days ago...but have yet to see even a snippet of any real new leads...anybody else...?

Well considering it only took the NACC 1hour and 49 minutes to decide they wanted to see more now not later I would think she is in trouble. Consider the fact she has had almost 2 months and figures she needs 45 more days. I would say she is busy covering up or has the worlds worst lawyers. Saw another headline where she is not sure she will run for another term. Who will protect the Kingdom from losing it's Democracy which she claims to be the reason she is not stepping down.

If one of those idiot red shirts has his way she will have to go to the jail to present her case with backers like she has who needs lawyers Guns and bombs with a lot of intimidation will do.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Red sympathizers call Suthep a criminal. Yingluck is supposedly the Prime Minister of this country. So she, whether she likes it or not, is held to a higher standard. Haha clap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif

Don't mis-quote me ... I said Chief adversary not criminal ...your patent bias is well known here you do your red slam soi dog bark every day ... we live in a cartoon gotta take everything with a grain of salt and laugh when you can... I sympathize with the Thai people not PT Barnum and All the Acts under the big Top..

How pray tell did I 'misquote' you? Learn to read. I didn't say you called Suthep a criminal, I said red sympathizers do

___________________________________________________________________________________________

You quoted my post directly and replied to it..duh.if it was not your intention...why not make a separate post...?

I was replying to the gist of your post, not word for word. That would be ridiculous, don't you think?

Yes it would but you have to consider he is backing a dead horse and is to proud to admit it. So give him a little slack.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

And get your teeth done while you're there ...

Now you are getting personal we have some excellent Dentist's here in Chiang Mai thank you.tongue.png

Good! The NACC isn't one of her brother's crony organizations like the DSI. She can't extend the date as it suits her.

Dirtfarmer.....K Suthep has only been on the road for 4 months........maybe his time will come someday.

YL has been under investigation now for well over 1 year.....

Don't come the Suthep is bad also garbage......we all hope for justice here in Thailand.....who cares where it starts..!!

I am all for justice. Unfortunately legal often trumps justice.

I would be happy to see Yingluck gone - but who will take her place as caretaker prime minister?

I have a horrible suspicion it might be Surapong. Now that's a terrible thought - exchanging the best-looking (albeit corrupt and incompetent) pm in the world for what? A corrupt and incompetent alien.

God Help Thailand!

It might be her sister instead.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Oh dear! You're right, and its almost equally depressing.

Now that I think of it she is not going to be running for any office for any office this time.

Maybe she is really into women's rites and what not.

The other claim, the 'Chinese Government to Government deal is fake' has also collapsed:

The NACC claimed the G2G rice deal was fake

The NACC also ruled there was no evidence substantiating the government-to-government rice deals claimed by Yingluck's government and pressed charges against former commerce minister Boonsong Teriyapirom, former deputy commerce minister Phum Saraphon and 13 alleged accomplices.

That deal went ahead:

BANGKOK, 28 February 2014 – China will abide by its promise to buy one million tons of rice a year under the government-to-government (G2G) basis, as stated in the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed by Thailand and China.

The Chinese embassy in Thailand has confirmed that the Chinese government is willing to buy 1 million tons of rice on a G-to-G basis from the Thai government in accordance with the MOU signed by both country during the Chinese leader’s visit to Thailand late last year.

It's all become a bit of a joke, with an anti-corruption agency starting a negligence case before properly investigating the underlying corruption claims. Now it investigates the corruption cases and they fall apart. Yet it already committed itself to the negligence charge. It was timed to come to the Senate when the elected Senate part is out for election and the coup Senate part is left.

But that means the coup senate now is supposed to eject the majority elected PM, on a corruption case that has already collapsed. I wouldn't want to be them.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger
  • Like 2

The other claim, the 'Chinese Government to Government deal is fake' has also collapsed:

The NACC also ruled there was no evidence substantiating the government-to-government rice deals claimed by Yingluck's government and pressed charges against former commerce minister Boonsong Teriyapirom, former deputy commerce minister Phum Saraphon and 13 alleged accomplices.

That deal went ahead:

BANGKOK, 28 February 2014 – China will abide by its promise to buy one million tons of rice a year under the government-to-government (G2G) basis, as stated in the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed by Thailand and China.

The Chinese embassy in Thailand has confirmed that the Chinese government is willing to buy 1 million tons of rice on a G-to-G basis from the Thai government in accordance with the MOU signed by both country during the Chinese leader’s visit to Thailand late last year.

It's all become a bit of a joke, with an anti-corruption agency starting a negligence case before properly investigating the underlying corruption claims. Now it investigates the corruption cases and they fall apart. Yet it already committed itself to the negligence charge. It was timed to come to the Senate when the elected Senate part is out for election and the coup Senate part is left.

But that means the coup senate now is supposed to eject the majority elected PM, on a corruption case that has already collapsed. I wouldn't want to be them.

Sorry to break it for you, you were just so happy you could sprout some drivel, but the MOU the NACC was investigating was one supposedly signed in November last year.

The one you link to in your post was a new one signed early March this year.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/708806-chinas-cofco-to-buy-1-mln-tonnes-of-rice-from-thailand/?hl=+china%20+mou

BANGKOK, March 5 - China National Cereals, Oils and Foodstuffs Corporation (COFCO) today agreed to buy one million tonnes of rice from Thailand, according to Thailand's Foreign Trade Department.

So if there already was a MOU signed in November, why there needed to be a new signed in March ?

Edited by JesseFrank
  • Like 2

That deal went ahead:

Sorry to break it for you, you were just so happy you could sprout some drivel, but the MOU the NACC was investigating was one supposedly signed in November last year.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/708806-chinas-cofco-to-buy-1-mln-tonnes-of-rice-from-thailand/?hl=+china%20+mou

BANGKOK, March 5 - China National Cereals, Oils and Foodstuffs Corporation (COFCO) today agreed to buy one million tonnes of rice from Thailand, according to Thailand's Foreign Trade Department.

So if there already was a MOU signed in November, why there needed to be a new signed in March ?

No, it's the MOU signed last year. Read the text again.

I think the Chinese are just kidding again,... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

That deal went ahead:

Sorry to burst your bubble BNC but this case involves the 2012 G to G deal.

Do try and keep up.

I'm a little confused. If the NACC doesn't have any evidence of wrongdoings, what are they accusing YL to have done? Why is there a case that her lawyers are studying? Could it be Wicha was just talking about the 60B claim?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It's totally political, link

The National Anti Corruption Commission (NACC) board today agreed to file corruption charges against caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra for her involvement in the controversial rice-pledging scheme.

The NACC mandated the caretaker prime minister to hear formal charge for her involvement in the fake G-to-G rice deal with China on February 27.

The decision of the NACC will mean that upon coming to hear the formal charge, the caretaker prime minister will have to terminate her caretaker role as the prime minister.

That deal went ahead:

The Chinese embassy confirming the MOU signed last year.

It's not about the truth of the situation, it's about the mechanics of the rules that remove an interim PM on a charge, even if the charge is known to be false.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger

That deal went ahead:

The 2013 one is confirmed, the 2012 one they never had any evidence the 2012 one was fake. Their claim for that one was that they hadn't received he evidence the rice had been exported:

(Link) According to Secretary of the NACC, Witaya Akompitak, his agency has finally received the information required from the PWO, which comprises 34 documents used in transporting the pledged rice from 180 warehouses from all over the nation. Mr. Witaya said the NACC would need approximate 1-2 weeks to go through all the documents, saying, however, it would quickly conclude the investigation as soon as it can.

So what exactly is the case they want her to answer at this point?

The 2013 one is confirmed, the 2012 one they never had any evidence the 2012 one was fake. Their claim for that one was that they hadn't received he evidence the rice had been exported:

(Link) According to Secretary of the NACC, Witaya Akompitak, his agency has finally received the information required from the PWO, which comprises 34 documents used in transporting the pledged rice from 180 warehouses from all over the nation. Mr. Witaya said the NACC would need approximate 1-2 weeks to go through all the documents, saying, however, it would quickly conclude the investigation as soon as it can.

So what exactly is the case they want her to answer at this point?

I would guess a deal they claim to have received money from, but are not able to show anything in the books .

The investigation is concluded, the verdict predetermined, and the timing perfect for the small window of time when the Senate is made up of non-elected senators. Power play by the books, and whoever have power can ignore consequences.

The investigation is concluded, the verdict predetermined, and the timing perfect for the small window of time when the Senate is made up of non-elected senators. Power play by the books, and whoever have power can ignore consequences.

You mean they set PTP checkmate by playing the game by its own rules ?

POLITICS
NACC rejects PM's request to extend deadline

Anuphan Chantana
The Nation

30230297-01_big.jpg
Yingluck

BANGKOK: -- The National Anti-Corruption Commission yesterday refused to extend the deadline for Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra to file her defence against the charge of dereliction of duty in overseeing the rice-pledging scheme.

The NACC decided that she had already been allowed sufficient time, secretary-general Sansern Poljiak said.

On Monday, the 15-day extension for the PM to defend herself would end. The NACC had earlier given her 30 days to answer the charge of dereliction of duty.

Unless Yingluck submits her arguments in person or in writing, by Monday, the NACC would assume she had no objection to the NACC's investigation report, Sansern said.

If she is indicted by the NACC, she will be suspended from office.

Norawit Larlaeng and Bancha Porameesanaporn from her legal team yesterday asked the NACC to grant her 45 more days to prepare her case.

Norawit said the team had received 280 pages of additional documents from the NACC but they were not the ones requested.

The team was also waiting for reports from 10 government agencies, he said.

Yingluck needed to study all of these materials or else she would be at a disadvantage, he said.

The NACC's Sansern also said the anti-graft body had ordered a further investigation into the impeachment proceedings against former House speaker Somsak Kiatsuranont for his role in the unconstitutional amendment of the charter.

In the same case, the NACC last week decided to propose the impeachment of outgoing Senate Speaker Nikom Wairatpanij, in his capacity as Parliament vice president, for abusing his constitutional authority and cutting short a debate despite the agenda listing several legislators waiting to take the floor.

The Senate has yet to vote on his impeachment.

The People's Radio for Democracy group, a red-shirt faction that has been protesting in front of the NACC head office and has threatened to use concrete barriers and "bioweapons" to block the building, had still not done so.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-28