How to find out the real age of a Thai woman?

Cyberseraph

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with totster. My GF is 35 and to me looks 27/28 at the most. She looks far younger than my UK ex who is 32.

Sent from my KFTT using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by whytey13

If you like her, what the hell difference does it make?

It makes a lot of difference, if someone is lying to you from the beginning of a relationship, their probably going to continue with lying and deceipt.

Some people can take fabrications of the truth lightly, some others get rid of liars as soon as they find out that they are being deceived, me personally, I would get rid of a liar at the first opportunity.....

From your post it seems to me that if you liked a woman you would forgive deceipt and lies, well IMHO you sound like a Fool in Paradise and if you have ever been to Thailand I hope you soon find out the error of your ways..

Just my opinion of course.

• Like 1

I guess the only sure way to find out is to check her ID card when she leaves her bag unattended next time biggrin.png

assuming you can read and speak Thai.
The year is in Roman characters. Simply subtract 543 and you'll have the birth year CE

That's probably not necessary nowadays, because most (if not all) Thai nationals should already have their new ID card where their date of birth is also specified using our Gregorian calendar date format.

post-91253-0-10533700-1395958251_thumb.j

On the run up to our marriage my now wife turned out to be 6 years younger than we had thought. Didn't make any difference apart from meaning I have her menopause to look forward to.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

We ?

Believe it or not, some People with Thai ID cards and passports don't know their real age, an example, I know a Thai person originally from Malaysia who moved to Thailand at a very young age, her father Malaysian, her mother Chinese, they settled in the Hat Yai area and it wasnt until years later that she receved a Thai ID card and later a Thai passport but up to now she does not know her real age as no birth certificate was ever available....

On the run up to our marriage my now wife turned out to be 6 years younger than we had thought. Didn't make any difference apart from meaning I have her menopause to look forward to.

We ?

Believe it or not, some People with Thai ID cards and passports don't know their real age, an example, I know a Thai person originally from Malaysia who moved to Thailand at a very young age, her father Malaysian, her mother Chinese, they settled in the Hat Yai area and it wasnt until years later that she receved a Thai ID card and later a Thai passport but up to now she does not know her real age as no birth certificate was ever available....

Nothing surprises me anymore.....but....6 years....well.....that surprised me !

Going into someone's private stuff to pry into their personal/private information without their permission is IMO barely a small step away from stealing, perhaps even worse than say taking some change for the parking meter without telling them.

There are lies and there are lies. Would you answer truthfully if you thought a dress made your GF look fat, or if you didn't like the present your kid bought you? Women's age is traditionally one of those topics, used to be rude to even inquire about the topic, as much as her asking you your salary.

Of course a lot of such etiquette has gone out the window - witness my even needing to explain these issues.

So if it really is important to you - and I agree with those who question why that would be so - then just come out and ask to see her ID card, say you want to verify with objective evidence, and if you see she was "lying" just laugh it off and reassure her it doesn't actually matter, even if it does to you (which IMO it shouldn't either).

Really shouldn't be a big deal, and if anything helps establish the fact that you are the man and in charge, she's lucky to get you not vice-versa.

Edited by wym

We ?

Yes, we. Some people around here don't even know when their birthday is.

Absolutely, in the villages it's very rare for adults to know their exact age or even with kids to know their birthday. Just not considered important until you have to fill out some government form. . .

According to my wife her birth was not registered for two or three years, so she is unsure of her actual age ( though admittedly by only a few years, makes no difference to me). But on a light hearted note, you can always cut the head off and count the ringsw00t.gif

Stop the uncertainty both in the age and the trust issue. Just ask to see her id (with a smile). Tell her you just dont believe her. Simple. Can not have a serious relationship if you skirt around thongs like honesty and trust. Nip it in the bud now. I've found brutal honesty with thai girls works best for me and scares off those looking to take me for a ride (well almost all...)

How to find out the real age of a Thai woman?

Ask her how many years she have worked at the bar and add 18. Simple really.

so every woman in Thailand has worked in a bar at one time or another your saying?

have some fun with her..the ask her to write her birthday date down in thai..you do the same...then you say..darling i wont this

so i never forget your birthday present,,i no you like gold ,,so me never forget the date..

thais will slip up if lying

she will give her Day and Month...

why would you need the YEAR that someone is born to remember their birthday ???????

sorry, your idea probably wont work... coz she wont write the YEAR (coz she doesnt need to).

also: I find that most Thai women look a bit older than they are coz of their bad eating habits... and the older they get,,, the faster they put on the age.

you see thai women of 50 years old,, and they look 70 !!!

of course,, just like any developed country... the more wealthy the family,, the better and younger they will look (either from cosmetic treatments or knowledge of eating the correct healthy food,, rather than processed junk and coke every day).

also:: women/girls that worked in bars will obviously look a LOT older than their real age because of the excessive drinking that many of them do EVERY NIGHT... and eating just 2 un-nutritious meals per day..

age starts to show itself when the person is around 25 years old (if the person is living an unhealthy style life)..

which, incidentally is the similar age that digestive problems and body function problems and bone issues start to show up too!!

usually its from the 20 years of bad eating that probably proceeded this... (not enough fruit and veg and water... and too much soda, coke, macDonalds, KFC, fried food, cookies, cake, ice cream, sugar drinks... the list is LOOOOONG!!!)

When I met my future wife online she told me, about a month into chatting, that she was 26. I told her she was too young for me as I was 46 at the time. She told me ok, I bank 10 year. I figured that out to mean she backed her age up by 10 years. I told her 36 was fine but no more lies. She then asked me why I was not looking for a younger woman. I told her 26 would be great for the weekend but I was not going to try keeping up with a youngster all the time and I was looking for someone who was looking, like me, for the long run. Seems to have worked out ok. She was everything she said she was, except 26. Good girl from good family. Keeps me in line when I need that and lets me run amok when I need that. I got a winner as far as I know. Good luck in your endeavors. If your that worried about it ask her straight up if she is really the age she told you. Why come on here and ask us what you should do. If she told you everything about her you may not like the answers so be wary. If you like this woman, let it be and go after it. If not, back away and find that younger model it seems you were looking for. Cheers.

• Like 1

SAy you think she's lying and she looks 22 then ask to see her ID card. If she refuses you know IMMEDIATELY she is one of the many scammers, dump her.

You'll have a tough time finding a woman under those circumstances, then. Most women tell the truth about their age to strangers for several years of their lives - and the majority of them come after 70.

OP, if the woman is a liar, you'll know soon enough, from other facts. If she ONLY lies about her age, you have an excellent start in your relationship. If you press her about it, confront her about her age, you have zero chance.

• Like 1