Red activists' weapon cache confiscated: Thai Police

webfact

See in the news section :

About 40 red-shirt supporters of the government rallied in front of Nonthaburi police station to demand the police to release on bail four of their colleagues arrested last night for the possession of a cache of firearms and ammunition near the headoffice of the National Anti Corruption Commission.

Their leader Sornlak Malaithong threatened to storm into the station if the police failed to allow temporary release on bail for the four persons.

The four were arrested and suspected to be in connection with the M79 grenade attack on the NACC office last night. Among the seize weapon is a M79 grenade launcher and M40 grenades used for the launcher, and several rounds of ammunition and a AK 47 assault rifle.

Sornlak accused the Army chief of plotting a set-up in the seizure of arms.

He threatened to bring more redshirts to encircle the police station to pressure the release of the four suspects.

One suspect earlier admitted of owning some of the seized weapon.

Source: http://englishnews.t..._campaign=34027

Great stuff, they are now threatening the police.

I thought it was the courts that released people on bail not the police ?

Why wasn't this guy arrested, or at least a warrant put out for his arrest, what do trhey think Thailand is " the wild west " ?? whistling.gif ...............coffee1.gif

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This group are likely responsible for most of the attacks around BKK the last couple of months, how they have continued to operate without detection is a mystery

Also if more police had got off their asses and actually put together a proper raid on these terrorists they could have caught them all - I suspect they were forced to act after someone they couldn't ignore brought it to their attention

"how they have continued to operate without detection is a mystery"

It is a wonder isn't it, what with 176 army checkpoints and 50 companies of men patrolling the streets................

A bit high tech for your average redshirt. Most of the ones I have seen were sporting clubs and parangs, though only intended to facilitate intellectual discussion on current political affairs of course smile.png

These are average "redshirts", Are they the ones you mean or are you just making a blanket assumption to reinforce your stereotypes?

2012-634730361921951438-195.gif

A bit high tech for your average redshirt. Most of the ones I have seen were sporting clubs and parangs, though only intended to facilitate intellectual discussion on current political affairs of course smile.png

These are average "redshirts", Are they the ones you mean or are you just making a blanket assumption to reinforce your stereotypes?

Yes, that's one side. Another side is this example. They came pretty close to murdering the PM.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-244-13960860949475_thumb.jpg

Red+Shirt+Machete.jpg

These are the average red shirts, but he was late in getting his automatic weapons so he had to make due with a knife. I have heard they are also real good with torching and burning. Bangkok suffered that in the past.

This group are likely responsible for most of the attacks around BKK the last couple of months, how they have continued to operate without detection is a mystery

Also if more police had got off their asses and actually put together a proper raid on these terrorists they could have caught them all - I suspect they were forced to act after someone they couldn't ignore brought it to their attention

"how they have continued to operate without detection is a mystery"

It is a wonder isn't it, what with 176 army checkpoints and 50 companies of men patrolling the streets................

There is no mystery - the BIB are supposed to be the law enforcement officers yet it took a joint army/police team to find this group and their weapons. The army is there to provide some level of protection of protestors and bystanders because the police won't do their job.

I notice that Chalerm hasn't the guts or honesty to make a statement - at least Surapong has despite biting his tongue.

post-106705-0-44395600-1396093895_thumb.post-106705-0-00681300-1396093909_thumb.

"But whoever commits a crime must be punished," Mr. Surapong said, "No exception".

Let's hope he's right.

Police said Mr. Rattanapong was carrying a bag which contained one AK-47 rifle, 4 fully loaded magazines, and two grenades. Mr. Rattanapong denied the ownership of the weapons, claiming that an unknown individual has placed the weapons with him shortly before the arrest.

So he couldn't drop the bag then? I' assuming he's not the mastermind behind the operation.

Good to see the police seeming to do their job. Well done for once.

Edited by kimamey

Amazing how many have forgotten or don't know of the Mayhem of the Red Shirt Riots just a few short years ago that rocked Bangkok and Pattaya.

Before that there were the Yellow Shirts who after being repeatedy attacked by unkown elements took over and occupied BKK International Airport.

The "Mob Mentality" of all sides in Thailand does nothing to promote or enhance a normal society.

When groups of like minded persons get together and become a "Mob", things can and often times do get Violent.

Only the Authorities can put a lid on this. But the Politicians, Police, and Military Fail to try to stop the Mobs, thus throwing Thailand into the endless Turmoil it now has.