Massive feet and cheap plimsolls

finy

I have big feet and I'd like to buy a pair of plimsolls for the gym (Chuck Taylors or just a basic pair will do)

But I'm having a hard time locating anything. I don't want to spend 5000bht on a pair of sports trainers because I don't do cardio anyway.

Thought I'd ask here before I just order at home and get some sent across.

Now that's a word I haven't heard since I was in primary school in Sheffield and some sod stole my brand new plimsolls. Sodding teacher made me walk around in socks all day in the middle of winter - sadist!. I wonder if "plimsolls" translates beyond the shores of the British Isles? We call them sandshoes in NZ.

Can't help you with your request, but I've seen some big size shoes in many of the malls around Thailand that cater for the European tourists.

Edited by Gsxrnz
  • Like 1

In my experience anything with a brand name comes at a premium, and sometimes isn't even available in large sizes (e.g. Scholl). Would be happen to be told otherwise though. Some generic shoes up to size 45 or so can be bought in BigC etc, so might be worth checking there.

• Like 1

what size is Massive feet ??

Myself now here over 10 years, came with all types of shoes to last my life... saying that on Holiday here in 1999 Thai friends said lets go bowling, of course as normal said do they have my size shoes size 13 or 47,, surprised to find the did have sizes up to 15 UK size.

sometimes see classified adds with large size, both new and 2nd hand. maybe put an advert on a couple of the websites ?

if you only have say size 12's try on some 45's as some are much larger than others you may get lucky

In my experience size 45's here are in the same category as their XL shirts, i.e. medium!

just happened to notice a pair of sandals that looked like my UK bought 'Clarks' 100% states size 45,[so far too small for me] but fit me fine [put my own shoe next to them in shop same size] and that was in a shop here that said No Hab.....

as for shirts, is same, I like loose fitting T-shirts, so normally buy 3 XL, but found long ago try them on as some are very tight where others are far to big..

I have many shirts bought here which are all the same size............ looking at the size label inside range from XXL to 4x XL. blink.png

I think Chuck Taylor All Stars from Converse are sneakers and plimsolls. Sneakers is the american term (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plimsoll_shoe). And it seems they make them also in Thailand now, before I thought they made only in Indonesia (in asia). But this info will not help the OP anyway...For size UK13 maybe better order from home and declare the parcel as a present. Otherwise the possibilty is high to pay the tax(about 40% of the purchase price?), as happen to me a few years ago when order a pair of Van´s from a british online shop.