Pulled Pork at Burger King

It has been many, many years since I have had decent pulled pork and I'm not sure that I remember what it tastes like. It is not something that I ate often in America. I had to try Burger King's since I keep seeing it advertised. It is not great, but not bad for a fast-food place and the best I've had in Thailand (which is not saying a lot).

• Like 1

Could not pay me to eat in any western fast food place. It was crap before it arrived here, the Thais have made it worse. Aside from that it takes longer to get a sandwich at Mc D than any Thai fast food place.

Edited by Gonsalviz

Ah well, at least it looks like "Dirty Mick's".... (Changed the name to protect the innocent, but you get my drift?) seem to have closed up. Did the Health Department have anything to do with it?

As for "Pulled Pork"......... Well, in the interests of GOOD TASTE, I'll "take myself in hand" and refrain from making comment on that!

Great Ameican Rib, is the closet I have seen since leaving North Carolina! They give a more than hefty portion, and tase is great! I'd recommend this place to anyone!!

A few places in Bangkok do a good pulled pork. Some that come to mind are Roadhouse BBQ, Great American Rib, and even The Bagel Cafe does a great job. Burger King certainly isn't on that list, nor should it be!

Why not make your own.

Buy a crock pot, put onions and garlic on the bottom. I use a spice mix rub of cilantro, cumin, cinnamon(yes) if you like spicy add cayenne pepper(i leave this out). rub on pork. Salt and pepper. Put pork don't know the cut (it's like a slab sold at Big C, not the fast belly part.) about .5 to 1 kg on top of this.Pour about 2 cups meat broth over it. For meat broth-I've used pork, chicken, and even beef (made from 1/2 bullion cube + 2 cups water if you don't have it). Have it cook on low for about 10 hours. When it's fork tender, take the meat out reserving a little liquid and onion/garlic mixture. Shred meat with two forks so it looks like strings. Put shredded meat back in crock po. tPour about 1 cup bottled BBQ sauce on it. Heat about 30 mins on high stirring occasionally. Buy or make rolls. Split open and put on it. You can add more BBQ sauce if you like. Very, very easy to make. I just made some yesterday which is why I know the recipe by heart. It is OK to freeze some for later just reheat until steaming hot. Yum, yum.

We must have read the exact recipe as I just made some last week by the same method. The cut I used was a 1+kilo shoulder or collar cut with some, but not too much fat. I used my finished pork to make my first batch of tamales and it was aroy muck muck.