Anand tops neutral PM poll

webfact

Oooh yes!

1118 Hand choosen People questioned and not even then 50% want new elections now or a "handchoosen" Prime Minister out of 4 named by "Dusit" poll...

is not "Dusit" Hotels the Group where Mr. Suthep likes to stay..??

Add all the numbers together the candidates got means in Thailand there are 148.02 percent ...?? Usualy result should be 100% in total??

(AP 40.55%, PS 37%, AS 35.43%, PC 35.04%) No idea how Dusit calculates even take 1118 out of 65 Million = 0.0017x % I must say that is VERY REPRESENTATIVE!

148% total votes? Yeh that can't be right.

Other problems too

1118 people, he got 40.55% = 453.349 people, not a whole number, 0.349 of a person?

453 people = 40.52%

454 people = 40.60%

So it's not a case of rounding error, it looks entirely made up.

37% of 1118 = 413.66 people (.66 of a person?)

35.43% of 1118 = 396.1 people

396 people = 35.42% not 35.43%

Again same problem, the percentages don't count to whole numbers.

Totals are wrong, count of people polled are wrong. It's a complete garbage poll.

• Like 1

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have met this man several times and I fully agree that he is one that could pull the country together.

I have also met Anan as he are chairman at the Garden International school in Ban Chang. My son have been study there. Anan is now an old man, have been working to solved the problem in the south under Taksin government. But Taksin don´t understand how to solve the problem. Chun Lekpai is also one how I think about. Good man.

In this wonderful country that we live in...surely out there somewhere, there is a Young, Modern, 21st century thinking, man or woman...an up and coming potential leader... who aspires for Thailand to achieve its full potential in this world, who is sick of the current group of so called self serving greedy klepto politicians with no policies worth following and no interest in anything accept themselves.

Im sure the majority of supporters of Yellows Reds Pinks and Whites and whatever other colors are out there would turn to a person like that.The voting majority would follow a person like that. Surely "old thinking" is not the way forward.

Hello limitless. How great and unusual to see someone espousing idealism on this forum!

The closest I have seen to what you seek is Voranai Vanijaka, the Bangkok Post editorialist. He has a pretty good understanding of world history and politics and seems to realise that Thailand has to change fundamentally. Also he doesn't seem to subscribe to the racist contempt for the Isaan/Lanna people, so prevalent among the Bangkok elite.

By the way, I'd suspect that if there is one guy like this that we (as farangs) know about, chances are that there are dozens of others that we don't.

There are so many talented people in this country who are genuine believers in democracy and who understand the regional perspective. The internationally-renowned film director Apichatpong Weerasethakul (directed 'Uncle Boonmee...' 2010 Cannes Film Festival winner) is one example.

It seems to me that this ideal person you seek should be sufficiently 'right-wing' to run the economy effectively (and to cancel ridiculous projects like the first car scheme) but sufficiently left wing to understand that the country really needs to lift the really-poor out of poverty.

Most difficult of all choices, I'd guess, would be the land issue, for, at present, land distribution in Thailand is so unequal and unjust that it is scarcely even mentioned in public discourse. I'd love to see some figures on land distribution, but can't find them anywhere, apart from quite vague ones and some figures regarding the Crown Property Bureau.

In the final analysis, one has to be fairly pessimistic about the likelihood that Thailand will find the 'saviour' figure we hope for, when the basic political system is so corrupt and dominated by the old elite and the new 'money politics'. It is continually depressing to read comments on this forum from people who honestly believe that all the problems here were introduced by 'the evil, corrupt Thaksin' when we know that his influence has been a mere pinprick on the surface of an utterly dysfunctional, corrupt system where 'money politics' has dominated Thailand for the last generation, sitting on top of an existing system of elite ammart values.

In this situation I would suggest that a civil war could be the only way to sort things out. It's not what we want (obviously) but it might be the only way for the reasonable people to get control.

So, what does Khun Anand really believe. It seems that he wants Yingluck to resign in favour of an unelected government. In other words, he supports Suthep.

As an unelected Prime Minister in the early '90s, Anand introduced financial policies that led to the Thailand's economic problems in 1996. Furthermore, he helped pass an amnesty for General Suchinda and other military officials who sent troops that killed a number of pro-democracy students in Bangkok. He has a reputation of not liking unions and banned them from his Saha Union factories. Subsequently, as head of the Peace and Reconciliation Committee after the massacre of Muslims in 2004 (this was when Thaksin was Prime Minister), he told the people to forget about the incident.

He does not appear to be a good choice for an interim Prime Minister.

Anyway, Thailand has Yingluck as an elected Prime Minister who is serving the country well.

• Like 1

So, what does Khun Anand really believe. It seems that he wants Yingluck to resign in favour of an unelected government. In other words, he supports Suthep.

As an unelected Prime Minister in the early '90s, Anand introduced financial policies that led to the Thailand's economic problems in 1996. Furthermore, he helped pass an amnesty for General Suchinda and other military officials who sent troops that killed a number of pro-democracy students in Bangkok. He has a reputation of not liking unions and banned them from his Saha Union factories. Subsequently, as head of the Peace and Reconciliation Committee after the massacre of Muslims in 2004 (this was when Thaksin was Prime Minister), he told the people to forget about the incident.

Anyway, Thailand has Yingluck as an elected Prime Minister who is serving the country well.

I expect a few readers will disagree with that statement, myself included, but it is Sunday after all.
  • Like 1

In this wonderful country that we live in...surely out there somewhere, there is a Young, Modern, 21st century thinking, man or woman...an up and coming potential leader... who aspires for Thailand to achieve its full potential in this world, who is sick of the current group of so called self serving greedy klepto politicians with no policies worth following and no interest in anything accept themselves.

Im sure the majority of supporters of Yellows Reds Pinks and Whites and whatever other colors are out there would turn to a person like that.The voting majority would follow a person like that. Surely "old thinking" is not the way forward.

Hello limitless. How great and unusual to see someone espousing idealism on this forum!

The closest I have seen to what you seek is Voranai Vanijaka, the Bangkok Post editorialist. He has a pretty good understanding of world history and politics and seems to realise that Thailand has to change fundamentally. Also he doesn't seem to subscribe to the racist contempt for the Isaan/Lanna people, so prevalent among the Bangkok elite.

By the way, I'd suspect that if there is one guy like this that we (as farangs) know about, chances are that there are dozens of others that we don't.

There are so many talented people in this country who are genuine believers in democracy and who understand the regional perspective. The internationally-renowned film director Apichatpong Weerasethakul (directed 'Uncle Boonmee...' 2010 Cannes Film Festival winner) is one example.

It seems to me that this ideal person you seek should be sufficiently 'right-wing' to run the economy effectively (and to cancel ridiculous projects like the first car scheme) but sufficiently left wing to understand that the country really needs to lift the really-poor out of poverty.

Most difficult of all choices, I'd guess, would be the land issue, for, at present, land distribution in Thailand is so unequal and unjust that it is scarcely even mentioned in public discourse. I'd love to see some figures on land distribution, but can't find them anywhere, apart from quite vague ones and some figures regarding the Crown Property Bureau.

In the final analysis, one has to be fairly pessimistic about the likelihood that Thailand will find the 'saviour' figure we hope for, when the basic political system is so corrupt and dominated by the old elite and the new 'money politics'. It is continually depressing to read comments on this forum from people who honestly believe that all the problems here were introduced by 'the evil, corrupt Thaksin' when we know that his influence has been a mere pinprick on the surface of an utterly dysfunctional, corrupt system where 'money politics' has dominated Thailand for the last generation, sitting on top of an existing system of elite ammart values.

In this situation I would suggest that a civil war could be the only way to sort things out. It's not what we want (obviously) but it might be the only way for the reasonable people to get control.

It is this silly trait in people, and maybe.a little more so in Thailand to fall for the charismatic pooyai.

Its a little like reading asterix and the soothsayer. The pooyai is always a let down. Better to have a hard working no one than a dishonest or incompetent someone.

• Like 1

How the hell is Anand meant to be "neutral"? Ditto for Palakorn and Prayuth (I haven't heard much about Asa Sarasin) They are all as yellow as Jatupon is red.

Assuming Anand even wanted the job, if he is so popular then why doesn't he just stand for election?

It seems like "neutral Prime Minister" has become a euphemism for "coup installed dictator".

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

We like polls when they confirm our beliefs and believe them to be rubbish when they don't.

In this case polls on whoever we believe is "neutral" if there is actually such a thing, will not solve the problem unless both sides are sincere in finding common ground and working on from there. I see neither except for tactical maneuvering because one side has deep distrust while the other is just interested in hanging onto power.

• Like 1

It's a sad state of affairs, when Thailand has to consider an 81 year old politician as an option.

Is this ageist ridiculousness? His age would suggest a proven track record of good behaviour and vast experience of life.

If he is in good health and mentally alert, what is your problem?

I know of an 80 year old that climes Mr Everest for something to break the boredom. Can you do that?

.........................."Anyway, Thailand has Yingluck as an elected Prime Minister who is serving the country well."...........................

barf, gag, barf...............

Did you just come out of a 3 year coma ? I wish you a speedy recovery and hope someone sets you straight on the dimwit who has been masquerading as the PM in recent years.

I have met this man several times and I fully agree that he is one that could pull the country together.

Agreed.

Problem when these polls come out, they are all biased if they are not in the red brigades favour. This the cry from the 10 pro gov posters.

This man will never be allowed as he is not a family Shin member.

And as a self styled anti government protester you are now qualified to be an expert on the Shin Family ??

Attached a photo of your committee's strategy meeting.

post-103087-0-69760400-1396171033_thumb.

Edited by plazot11
  • Like 1

It's a sad state of affairs, when Thailand has to consider an 81 year old politician as an option.

Is this ageist ridiculousness? His age would suggest a proven track record of good behaviour and vast experience of life.

I know of an 80 year old that climes Mr Everest for something to break the boredom. Can you do that?

Nothing ageist, you plumb.

It proves quite clearly how democracy and political ideology and ethics have not developed in this country. Nothing about Anand.

It proves quite clearly how democracy and political ideology and ethics have not developed in this country. Nothing about Anand.

What it clearly shows is how naive your average Thai is. Politically and intellectually. I have the greatest respect for Thai people, however

they are born to follow. . . and hence end up following anyone with a reasonably good story.

They are hard working, incredibly tough, highly creative, but quite suddenly in their history of repelling all and every invader, have been

confronted by what is for most of us the unthinkable.

That our carers. Our government, are not really our carers at all.

It is like being betrayed by our parents.

I suggest they need something yet more substantial than ethics or ideology. Mainly an accountable judiciary and real freedom of the press.

Then the facts of what is going on can really be aired. As it is nobody will ever know.

Voting for a different head to put on the same monster, is not democracy.

What it clearly shows is how naive your average Thai is. Politically and intellectually. I have the greatest respect for Thai people, however

they are born to follow. . . and hence end up following anyone with a reasonably good story.

They are hard working, incredibly tough, highly creative, but quite suddenly in their history of repelling all and every invader, have been

confronted by what is for most of us the unthinkable.

That our carers. Our government, are not really our carers at all.

It is like being betrayed by our parents.

I suggest they need something yet more substantial than ethics or ideology. Mainly an accountable judiciary and real freedom of the press.

Then the facts of what is going on can really be aired. As it is nobody will ever know.

Voting for a different head to put on the same monster, is not democracy.

Exactly. Anand probably stands apart from everyone else because he was appointed not elected and so had free reign to get on with it, and then left before the s**t hit the fan.