Daily wage for an assistant-aid-translator.

Hi could someone give me an indication of the daily wage wage for an assistant for which I need help to run errands translate and generally make up the shortfall for those "lost in translation moments whilst up in Koh Samui, If someone could shed some light on the going acceptable rate I'd be grateful.

Cheers in advance of any help.

Hello,

Before I retired I had a personal assistant. When I first decided to hire one I thought I could pay around 20,000 a month but soon found out that qualified professional assistants expect much more. I'm in Bangkok and I ended up paying 55,000 a month in salary plus expenses. She was highly qualified and had been the personal assistant to several high level execs and one University director before coming to work for me. I verified and she had received the same salary in her past positions.

Now that I'm retired I seldom have need for an assistant but once in a while I do hire a young woman who was educated in the US and I pay her 500 baht an hour.

I'm sure there are less qualified people who are still competent who will work for less so I should think it depends on the qualifications and "level" you are looking for.

• Like 2

For what you are describing, you are looking at something like 35-40K per month. This would be the going rate for someone who's educated, competent and speaks, reads and writes decent English. No idea what the market is like in Samui specifically. But I had a very good PA while working as the GM of a company in Phuket, in that range.