Ramayana Water Park

gkroo

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A pic from Ramayana a few days ago. It's huge and quite a bit of work is going on.

I am a bit confused - in the pic you posted it looks like there is no work going on at all, and it looks a lot like the pics on the ramayanawaterpark.com website which were uploaded when the "News" section of the site was last updated on the 24th Jan 2014. That's a long time with no update.

What kind of work did you see going on there? I seldom get out that way but if this place is looking like it may get going again I will hold off on joining the Cartoon Network place.

Jimmy, I posted the following on another thread about CN park a few days ago. Better hold off and see what Ramayana is like.

-Was at Cartoon Network a few weeks ago and here's my take for anyone interested. A Thai drivers license will get you some sort of a residents discount - sorry can't remember the prices.

A lot of the slides were not open. The paint is coming off the pool floors in some areas. The walkways around the slide areas have sand all over them since the pathway slabs have only been dropped like hot potatoes during installation. There's a huge concrete area just inside the entrance that I have no idea what it's for (maybe the cringeworthy dancers or CN characters complete with bodyguards that come out every hour or so) and in true local style the same concrete has cracks developing in areas already. An attempt to at least soften the place up visually might do something positive - it looks like an open workshop area with all that cold concrete. The Adventure Zone surrounding pool has a few water 'features' that are essentially groups of 8' plastic pipes sticking out of the ground with water flowing out of them into the pool, still in their majestic off-the-shelf blue colour, not even a slap of paint - watch out for them, you won't be disappointed. The place looks like it's been cobbled together in a last-minute rush. No thought given to the decor inside or outside. To top off the civil design engineers misery when a downpour arrived there were flip flops and food wrappings floating around the 3 to 4" of rain water that had nowhere to drain to.

And topping off my list of whinges is the food - absolute tosh ! The extremely limited western food consists of fries that have the strangest taste that I couldn't pin-point and onion rings that have powder inside instead of onions. The also very limited thai food I fail to understand how they got it so wrong in taste - and none of it cheap. There was even a separate cafe offering coffees with no coffee available inside. I was so close to ordering a years pass for the family some time ago and am thanking my backside I'm a procrastinator. It's basically a failed attempt to be and finally ending up, a poor distant well removed relative to anything Disney - but still trying to charge similar.

Sorry for being so bloody negative on this but for something that has a relatively decent name attached to it and that I've been waiting so long to arrive, they've managed to make a proper baIIs of.

Here's hoping better from Ramayana-

I found this when I was looking for info on Ramayana:

http://www.themeparx.com/ramayana-water-park/

But... you guys have been there recently so I'll take your word for it if it looks like it's coming along now. Should be great if it completes the way it is planned...

I actually took my young'un to CN water park yesterday and paid the day rate - 1,290 baht for me (Thai resident rate) and 890 baht for kids, plus 180 baht locker rental for up to 4 hours (I think it's around 300 baht for a locker for the whole day). After reading a lot of comments from unimpressed people I was expecting the worst, but was actually pleasantly surprised. A lot of what Mogy said is true, but maybe some of the issues have been improved upon in the past few weeks. I didn't try the food because of what I'd heard about quality and pricing so we ate before we went there, but I had a quick look at the menu and it didn't seem too expensive (consider they have a captive audience I thought maybe they would have been a lot higher). Burger and chips, some pasta dishes at around 250-280 baht, small french fries 80 baht I think, some sushi dishes about 180 baht, and soft drinks 60 baht. Admittedly pricing means nothing of the foot is inedible...

At the end of the day I was there for my daughter and whilst think it's a bit naughty to be charging the full price now when the park is not fully finished and all rides open, she had an absolute blast and didn't notice any of the flaws (nor the pricing, lol), so it looks like I'll be buying a yearly pass while I wait for Ramayana to complete.

We have 2 neighbors who've gone in the past 2 weeks. Both had a marvelous time at CN water park. Didn't hear any comments about the food as it was never discussed.

Ramayana does seem to be progressing. We'll see how long it takes to be completed...

• 11 months later...

Sorry to bump a year-old thread, but according to the Ramayana website the park should be opening either end of this year or early next year, so I think it's becoming relevant again.

Just wondering if anyone's been past there recently - if so, how does it look? My one-year family membership at CN is ending soon and my decision to renew or not will be based around how close Ramayana really is to opening. Depending on pricing I would consider a membership there for a year (just for a change) if it lives up to the promises on its website and looks like it's getting close to completion.

Gotta say the one-year family membership at CN turned out to be a good investment and I consider it money well spent. Sure, it still ain't perfect down there but it seems to be improving all the time and as I said before, it's only the adults who notice any of the flaws I think - the kids just think it's the nuts...

If anyone reading this has just the one kid and is thinking of joining CN drop me a PM and I'll pass on my experience, which may come in handy...

Their office on Jomtien 2nd road looks pretty derelict, with faded signs for an unopened park, this is not promising

Why don't you just go and have a look at the site??

Loads of work going on and a lot of money invested already, personally I don't think it is too far from completion as I remember when CN was at a similar stage of construction

From what I have read cartoon network park does its best to relieve

you of every last Baht you have and then some..They even search

you to make sure you do not bring in any food

or drinks so you have to buy their over priced stuff....

Ramayana will bury C/N park if Ramayana charges modest prices...Ramayana is really not all that far from C/N park .....

Edited by fforest1

• 5 months later...

http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/222236/thailands-biggest-amazing-waterpark-will-open-april/

In early April RamaYana WaterPark will open its gates. Located near the big Buddha image of Khao Chi Chan and only 25 minutes from central Pattaya, RamaYana WaterPark delivers a unique day to remember. With lakes, islands and green hills in and around the park, RamaYana offers much more than its 21 waterslides – some totally unique – that vary from high thrills to gentle swings.

From what I have read cartoon network park does its best to relieve

you of every last Baht you have and then some..They even search

you to make sure you do not bring in any food

or drinks so you have to buy their over priced stuff....

Ramayana will bury C/N park if Ramayana charges modest prices...Ramayana is really not all that far from C/N park .....

Why do you think that this new place will be any different to the other one? That's not the Thai way.

http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/222236/thailands-biggest-amazing-waterpark-will-open-april/

In early April RamaYana WaterPark will open its gates. Located near the big Buddha image of Khao Chi Chan and only 25 minutes from central Pattaya, RamaYana WaterPark delivers a unique day to remember. With lakes, islands and green hills in and around the park, RamaYana offers much more than its 21 waterslides – some totally unique – that vary from high thrills to gentle swings.

Sounds great but can most people afford the ticket prices ? 2-300 baht is maximum what I am willing to spend.

• 3 weeks later...

Mmmm I don't like their information policy.

Firstly, their website doesn't say when the park will open (only some vague date that keeps being postponed) and there is no prices.

Strangely, on their Facebook page there is a price list which seems to contradict what the manager earlier said in an interview on Pattaya One: "Definitely below 1,000 Baht"

Well the official price seems to be 1,190 Baht for both Thai and foreigner with a promotion till October (or earlier) with tickets for 990 Baht.

I can already purchase tickets from a reseller website for going this Sunday @850 Baht discounted, so is the park open or not?

Also, where is the supposed 20% discount email they were going to send out? These 20% only apply to the full price according to the statement on Facebook... so I signed up with all my personal data to save 38 freaking Baht over the price at the gate???!!

Sorry for the rant, I am just really excited to go and don't understand why there is so much confusion involved.

Edited by wump

Mmmm I don't like their information policy.

Firstly, their website doesn't say when the park will open (only some vague date that keeps being postponed) and there is no prices.

Strangely, on their Facebook page there is a price list which seems to contradict what the manager earlier said in an interview on Pattaya One: "Definitely below 1,000 Baht"

Well the official price seems to be 1,190 Baht for both Thai and foreigner with a promotion till October (or earlier) with tickets for 990 Baht.

I can already purchase tickets from a reseller website for going this Sunday @850 Baht discounted, so is the park open or not?

Also, where is the supposed 20% discount email they were going to send out? These 20% only apply to the full price according to the statement on Facebook... so I signed up with all my personal data to save 38 freaking Baht over the price at the gate???!!

Sorry for the rant, I am just really excited to go and don't understand why there is so much confusion involved.

Well at least they are trying to do better than the Cartoon network park

who seem to only care about how far you can bend over to pick up

the soap...

Is it open yet ?,is it open yet ? is it open yet ? (my 2 kids want to know ) .We live in Chiang Mai and have been to the Cartoon channel Water park last year ,which they loved but emptied my pockets .

If the websites and Facebook pages are to be believed it seems that there is no dual pricing at Ramayana.

+ Prices are better in every category at Ramayada - except that they do not offer a seniors discount.

+ Annual pass at Ramayada has no excluded days.

+ Family tickets at Ramayada can include 3 kids (only 2 at Cartoon Network) - but there is a price difference.

+ A lot more rides and slides at Ramayada.

Personally (just my own prejudice) I will boycott the Cartoon Network due to their dual pricing policy.

Here are the price lists from the websites and Facebook....

Ramayada

post-62323-0-73897500-1460135973_thumb.p

Day ticket - Cartoon Network

post-62323-0-87948900-1460136038_thumb.p

Annual pass - cartoon Network

post-62323-0-26242200-1460136462_thumb.p

Edited by chickenslegs

Sounds great but can most people afford the ticket prices ? 2-300 baht is maximum what I am willing to spend.

Would that have to include pick up service and lunch?

Then its the old Pattaya Park for you .If its still open ?and was just B100 6 years ago .Great fun and very cheap .(then at least ) .

Just been to Pattaya Park 2 days ago. The water quality depends on the day of the week, it does get a bit greenish on some days. It's still 100 Baht for both Thai and Farang. I usually go there because it's not any more expensive then using the big pools from hotels in Pattaya (which are the same price anyway), the lagoon is quite large, the big slide is awesome (an accident waiting to happen though), you can bring your own drinks and food (probably not allowed at CN and Ramayana... 60 Baht for a soft drink? I dread to ask how much a beer is in these places), and it beats swimming in Jomtien/Pratamnak/Pattaya hands down... the water is just sooo dirty at the beach and there is loads of small jellyfish now. And did I mention I would have to fork out 100 Baht for a bed at the beach anyway? As a reward for these f%$&ers cutting down all the remaining trees and occupying all the beach so you have to use their "services"?

Is it open yet ?,is it open yet ? is it open yet ? (my 2 kids want to know ) .We live in Chiang Mai and have been to the Cartoon channel Water park last year ,which they loved but emptied my pockets .

It was not open at the beginning of this week, looked like they are testing the water slides and such so it wont be long I think.

Just been to Pattaya Park 2 days ago. The water quality depends on the day of the week, it does get a bit greenish on some days. It's still 100 Baht for both Thai and Farang. I usually go there because it's not any more expensive then using the big pools from hotels in Pattaya (which are the same price anyway), the lagoon is quite large, the big slide is awesome (an accident waiting to happen though), you can bring your own drinks and food (probably not allowed at CN and Ramayana... 60 Baht for a soft drink? I dread to ask how much a beer is in these places), and it beats swimming in Jomtien/Pratamnak/Pattaya hands down... the water is just sooo dirty at the beach and there is loads of small jellyfish now. And did I mention I would have to fork out 100 Baht for a bed at the beach anyway? As a reward for these f%$&ers cutting down all the remaining trees and occupying all the beach so you have to use their "services"?

A family of 4 can spend the day at Pattaya Park including food and transport

for about or under 1,000 Baht.

At Cartoon Network you will be looking at closer to 10,000 Baht...

It's closer to 6k...and are you really trying to equate the 20 year-old Pattaya Park with Cartoon Amazone? Just be glad there are two options for different budgets and wants. There is also the waterpark and beach at Central Mirage resort, which is very nice, for 1000 per person for day use so even less at 4k.

Also Ramayana has a FB page where one can register and we're supposed to get discount codes when the park opens and obviously be notified when it opens.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Thats like comparing apples and. ...well spaceships, not even close!

Thats like comparing apples and. ...well spaceships, not even close!

Brother I don't know if you have been on the

big slide at Pattaya Park or not? I think

the yellow one..

I went on it last year...

Holy smokes that sucker gave me a fright..

I dont need any thing more wild...

Edited by fforest1

Also Ramayana has a FB page where one can register and we're supposed to get discount codes when the park opens and obviously be notified when it opens.

As stated earlier, they won't honour their promise of 20% and already caused a little shitstorm on Facebook.

Yes, they give you 20%, but only 20% off the regular price which you don't get charged for another 6 months.

So you can have 20% off the "regular" 1190 Baht or just pay 990 Baht at the gate. I did the maths for you, it's a "saving" of 38 Baht.

Edited by Rimmer

Well there is tickets on sale from today so I guess it's open now? No info on Facebook, no info on their website... Are they trying to keep it a secret as to not be run over until they got everything working smoothly?

As stated earlier, they won't honour their promise of 20% and already caused a little shitstorm on Facebook.

Yes, they give you 20%, but only 20% off the regular price which you don't get charged for another 6 months.

So you can have 20% off the "regular" 1190 Baht or just pay 990 Baht at the gate. I did the maths for you, it's a "saving" of 38 Baht.

For Thailand, 38 baht is a good discount ?

But seriously,whatever, not unexpected in Thailand. Still won't affect my checking out the place if it ever opens.

I took my family to CN on the first day it opened (soft opening) and signed up immediately for the platinum membership. I guess I got lucky because I met the right people that day. They gave me 18months membership for the price of 12months and every time we went until the official opening the food and drinks were free. They allow my family of five to enter on a family of four membership at no extra cost. They also allow my mother inlaw to visit free as she is in a wheel chair. All my kids have had birthday parties there with guests at no extra cost. When my extended family comes from overseas they are not charged entry either. All in all CN has been a great experience for my bunch and I hope Ramayana is as accommodating and family orientated.

Great to have these places being built in Pattaya.