Harley-Davidson 750 Street

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's a step in the right direction for Harley, water cooling is the way to go and I am sure the big twins will be that too one day.

The bike looked quite nippy on the video clip and 40 kg lighter which is like a small Thai lady, he-he.

end of harley.

No, i don't think so by a long shot..

This bike is aimed at a whole different new [for HD ] market and their promo tells it as this ; "lighter bikes for younger folks,"

Its not my style at all, but i think it could do alright in the target market...not everyone wants to ride sports bikes...

@ guzzi850m2..Yes, for sure legislation will force watercooling to become standard on all HD models sooner rather than later..don't forget the V Rod has been so for 12-13 years already, so they have the maching/tooling already...

• Like 2

Smart marketing move, Harley needs to attract the younger Hipster crowd if it's going to thrive.

Spec wise it will be weak against the Japanese and European bikes but HD fans seem to look beyond that. Personally I prefer the looks of the 883 (the 883 is a very nice looking bike IMO) but I guess this will sell quite well with the slick marketing, brand loyalty etc.

Dress it up like an XR750 and it'll sell like hot cakes.

I too think that HD made a good move by jumping into the 20th Century with the V Rod, this is just the natural progression. Credit where credit is due they don't just rush into launching any old crap, they research, design engineer and only sell what they know fits in with their brand.

A lot of other manufacturers should take a leaf from their book.

I still wouldn't buy one though. I have another 15 years of perfecting my beer gut to go yet.

Looks pretty good. Need to move that horn, put a fork brace on it and it should make a nice bike. 40 kg less is a significant weight loss. Hope the engine holds up. Should be ok with water cooling.

Agree, and those fork gaiters have to go..ugly!

The engine is based on the V rod so engine should be good.

Check out the mods on this one .. post-169941-0-53536000-1396278677_thumb.

58 hp.how do ya know?Harley puts the cc down and cu in.I can't find any literature where they put down the HP.I ride A softail 1450 cc.88 cu in.In Harley forums I believe someone said it had 55 hp.If that's the case the old 74 cu in,1200's probably had 45 or so HP.

58 hp.how do ya know?Harley puts the cc down and cu in.I can't find any literature where they put down the HP.I ride A softail 1450 cc.88 cu in.In Harley forums I believe someone said it had 55 hp.If that's the case the old 74 cu in,1200's probably had 45 or so HP.

Because the guy reviewing it said 58hp.
  • Like 1

58 hp.how do ya know?Harley puts the cc down and cu in.I can't find any literature where they put down the HP.

Guess you didn't look in the right places.............post-169941-0-46348400-1396281860_thumb.

The horn needs to be moved, the electric connection on the rear brake done better and put some padding in the seat for the pillion. ...otherwise it looks good!

Instead of going potato potato at idle this one will be poppadom poppadom!

• Like 2

My wife has put down an interst to buy with HD BKK as soon as they have a demonstrator ,, if it really has the 25'' claimed seat height like her rebel 250 and is narrower and better suspended than a sportster she will buy it ,she has been trying bigger engined bikes for 4 years now to replace her excellent but slow rebel. but she is so petite everything else is just too big.

Edited by liddelljohn

if i buy a Harley, i prefer a made in USA one.

If i need a bike like this, i go for Yamaha Bolt or Harley 883 which the price difference is not much.

Also reviews about fit and finish are all bad like welds, switches etc.

Is this the Indian built one?

Yes , apparently the 'global' market models will be built in India

USA home market models to be built USA.

it is not like it will be build in USA just parts from India will be assembled in USA.

A good bike for Indian people but i do not think so any Thais or any Harley admirers in Asia will get one and dent their bragging rights.

it is not like it will be build in USA just parts from India will be assembled in USA.

A good bike for Indian people but i do not think so any Thais or any Harley admirers in Asia will get one and dent their bragging rights.

Not sure......from HD:

But let’s be perfectly clear: All Street 750s and Street 500s for US and Canadian consumption will be built in the Harley-Davidson Vehicle and Powertrain Operations plant in Kansas City, Missouri, where there is a manufacturing line dedicated to producing the liquid-cooled Revolution X engine, a new 60-degree V-twin featuring chain-driven single overhead camshafts. On the other hand, all Street 750s and Street 500s for India, Italy, Spain, and Portugal (the only other markets at this time), will be built in Bawal, which has been expanded to a full manufacturing plant (for the Street models only) and uses parts sourced from all over the world.

Not sure......from HD:

But lets be perfectly clear: All Street 750s and Street 500s for US and Canadian consumption will be built in the Harley-Davidson Vehicle and Powertrain Operations plant in Kansas City, Missouri, where there is a manufacturing line dedicated to producing the liquid-cooled Revolution X engine, a new 60-degree V-twin featuring chain-driven single overhead camshafts. On the other hand, all Street 750s and Street 500s for India, Italy, Spain, and Portugal (the only other markets at this time), will be built in Bawal, which has been expanded to a full manufacturing plant (for the Street models only) and uses parts sourced from all over the world.

"and uses parts sourced from all over the world." That's a cute way to avoid having to actually name the 3rd world countries individually!

Not sure......from HD:

But let’s be perfectly clear: All Street 750s and Street 500s for US and Canadian consumption will be built in the Harley-Davidson Vehicle and Powertrain Operations plant in Kansas City, Missouri, where there is a manufacturing line dedicated to producing the liquid-cooled Revolution X engine, a new 60-degree V-twin featuring chain-driven single overhead camshafts. On the other hand, all Street 750s and Street 500s for India, Italy, Spain, and Portugal (the only other markets at this time), will be built in Bawal, which has been expanded to a full manufacturing plant (for the Street models only) and uses parts sourced from all over the world.

as you posted, they will just assemble parts from India in USA!

Remember, these are still pre production models. I expect that the cosmetics will be sorted before it hits the showroom floor. This is a very important model for HD as they seek to crack the Indian market. Personally, I think the Street is going to sell very well.

Not sure......from HD:

as you posted, they will just assemble parts from India in USA!

As i said ''not sure" its a bit ambiguous, but is possible...but to me this "Operations plant in Kansas City, Missouri, where there is a manufacturing line" suggests more than just assembly.

From Cycle World.

WHERE IS IT MADE? 2014 Harley-Davidson Street 750 and Street 500

ANDREW BORNHOP NOVEMBER 12, 2013

There seems to be some confusion online about where the new Harley-Davidson Street 750 and Street 500 models are going to be built. Perhaps because these small, liquid-cooled bikes (priced at $7,500 and $6,700, respectively) will become the entry-level Harleys when they arrive in the second quarter of

2014, more than a few people on our website have speculated that these first all-new HDs in 13 years will be built in the companys Bawal, India, plant, the complete knock-down (CKD) facility that has been assembling bikes since 2011.

Thats partially true. But lets be perfectly clear: All Street 750s and Street 500s for US and Canadian consumption will be built in the Harley-Davidson Vehicle and Powertrain Operations plant in Kansas City, Missouri, where there is a manufacturing line dedicated to producing the liquid-cooled Revolution X engine, a new 60-degree V-twin featuring chain-driven single overhead camshafts. On the other hand, all Street 750s and Street 500s for India, Italy, Spain,

and Portugal (the only other markets at this time), will be built in Bawal, which has been expanded to a full manufacturing plant (for the Street models only) and uses parts sourced from all over the world.

Of note, the Revolution X engines and six-speed transmissions for the non US and Canadian models are also built in Bawal, on an expanded manufacturing line there. By producing bikes in Indiaas it has done since 2011 with models such as the SuperLow, Iron, 48, Street Bob, Fat Bob,

Super Glide Custom, Fat Boy, Fat Boy Special, and Heritage Softail ClassicHarley avoids steep import tariffs, which has helped The Motor Company acquire a lions share of the heavyweight market in the worlds second most populous nation.

Harley-Davidson, in a move that helps make clear the manufacturing location of its new Street models, invited its North American dealers to Kansas City this month to see for themselves that the bikes for US and Canadian consumption are being built right here in the U.S. Incidentally, Harley-Davidson says that U.S.- and Indian-built Street models are identical to one another, each even having the same headlights and directional signals that are said to be legal in

all markets worldwide. The only exception? Indian models require a special saree guard on the rear wheel because so many passengers there ride sidesaddle. Thats probably not a concern in Dubuque, Des Moines, or Dallas.

I have visited factories and foundries and machine shops in Taiwan and korea that produce much of HDs Evo and twin cam engine internals and gearboxes

when i was in triumphs UK and Thai factories parts were being assembled from sources including Germany, sweden, Italy,USA,Taiwan, thailand ,China,korea ,france ,Australia, Brazil ,Spain and Slovakia and i a sure i missed a few .

The horn needs to be moved, the electric connection on the rear brake done better and put some padding in the seat for the pillion. ...otherwise it looks good!

Not a V Rod but a V Indaloo! 50hp from a 750cc engine am I missing something here?

• Like 1

Not a V Rod but a V Indaloo! 50hp from a 750cc engine am I missing something here?

58hp at the back wheel! That's not bad for a baby Harley.