Harley-Davidson 750 Street

Thanks RSD

+1. 1000PS of Austria took it to 180kmh with nothing falling off either. Performance and weight are respectable for such a bike and as RSD says, the information is out there. Also, HD stipulate that USA and Canada market bikes are manufactured in York, Pennsylvania NOT India and this info has been posted on this thread and yet some choose to ignore this fact. Why? I wonder.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks RSD

+1. 1000PS of Austria took it to 180kmh with nothing falling off either. Performance and weight are respectable for such a bike and as RSD says, the information is out there. Also, HD stipulate that USA and Canada market bikes are manufactured in York, Pennsylvania NOT India and this info has been posted on this thread and yet some choose to ignore this fact. Why? I wonder.

if you call assembly of parts coming from India as manufacturing, then yes it is manufactured in USAbiggrin.png

Harley is making a good job to fool people i guesslaugh.png

Do you ever think if they say assembly of parts in USA, can they sell it for Made in USA conscious Muricans?

Besides, you were the one comparing Harley with Honda and you were teh one posting wrong specs so please put those juicy bones to your mouth Bobby.

You both are aware you compare two completely different machines...??? It's like comparing a farming tractor with a Ferarri, on paper the amount of horsepower looks pretty similar with the exception that the Ferarri has to do more than twice the rpm to get at max horsepower, and the tractor wins on the amount of torque....

Still riding a Ferarri at maximum performance will probably scare the shit out of a average person, which maximum performance on a farming tractor is something around 60km/h.

The Harley-Davidson Street 750 is a cruiser, and the Honda CBR500R is a wannabe sportsbike (and not get me wrong it's sporty).... I always had a problem with people buying a Harley and trying to justify the purchase by trying to convince that the motorcycle could actual put some performance on the tarmac... Sorry, I have a Harley-Davidson Sportster XL1200 and enjoy to ride it, but I would never compare the 1200cc V-twin with a Ducati 1198 that makes me just laugh...

...well,one can't have both...tongue.pnglaugh.png

• Like 2

LL, the article in CW clearly states that the USA and Canada bikes are manufactured and not just assembled in the USA. It states that Harley has built a manufacturing line. If you have read that on this thread yet still say they are all assembled from parts from the India factory you are arguing for arguments sake. If you deliberately post misleading facts expect to be corrected.

LL, the article in CW clearly states that the USA and Canada bikes are manufactured and not just assembled in the USA. It states that Harley has built a manufacturing line. If you have read that on this thread yet still say they are all assembled from parts from the India factory you are arguing for arguments sake. If you deliberately post misleading facts expect to be corrected.

this is what Harley tells you.

To make these bikes price competitive, of course they will bring the parts from India to USA and assemble it. Otherwise one bike two different prices.

if they open another production line in USA for the same engine and transmission, it does not make any sense in terms of business and it does not make any sense to open a factory in India as well.

If you think on business way, you will understand what i mean.

To make these bikes price competitive, of course they will bring the parts from India to USA and assemble it. Otherwise one bike two different prices.

if they open another production line in USA for the same engine and transmission, it does not make any sense in terms of business and it does not make any sense to open a factory in India as well.

Share the source of the info that HD brings parts from India to assemble bikes in USA

Share the source of the info that HD brings parts from India to assemble bikes in USA

Can you share a source apart from the press info harley distributes to bike mags?

You are talking here what Harley says.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You are talking here what Harley says.

I made no post stating anything that Harley says. Not where the bike are assembled, or manufactured.

Thanks RSD

I expect that is a major selling point "Parts don't drop off at 180kph at least on the first day". Call me old fashioned but I like my Italian bikes made in Italy, American bikes - America and Jap bikes - Japan.

The Dyno chart is very strange. Shows the BHP in a straight vertical line with no drop off. Either this bike has tons more BHP or it's a lie. All Dyno charts look like an upside down "J".

Ah - so you can not state the source ? Or you will not ?

I am just asking in reply to a post that you made.

The silence is deafening.

No doubt now about the veracity of this and other posts.

Kudo's to Harley for marketing accessories to their target market.

Yeah, Dennis Hopper is spinning in his grave! Every other bike co. said screw you Baboo! I don't like Harleys or any other sort of cruiser/chopper but HD is an American icon that is now worth jack.

Edited by ATF

Ah - so you can not state the source ? Or you will not ?

I am just asking in reply to a post that you made.

The silence is deafening.

No doubt now about the veracity of this and other posts.

You still did not state your source apart from how harley fools you through press info at bike mags.

Where is your source?

Your veracity is sweeping the ground along with your ego man. Some of us have a life and having a holiday or owning nice bikes and ride them and dont stay in front of the computer all the time like a troll in a cave:lol:

Just go out and ride your wave man. No worries if you believe harley make special street 750 in usa. That is what is expected from people like you.

Edited by ll2

^

Posts like this make reading this forum a pain bah.gif

If you post things that are not true, or you can not - or will not - provide the source of this info, then expect to be called on it.

I posted nothing - no info from HD, no info from the press, nothing. I requested an answer to a post saying that HD sources parts from India to assemble/manufacture bikes in the USA. I worded said request politely, and no offense was intended or inferred.

No source provided.

Draw your own conclusions.

I know you were waiting for it and here it comes! The Harley Davidson Sari Guard! HD has dumped on themselves from a great height every HD owner must be puking!

It's a legal requirement for all manufacturers to sell their bikes with sari guards.

Well, I think I'll put on my sari, then my pink and cream leathers with a matching beanie helmet, open toed sandals without socks - or maybe with socks, and drive my Honda Wave down to the HD dealer and try out the new 750 street.

When I walk in the door I will for sure look the part !!! 555

^

Really? It is not your name called out or it is not you attacked disrespectfully.

So you just go complain for the guy starting that or just shut up man.

^

Really? It is not your name called out or it is not you attacked disrespectfully.

So you just go complain for the guy starting that or be objective or just shut up man.

^

If you post things that are not true, or you can not - or will not - provide the source of this info, then expect to be called on it.

I posted nothing - no info from HD, no info from the press, nothing. I requested an answer to a post saying that HD sources parts from India to assemble/manufacture bikes in the USA. I worded said request politely, and no offense was intended or inferred.

No source provided.

Draw your own conclusions.

This is not a newspaper therefore no need for a source all the time.

I state my reasons on what i am saying and believing and i am not here to convince you on believing this anyway man. You continue on what you believe. While riding your wave thinking about harleys will be made in usa for special Muricans and they will be made in India for second class Europeans! Funny really.

Edited by ll2

Post BS - expect to be called on it.

Talking about bs?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/717327-Why-We-Ride#entry7663390

After this thread and your constant bs you will be always called in this forum. Guess though how you will be called? Not positive sure:lol:

Seedy, Hey Man you admitted you had a Goldwing. That's the biggest pile of krap ever.

Seedy, Hey Man you admitted you had a Goldwing. That's the biggest pile of krap ever.

Could not pass it up. An American guy from Utah was riding up the Dempster highway to Inuvik. Had a heart attack and died. Of course, the bike fell over, cam belt came off, and the valves in the RH cylinder hit the piston.

Sat at the garage at the Dempster corner for 2 years, waiting for insurance and the will to be done. In the end, no one wanted to come and get it, or pay for it to be shipped.

Bought it for $300 bucks - 9000 Baht.

Bought new valves, keepers, retainers and a cam belt, fixed it, some TLC and sold it for $3500.00

Nice winter project.