So many experts on Thailand and Thai women

i claudius

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everybody has his/her own story to tell.

Its written all through the eyes of the beholder.

What is your expert opinion ?

I dont claim to be an expert ,far from it ,i;ve married or lived with a good few in my life ,my wife of 20 years is 24 years younger than me , we met through buisness and i have no doubt that marrying the boss ,must have been some incentive ,but it worked for us and we are as happy as larry ,i know you cannot own land hear ,but you can have a 30 year lease ,so you are safe for 30 years .

some time ago i met a guy who had baught two houses and lost both , his first wife he met in a bar and hardly knew her ,you would have thought that after that he would take more care ,but he did the same again almost straight away ,you just can't help stupid . i do know though that the vast majority of the guys i know have normal ordinary marriages ,they are not married to short skirted ,tattood girls in their early 20's but ordinary if sometimes attractive women in their late 30;s and 40's and all have normal ordinary every day relationships ,just like you would with a western woman .

What strikes me in your comment about the guy you met, who has bought houses for 2 consecutive women, that you and many others, understandably, think he is very very stupid. I think that as well. However his intentions were only good and by those good intentions he got shafted. That is wrong. So in case of blaming his naivety and stupidity it would be better to blame the wrongdoer.

Good is good, bad is bad......clever is clever, dumb is dumb.

• Like 2

What strikes me in your comment about the guy you met, who has bought houses for 2 consecutive women, that you and many others, understandably, think he is very very stupid. I think that as well. However his intentions were only good and by those good intentions he got shafted. That is wrong. So in case of blaming his naivety and stupidity it would be better to blame the wrongdoer.

Good is good, bad is bad......clever is clever, dumb is dumb.

You (and I) do keep coming back to this.

Someone who is willfully stupid to the point that they are obviously masochistic and self-destructive is IMO every bit as complicit in the "evil" of what we're talking about here.

Some people, some cultures separate their value system in their personal lives from that operative in their business dealings.

Here you'd be wise to just consider it all as "business" and protect yourself accordingly.

Or just be willing to happily make donations to people needier than you.

But if you go in with eyes wide open, fully informed and warned by everyone about you, and put at risk your financial sustainability, or control over your kids, or anything else of jugular importance to you, then I'm sorry but few here will give you much sympathy.

Get out of the "victim stance" psychologically, take responsibility for where your past choices have brought you - only then can you start to take the steps necessary to taking control over your life and achieving the happiness you'll surely get once you've earned it - it doesn't come to those that don't deserve it, life isn't "fair" by default.

Edited by wym
  • Like 1

There is so much wank on these forums. It only takes few months to work it out. The ladies want SECURITY!! THEY don't have social security etc here. Clearly that's why most accept older men like myself. I can live here forever and take good care of the Thai gf. Some blokes want to come here and live on little while being say 45 or less. It will all go to rubbish unless you have money. What are they thinking. ? Come here teach English or sell sunglasses. Geez. Have the money to provide for the lady or go back to farang land till you have

• Like 2

Benalibina.

ever heard the saying ,"fool me once shame on you ,fool me twice ,shame on me"?

Yes i have heard it and not arguing against that. It still is between good and bad. Not everybody is born with or has developed the right attitude to learn from his/her mistakes. I stand by my point....good is good ..bad is bad.

Btw, i have never been scammed to buy houses etc....i always had the attitude when 1st arriving in thailand...never to buy a relationship.

Most of the problems with the farang guys that seek Thai women is that they believe the rules here regarding male, female relationships are different from those in the West. But the fact is, it`s all based on the same principles.

Old Granddad seeks young Thai woman believing in her eyes she will view the old guy as hunsum man and he can relive his youth again. Farang aims for women from the under classes of Thai society in the belief that these women will be more desperate, easier to pull and will remain loyal to escape their poverty and she would consider him as her knight in shining armour coming to the rescue of a damsel in distress. Ugly or plain looking Mr Average seeks beautiful Park Lane type model stunner girl for marriage. Certain farang guys that have personality inadequacies in their own countries believe these will not be noticed in Thailand. If you fit one or more of these categories, than fully expect the girl to see you as a walking ATM.

On the other hand, if some farang guys are prepared to enter reality and seek Thai female partners more comparable to them, age wise, status, looks and those women who are looking for the same, than they are in with a chance of finding a nice, decent Thai lady and not being scammed or cheated.

The same rules apply anywhere, not only in Thailand.

You mean to say,

we in our 50's should sleep with women in their 50's

when there is an abundance of younger women in their 30's that are willing to have us?

you,

must be crazy

• Like 1

Most of the problems with the farang guys that seek Thai women is that they believe the rules here regarding male, female relationships are different from those in the West. But the fact is, it`s all based on the same principles.

Old Granddad seeks young Thai woman believing in her eyes she will view the old guy as hunsum man and he can relive his youth again. Farang aims for women from the under classes of Thai society in the belief that these women will be more desperate, easier to pull and will remain loyal to escape their poverty and she would consider him as her knight in shining armour coming to the rescue of a damsel in distress. Ugly or plain looking Mr Average seeks beautiful Park Lane type model stunner girl for marriage. Certain farang guys that have personality inadequacies in their own countries believe these will not be noticed in Thailand. If you fit one or more of these categories, than fully expect the girl to see you as a walking ATM.

On the other hand, if some farang guys are prepared to enter reality and seek Thai female partners more comparable to them, age wise, status, looks and those women who are looking for the same, than they are in with a chance of finding a nice, decent Thai lady and not being scammed or cheated.

Either-Or Reasoning: (also False Dilemma, Black / White Fallacy). A fallacy that falsely offers only two possible alternatives even though a broad range of possible alternatives are really available.

For example: old granddad employs nice decent young and beautiful Thai women to take care of him at a fair wage, without any naive beliefs about how she sees him or expecting undue loyalty nor believing he is "rescuing" anyone. Simply paying for services rendered and knowing when it ends (sooner rather than later) then there are plenty more to take her place. Sets up the deal arrangements so there isn't any possibility of him losing more than he's willing to give.

I don't see how anyone would have a problem with that.

• Like 1

Yes you are right.

People have no right to complain since they are doing it to themselves and they must like what's happening otherwise they would be in the process of changing it right now.

Besides your life is what you make it and all that is present in your life is your creature.

I stopped counting a long time ago, how many women I have been with but how is that that none of them has ever tried to rip me off etc but rather the opposite. Treated me the best regardless of what country I was in. If you need a real woman, become a real man.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes you are right.

People have no right to complain since they are doing it to themselves and they must like what's happening otherwise they would be in the process of changing it right now.

Besides your life is what you make it and all that is present in your life is your creature.

I stopped counting a long time ago, how many women I have been with but how is that that none of them has ever tried to rip me off etc but rather the opposite. Treated me the best regardless of what country I was in. If you need a real woman, become a real man.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Imagine that,

you probably just treated them well, and respected their uniqueness, and they did the same.

pretty much the way I see it too,

thanks

You mean to say,

when there is an abundance of younger women in their 30's that are willing to have us?

you,

must be crazy

Beetlejuice, per usual, is on point. I think what he's saying is if you want to have a relatively healthy, long-term relationship here, then you stand a better chance with a girl that's more similar to you in age, education, status, etc. Same as anywhere else in the world.

• Like 2

I've never had a Thai gf, am I missing out on something?

same here. great. go where i want, when i want, with who i want. my money, my life, my decisions.

no compromising, no emotional balast, no worries.

want massage: i pay (150thb/hour)

want haircut: i pay (70thb)

want sex: friiiiiiiiiiiii giggle.gif.pagespeed.ce.AcGRO3FsZu.gif

want food: i pay (30THB-300THB)

want company: no, wanna be left alone

not an expert on thailand nor (thai) women.

but I am an expert of my own life............

• Like 1

You mean to say,

you,

must be crazy

he maybe crazy but

YOU

still don't get it ;-)

however, it's your life and you should live it your way!

peace

They are people first and Thai women second. They have a different life than westerns. What are their choices for a good relationship? Thai men? Young western men who are probably worse than thai men. they have very little prospects for good relationships. they try their best and realize most men treat them as 'thai women' - they get degraded. Most want a good relationship but there is a problem. Westerns are educated differently. They love to learn more, ask questions, get good service, etc. They were not offered a good education and don't want to do a lot of thinking since they were not trained in that matter. Now what? They are use to working 7 days a week. Maybe that is too much but what happens when she goes to 0 days. This is a huge problem. What are the other activities you can do with a companion? If you are a loser (just kidding) all you want to do is sleep all day and drink all night. You sure cannot add much to a relationship. Same with her. She cannot either. She is going to get bored so you both go out drinking and both become ---- whatever.

Just remember - you live in a country where you can get another girl quickly. she knows that. she needs some assurance. what are you going to give her? Like most westerner you have no idea. right?

• Like 1

^^ fully agree with ebean.

thai people are not better or worse than farang. they have their way, we have our way. it's all about customs, culture, etc.

and of course priorities.

western guy wants thai wife that takes care of him: ok

thai woman wants western guy that takes care of her: ok

live and let live. up to u!