So many experts on Thailand and Thai women

i claudius

^^ fully agree with ebean.

thai people are not better or worse than farang. they have their way, we have our way. it's all about customs, culture, etc.

and of course priorities.

western guy wants thai wife that takes care of him: ok

thai woman wants western guy that takes care of her: ok

live and let live. up to u!

ok, two thai girls showed up,

how was that possible? '-)

not all of us degrade them,

some of us truly like them, especially because they are thai, and girls

Edited by Scarpolo

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They are people first and Thai women second. They have a different life than westerns. What are their choices for a good relationship? Thai men? Young western men who are probably worse than thai men. they have very little prospects for good relationships. they try their best and realize most men treat them as 'thai women' - they get degraded. Most want a good relationship but there is a problem. Westerns are educated differently. They love to learn more, ask questions, get good service, etc. They were not offered a good education and don't want to do a lot of thinking since they were not trained in that matter. Now what? They are use to working 7 days a week. Maybe that is too much but what happens when she goes to 0 days. This is a huge problem. What are the other activities you can do with a companion? If you are a loser (just kidding) all you want to do is sleep all day and drink all night. You sure cannot add much to a relationship. Same with her. She cannot either. She is going to get bored so you both go out drinking and both become ---- whatever.

Just remember - you live in a country where you can get another girl quickly. she knows that. she needs some assurance. what are you going to give her? Like most westerner you have no idea. right?

besides, good and kind treatment, patience and good intent?

Of course a young Thai women is marrying an older farang because he has more money/financial security than a young Thai man.....the only real question to ask yourself is....is that the ONLY reason she is with you?

Beetlejuice, per usual, is on point. I think what he's saying is if you want to have a relatively healthy, long-term relationship here, then you stand a better chance with a girl that's more similar to you in age, education, status, etc. Same as anywhere else in the world.

And I think it's a myth.

Based on tautologically defining "healthy" as "in line with what I think (= what I was taught to believe) is the 'right kind' of relationship." Basically comes down to "BJ and eldragon think it just isn't right".

A relationship between completely opposite types of people, 50 year age difference, little language in common, whatever, that starts out as 100% transactional can still end up being perfectly healthy for both of them.

For an old guy who just can't be happy with someone his own age, that's the only way to go anyway, not as if he has a choice about it. Maybe the odds are it won't last that long, well so be it, dust yourself off and try again, what's the problem?

Now, avoiding being scammed of your financial security, that's a completely separate topic, and as many have agreed, precautions there are just as necessary with a western-accepted same-age same-culture based-on-lurve relationship.

Edited by wym

A relationship between completely opposite types of people, 50 year age difference, little language in common, whatever, that starts out as 100% transactional can still end up being perfectly healthy for both of them.

What you've described is not a relationship.

• Like 1

What you've described is not a relationship.

that was a bit extreme, 50 year difference,

but to an asian girl in her 30's or 40's, is battling horrific odds of finding a native mate who can provide her security, in her home country ,be it Thailand, Cambodia, Myammar, etc, and one or more children, and she is in deep trouble,

that opens a lot of minds

Speaking only for myself, I've never over-generalized about the percentage of Thai women that are evil scammers.

That there is some such percentage I think no one can deny.

To me, it's just a question of how do you reduce the risk, within the context of your goals and what is realistic for you to achieve.

The real estate question is for me separate from the above question. Thailand has decided very strongly to prevent foreigners from owning land, and most of the schemes the lawyers come up with wouldn't stand up to close scrutiny if/when more objective authorities decide to "crack down" in the future.

A certain percentage of lawyers and land-office bureaucrats are crooked, don't think anyone would deny that.

Being in a location with a high density of high-value targets certainly does increase the percentage of both TG and "advisers" which are scammers.

Most of us retired geniuses don't have much money. If we had a few Million Dollars we would run into the same situation at home. Girls would be after us for the money. Here they are after us for much less and we feel great

Speaking only for myself, I've never over-generalized about the percentage of Thai women that are evil scammers.

That there is some such percentage I think no one can deny.

To me, it's just a question of how do you reduce the risk, within the context of your goals and what is realistic for you to achieve.

The real estate question is for me separate from the above question. Thailand has decided very strongly to prevent foreigners from owning land, and most of the schemes the lawyers come up with wouldn't stand up to close scrutiny if/when more objective authorities decide to "crack down" in the future.

A certain percentage of lawyers and land-office bureaucrats are crooked, don't think anyone would deny that.

Being in a location with a high density of high-value targets certainly does increase the percentage of both TG and "advisers" which are scammers.

Most of us retired geniuses don't have much money. If we had a few Million Dollars we would run into the same situation at home. Girls would be after us for the money. Here they are after us for much less and we feel great

very good point,

very true,

I experienced quite a bit of that in my 40's

girls in their 20's, everywhere, all the time,

its the way the world works,

and the girls, instigate it, most of the time,

thai girls do settle for less,

if they only knew what they could accomplish in the states

Most of the problems with the farang guys that seek Thai women is that they believe the rules here regarding male, female relationships are different from those in the West. But the fact is, it`s all based on the same principles.

Old Granddad seeks young Thai woman believing in her eyes she will view the old guy as hunsum man and he can relive his youth again. Farang aims for women from the under classes of Thai society in the belief that these women will be more desperate, easier to pull and will remain loyal to escape their poverty and she would consider him as her knight in shining armour coming to the rescue of a damsel in distress. Ugly or plain looking Mr Average seeks beautiful Park Lane type model stunner girl for marriage. Certain farang guys that have personality inadequacies in their own countries believe these will not be noticed in Thailand. If you fit one or more of these categories, than fully expect the girl to see you as a walking ATM.

On the other hand, if some farang guys are prepared to enter reality and seek Thai female partners more comparable to them, age wise, status, looks and those women who are looking for the same, than they are in with a chance of finding a nice, decent Thai lady and not being scammed or cheated.

The same rules apply anywhere, not only in Thailand.

You mean to say,

we in our 50's should sleep with women in their 50's

when there is an abundance of younger women in their 30's that are willing to have us?

you,

must be crazy

No I am not. But what exactly do the old guys who are attracted to much younger women expect to get out of the relationships?

Most of the problems with the farang guys that seek Thai women is that they believe the rules here regarding male, female relationships are different from those in the West. But the fact is, it`s all based on the same principles.

Old Granddad seeks young Thai woman believing in her eyes she will view the old guy as hunsum man and he can relive his youth again. Farang aims for women from the under classes of Thai society in the belief that these women will be more desperate, easier to pull and will remain loyal to escape their poverty and she would consider him as her knight in shining armour coming to the rescue of a damsel in distress. Ugly or plain looking Mr Average seeks beautiful Park Lane type model stunner girl for marriage. Certain farang guys that have personality inadequacies in their own countries believe these will not be noticed in Thailand. If you fit one or more of these categories, than fully expect the girl to see you as a walking ATM.

On the other hand, if some farang guys are prepared to enter reality and seek Thai female partners more comparable to them, age wise, status, looks and those women who are looking for the same, than they are in with a chance of finding a nice, decent Thai lady and not being scammed or cheated.

You mean to say,

when there is an abundance of younger women in their 30's that are willing to have us?

you,

must be crazy

No I am not. But what exactly do the old guys who are attracted to much younger women expect to get out of the relationships?

What do we get?

I can only answer, that women in their 30s enjoy being with us, as much as we like being with them,

I personally, have zero interest in females my age, and to quote the last girl I was with,

"women past 50 dont want sex, the same way

women in their 30's do."

we want relationships with females we are attracted too,

and that, is purely a matter of taste

Oh buy the way the OP refers to a woman not working in a baras "an ordinary woman"

Take your narrow mminded attitude back home with you tail between legs.

If you read any post on the subject you will see i have NEVER knocked bar girls ,some are good some are bad ,but at the end of the day what they are doing is prostitution ,and while i have nothing at all against it ,you cannot say that it is "ordinary" and if you are married to a good ex bar girl ,great you are a lucky man. many are not.

• Like 1

You mean to say,

you,

must be crazy

A bloody good shag ,sorry couldnt resist.thumbsup.gif

Edited by i claudius
  • Like 1

You mean to say,

you,

must be crazy

But that's not exclusive to Thailand. In every country there's an abundance of women in their 20s and 30s who would happily sleep with you, but like Thailand they probably won't be the kind of women you want to marry, or be around for too long.

And it's not just 2nd or 3rd world countries either...

Same principle applies for me in the UK. At 35 and looking my age, what the hell does a 20-year-old want with me? She should be enjoying her youth at university and turning her nose up at my crows feet and receding hairline. Then again, if I hung around outside the job centre or frequented some poor council estates no doubt I could find a 21-year-old, unemployed, wayward girl to sleep with me...if I had the funds for the next 6 pack of Heineken and let her ride in my car every day.

But personally I don't think it's cool to take advantage of people because you've been dealt a better hand in life or have your head screwed on a little better. Rather than take advantage of the afflicted to fill a sexual means to an end, better to use the wisdom of age to empower them toward a better future.

• Like 1

i do not solely blame the thai ladies , many westerners that come here are either divorced in their home country and find it hard to find a new g/f or wife especially if they are middle aged ,so they head for thailand they have heard the stories and think all south eastern ladies take great attention to their male partners

this is true to a certain extent but you need to settle in and understand their culture , ive been coming here 25 years and live here for a good few tears and im learning everyday ,

but the big mistake many of these men make is too fall for a bar girl , annd within 3-4 days they are head over heels in love .mistake no/1

mistake no/2 they show/tell her how much money they have

then within 2-3 weeks they buy her a moterbike or gold mistake no/3 (would you buy a girl in europe a car/bike after just meeting her ) honest answers only ?

i was told/learnt years ago that to earn respect here you have to look after every satang if you just splash the cash your ripe for the taking ,i see at least 1 farang lose a house or a car every month in my job

i do not blame the girls its the men who are the idiots here ,all you have to do is becarful with your money and you can have a jong and happy time here .but get your wife partner to work for their money

,my wife is asked all the time why do you work when you have a farang husband ,she just laughs and says i own half the buisiness and make a decent living and dont have to ask him for anything i buy my own

we have been married 8 years and ive never given her or her family a baht ,if they want it they earn it by working

I came to Thailand a few times, dated different girls (never went to the bars) When I met my future wife, I first looked into her background, her family, education, how she earned her livelihood etc, came to Thailand another couple of times to be with her. I then sold everything and moved here, she was halfway building a house when I first met her, I paid off the mortgage, today I could not be happier.

You mean to say,

you,

must be crazy

But that's not exclusive to Thailand. In every country there's an abundance of women in their 20s and 30s who would happily sleep with you, but like Thailand they probably won't be the kind of women you want to marry, or be around for too long.

And it's not just 2nd or 3rd world countries either...

Same principle applies for me in the UK. At 35 and looking my age, what the hell does a 20-year-old want with me? She should be enjoying her youth at university and turning her nose up at my crows feet and receding hairline. Then again, if I hung around outside the job centre or frequented some poor council estates no doubt I could find a 21-year-old, unemployed, wayward girl to sleep with me...if I had the funds for the next 6 pack of Heineken and let her ride in my car every day.

But personally I don't think it's cool to take advantage of people because you've been dealt a better hand in life or have your head screwed on a little better. Rather than take advantage of the afflicted to fill a sexual means to an end, better to use the wisdom of age to empower them toward a better future.

" better to use the wisdom of age to empower them toward a better future. "

that, my ethernet friend, is what "they" get out of it,

if they are smart

these girls many times initiate the advance, and they know what they want,

you underestimate their needs, and look for fault, don't

if you would have just stopped at "otherwise", and said nothing further, I woould have hit the like button,

but, you kept going.

and for the record, the girl in her 30's liked being home, a lot.

until I came in her life, all she did was sleep in it

with me there, she had a chance to actually, LIVE in it, and enjoy it.
Her kitchen also got used for the first time
and some attention and water, got the bushes to fill out, and for the grass to regrow.
signs of life were everywhere,
and, she even had a few hundred movies she never saw,
imagine that,
the complete opposite of everything you just stated were your beliefs
Edited by Scarpolo
  • Like 1

And through it all was maybe saying to herself: This guy actually wants me to travel to the US to be with him. What an amateur.

especially after I had the water heater installed,

noticed that before I had to take an unecessarily cold shower

And through it all was maybe saying to herself: This guy actually wants me to travel to the US to be with him. What an amateur.

especially after I had the water heater installed,

noticed that before I had to take an unecessarily cold shower

OK -- but you're the guy who wrote of the US Consular official during a visa interview (interrogation?):

You cannot be saying that they will know if someone is a prostitute, how would they verify this?