Deaths of two men in bomb blast linked to political strife: Bangkok police

webfact

MIN BURI
Deaths of two men in blast linked to political strife: police

The Nation

30230566-01_big.JPG

BANGKOK: -- An ongoing investigation suggests that bomb blasts in Bangkok's Min Buri district on Saturday were related to intensifying political violence.

One of the explosions killed two men, who were believed to have carried the explosives at the time they went off.

National Police Commissioner Gen Adul Saengsingkaew said yesterday there were grounds to believe that the incidents had a political link.

"I have already instructed Assistant National Police Commissioner Lt Gen Winai Thongsong to urgently look into the cases," Adul said.

Police have also strictly manned checkpoints, he said, in a bid to prevent or at least reduce violence during the ongoing political crisis.

Metropolitan Police Division 3 commander Maj Gen Sukhun Prommayon said the two men killed in one of the blasts on Saturday had lived in a rented house. He said available evidence and witnesses' statements had proved useful to ongoing inquiries.

"But we can't disclose details at this point," he said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-01

I'd hate to have the job of a suicide-bomb tester ! rolleyes.gif

Hope the police have identified, and are now searching urgently for, the other men who were reported as fleeing the rented-house after the premature-explosion ?

Edited by Ricardo

One of the explosions killed two men, who were believed to have carried the explosives at the time they went off.

At least this time, innocent bystanders weren't killed, unlike the Nonthaburi explosion when a red shirt bomb maker blew up several innocents along with himself.

Because you haven't worked out a way to spin the fact that they are red shirt terrorists and of course those don't exist (according to PT, Thaksin and the oh so very reliable Police).

Because you haven't worked out a way to spin the fact that they are red shirt terrorists and of course those don't exist (according to PT, Thaksin and the oh so very reliable Police).

I wouldn't be leaping to that conclusion: the names released indicate an entirely different possibility.

They can't reveal details yet. because they were red shirts.

If they were linked to anti-government protesters, the details would have been released.

Almost certainly connected with Ko Tee.

It is long overdue that this prick be taken down with lethal force.

I wouldn't be leaping to that conclusion: the names released indicate an entirely different possibility.

One from Issan and one from the North points to a possibility.

Thank goodness when the police subsequently raided one of their houses, the significant stockpile of additional bomb-making material was neutralized.

That they were possession of a potentially disasterous explosion in a residential area is reminiscent of the aforementioned Nonthaburi apartment building catastrophe that the red shirt bomb maker accidentaly set off.

More denial as usual from those who don't wanna call a quacking, waddling swimming animal a duck. Give it another name and pass it off.

No. They don't. But you'll never admit to the red shirts doing anything wrong.

I am curious tho how many of the red TV supporters are married to working-class girls and what impact that has on their viewpoints.

• Like 1

No. They don't. But you'll never admit to the red shirts doing anything wrong.

I am curious tho how many of the red TV supporters are married to working-class girls and what impact that has on their viewpoints.

The only reason; they know darn PTP is post-feudalism in a developing country, with graft done on the backs of taxpayers. They have nothing to benefit from relating to PTP. Just a little complex over the bird they found & where & why they settled for bottom of the barrel.

Edited by gemini81