Pattaya Red Shirts force cancellation of anti-government concert in South Pattaya

webfact

Using words like 'fascism' and 'dictatorship' for an idiotic protest is idiotic.

Free speech in the written word is fundamental to Democracy, as is the fundamental freedom to label a post as idiotic.

People power in action. Congratulations to the pro democracy activists who stopped this performance from taking place. If anyone thinks these "musicians" are just harmless entertainers, here's an example of the kind of bands appearing on the Bangkok stages.

.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Notice the swastika? Pattaya doesn't need performers like these.

So you agree with censorship and freedom of choice then? Providing it's not the side you support negatively impacted of course.

Still you refer to red shirt fascist storm troopers as pro democracy activists. Wonder if they managed to find a monk to beat up after this.

Many of the speakers and performers on the Bangkok stages have expressed racist views towards the good people of rural Thailand. Some openly display Nazi symbols, as in the photo above. All are engaged in an enterprise to deny the votes of more than 20 million people in the recent election. I certainly agree with the censorship of people who promote treason. Pattaya has no place for them.

• Like 1

I try to remain neutral in all of this as, after all, I'm a foreigner, so I have no real say so anyway, but what I find amusing at times is the hypocrisy that is often displayed by so called "intelligent" and "educated" individuals.

Red Shirts (and I don't care for them) protest against what they see as an "anti government" entertainer performing, and go to the venue and get the owner to cancel it. While there may have been, and probably were, some "intimidation" tactics used, they didn't beat the owner and apparently no one was hurt.

But this is an outrageous act according to the "anti-red" faction.

Yet, this same anti-red faction, also known as the PDRC, see absolutely nothing wrong with closing down polling stations, and even physically attacking people who wish to exercise their democratic right to vote.

So, which is more grievous, stopping an entertainer from performing in a restaurant, or stopping voters from voting? I'll let you make your own decision.

you genuinely think an election held in a country where anyone who expresses a view opposing the party line faces police backed physical intimidation is going to be fair and free?

"Where everyone who expresses a view opposing the party line".

Just tells about all. I am not red nor am I coloured .

Maybe ( mostly) would be more appropriate or (a lot of) is acceptable.

People power in action. Congratulations to the pro democracy activists who stopped this performance from taking place. If anyone thinks these "musicians" are just harmless entertainers, here's an example of the kind of bands appearing on the Bangkok stages.

.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Notice the swastika? Pattaya doesn't need performers like these.

the swastika has been used as a symbol in Asia long before Hitler used it. it has a completely different meaning to them then it does to Europeans. maybe you need to accept that we arent in Europe