Prime example of idiocy caught on cam

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sturdy guy too to be able to get that beating and stand up right away.

Accidents happen sometime.

Sturdy between the ears is all..

ACCIDENT; meaning... an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally,

This was not an accident by definition..he was a tosser who confused his ambitions with his abilities.

He was way too hot into the corner after passing the other bike and how many warning signs advising of the tighter corner..3 or 4 at least..w00t.gif

His actions alone resulted in a what could easily have been a fatality..nothing unexpected or unintentional there

• Like 1

As he drifted more and more towards the centerline (from 00:10 - 00:12), I would venture that had he known more about countersteering, he could have brought the bike back into his lane earlier.

Having said that, he definitely went into the corner way too hot for his riding ability (I am not in any way saying that I have better riding ability). He also did not brake going into the corner but merely coasted through it (listening to his engine revs).

Whatever, a good thing he did not crash into the car. He would have been hard pressed to survive such an accident and the car occupants could also have been seriously injured.

• Like 1

sturdy guy too to be able to get that beating and stand up right away.

Accidents happen sometime.

Sturdy between the ears is all..

ACCIDENT; meaning... an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally,

This was not an accident by definition..he was a tosser who confused his ambitions with his abilities.

He was way too hot into the corner after passing the other bike and how many warning signs advising of the tighter corner..3 or 4 at least..w00t.gif

His actions alone resulted in a what could easily have been a fatality..nothing unexpected or unintentional there

I was writing my post at the same time as you.

Yes, I fully agree that he confused his ambitions with his abilities. There were 2/3 warning signs to be exact. In fact, even if not for the car, he might have gone over the cliff in any case as he did not seem to know how to bring the bike back under control.

But it was (for him) an accident. For him, it was both unexpected and unintentional :)

Thats on the Cat and Fiddle near Buxton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_and_Fiddle_Road

Lucky to survive and not doing the image of bikers any good at all.

Happy he didn't hit the car.

If the Rozzers got a hold of that footage he would be done for dangerous driving and banned.

Yeh..makes him even more of a tosser, that he released the footage..[one]... because possibly the rozzers could convict him on this evidence alone and [two]....for releasing it at all showing his stupidity and lack of ability for all to see...facepalm.gif

EDIT..thanks for the link soihok...great riding road and now all wrapped in cotton wool because of guys like him...

Edited by andreandre
  • Like 1

It's a pretty good advertisement for Alpinestars suits/boots and Shoei helmets.

This is a classic example of how you have to train yourself to often act in a counterintuitive manner on a bike (i.e. not slowing down when on the surface it seems like the best course of action)- he didn't get into the corner too hot at all (as far as his bike/speed were concerned- obviously his skills were another matter) but he panicked and rolled off the gas (and probably hit the brakes), which forced him to go too wide- had he stayed on the throttle, he would have made the turn without a problem.

• Like 1

What a fool this rider is. He definitely is riding way harder than his abilities can support. I hope he will learn from the lesson. School of hard knocks. Bike must have been toast after that frame bending session

• Like 1

What was he doing crossing the white line? hope the innocent car driver didn't have a coronary

Tosser seems a bit mild to me.

Unexperienced driver had, fear of more inclined position and than that can happen. wink.png

• Like 1

It's a pretty good advertisement for Alpinestars suits/boots and Shoei helmets.

This is a classic example of how you have to train yourself to often act in a counterintuitive manner on a bike (i.e. not slowing down when on the surface it seems like the best course of action)- he didn't get into the corner too hot at all (as far as his bike/speed were concerned- obviously his skills were another matter) but he panicked and rolled off the gas (and probably hit the brakes), which forced him to go too wide- had he stayed on the throttle, he would have made the turn without a problem.

Bizarre....its there for all too see..he went into the corner at a speed above his abilities AKA too hot..this wouldn't have happened otherwise...

^

What's 'bizarre'? Please re-read my post- I said his speed was not 'too hot' in-and-of itself, but rather his skills were another matter- the turn was easy to make at the speed he was riding had he known what he was doing.

Obviously it was a clear case of rider error.

'Too hot' for his abilities and 'too hot' to be easily made are two different things- I'm not denying he screwed up, but rather I'm making an observation of the cause of the accident beyond simply saying he was going too fast for his skills.

Yes it was obviously a case of rider error for sure. the cause of this incident was 100% that he was going too fast into the corner for his abilities [too hot] ..nothing else came into it.

'Too hot' for his abilities and 'too hot' to be easily made are two different things'

Ok i'm interested in this..care to enlighten me here on the two differences...

You edited again whilst i was posting ...

Edited by andreandre

^

I edited my previous post before reading your reply, but I'll humor you.

A decent rider could have taken that turn at a higher speed than the rider in the video and easily made it- the rider in the video rode at a speed beyond his limited abilities and crashed- his speed was 'too hot' for his skills, but not 'too hot' for even a marginally skilled rider, hence his speed was not 'too hot' for many riders, but, rather, 'too hot' for him.

It's about context- I could easily make turns at speeds 'too hot' for the rider in the video- Valentino Rossi could make turns in his sleep that would be 'too hot' for me at half his entry speed.;)

^

I edited my previous post before reading your reply, but I'll humor you.

A decent rider could have taken that turn at a higher speed than the rider in the video and easily made it- the rider in the video rode at a speed beyond his limited abilities and crashed- his speed was 'too hot' for his skills, but not 'too hot' for even a marginally skilled rider, hence his speed was not 'too hot' for many riders, but, rather, 'too hot' for him.

It's about context- I could easily make turns at speeds 'too hot' for the rider in the video- Valentino Rossi could make turns in his sleep that would be 'too hot' for me at half his entry speed.wink.png

Good on you..now you admit that what i said was correct...round and round you went,,but now at the end its settled.Well done!

As you said..;'It's about context-"... exactly right again. .in this case the story was about this particular chump so the " too hot for the corner " was only relevant in context of his actions/mistakes alone....not yours or mine or even Rossi...

^

'Admit what you said was correct?' What does that mean? Did I specifically quote your post and say you were wrong?

I was obviously speaking in specific terms in a way that a new rider who might read my post could actually learn something rather than making a general statement/observation about what was shown on the video as some others did (though I'm only forwarding what I learned from 'A Twist of the Wrist II', which is a book every rider should read- at a minimum, they should watch the video and then apply what they learned to their riding as much as possible).

I didn't go 'round and round'- I clarified my point as it escaped you the first time- what I first posted was correct- his speed wasn't 'too hot' to make the corner- his skills were another matter. He was 'too hot' for his ability, and I'm not arguing that point now, nor was I previously- I was making a point.

Edited by RubberSideDown