Buying a Mazda 3: Old or new model?

The Nissan Pulsar is worth looking at.Much faster than a Mazda 3,if Go is your thing.thumbsup.gif

Can't think of an uglier C segment car...except for the slightly more boring Nissan Syphilis.

Come on then

Show us your wheels

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Nissan Pulsar is worth looking at.Much faster than a Mazda 3,if Go is your thing.thumbsup.gif

Can't think of an uglier C segment car...except for the slightly more boring Nissan Syphilis.

Come on then

Show us your wheels

I know you're a huge Nissan fan, and they are very good cars. I just don't understand why they sell such butt ugly models in Thailand and Asia. Look at the Sentra, Altima and Maxima, not to mention the great lineup of Infiniti premium cars. Nissan has the design talent, but I guess their target market in Asia is different.

Luckily, the new Navara looks likes a winner. thumbsup.gif

Edited by keemapoot

Faster Really ?

I guess the turbo 1.6 would be as it has a decent horsepower advantage but to say it is faster really is a useless throw away comment as you are comparing to an naturally aspirated vehicle.

Come on then

Show us your wheels

I know you're a huge Nissan fan, and they are very good cars. I just don't understand why they sell such butt ugly models in Thailand and Asia. Look at the Sentra, Altima and Maxima, not to mention the great lineup of Infiniti premium cars. Nissan has the design talent, but I guess their target market in Asia is different.

Luckily, the new Navara looks likes a winner. thumbsup.gif

wrong: I like and dislike many cars of different brands

Nissan: Navara, Juke, Teanna Likes: March, Sylphy Dislikes

Ford: Ranger (wildtrak 3.2) Likes Ecosport, everest Dislikes

Mazda: 3, Bt50 Pro 2.2 and 3.2 Likes

Toyota : dislikes, yaris, fortuner

Mits: Pajero Like, Dislikes ; their cars

Honda: dislikes, CRV, Freed, Jazz Civic Ok

Chevy: capitva, cruze, colorado, dislike, Trailblazer like

Isuzu, like dmax dual cab pristige

Seems that James has tested more Rides than Clarkson..biggrin.png

Yeah driven a few of those but some such as the jukebox only going on looks

A bit like women I guess

O.K. its Slower, you lost me plus a few others no doubt.I thought Naturall Aspirated was Carbs.So lets get all the Good Bits off all the C Klass range and make a Perfect one.thumbsup.gif

Well carbs are naturally aspirated as well, until you start to force air through them via a turbo or supercharger.

But if you are going forced induction in this day and age it seems pointless to use a carb when injection is much more refined.

Faster Really ?

I guess the turbo 1.6 would be as it has a decent horsepower advantage but to say it is faster really is a useless throw away comment as you are comparing to an naturally aspirated vehicle.

I think the dig turbo would go 0-100 in 8's, the mazda is likely to be 9's or so. I'd still take the mazda.

Faster Really ?

I think the dig turbo would go 0-100 in 8's, the mazda is likely to be 9's or so. I'd still take the mazda.

The DIG turbo puts out 190hp and the base price is 1,070,000. It is only a limited edition with 350 cars being produced in the 3 color choices. Still think the Mazda 3 looks nicer.

The DIG turbo puts out 190hp and the base price is 1,070,000. It is only a limited edition with 350 cars being produced in the 3 color choices. Still think the Mazda 3 looks nicer.

And it only comes with the horrid CVT transmission..... Now if it was offered with a 6 speed manual that would be tempting.

Checked with Phuket Nissan dealer about Pulsar Turbo, but got the usual....don't know when it will be available or in show rooms, etc. The Mazda surely wins in style and probably handling. Could anybody let big bosses of Mazda know that Zoom Zoom philosophy would be more believable if they actually think about "drivers" and at least would offer the 3 with a manual gear....arrrgh

And it only comes with the horrid CVT transmission..... Now if it was offered with a 6 speed manual that would be tempting.

Haha, same thoughts, same time. Thailand is a pain for us "stick" lovers....

New kid on the block For Sale now in Thailand, both in hatch and saloon versions the MG 6..

appears also the same price range, other than driving something different cannot see why anyone would buy it at the same price, as the new Mazda 3 is a better car so far as I can see + reviews..

The BK Post published a review yesterday, and basically said it was crap compared to the class leading Focus and Mazda 3, and the SAME PRICE as these well established brands. Pretty big mistake considering the only people who remember this brand are sitting retired in Nakhon Nowhere, Thailand and drive Isuzu and Toyota trucks. tongue.png

yep went there and read what it says.... thought a bit odd the next model to be built here the MG 3..... would have thought would have be cheaper and better to build the Crossover ? as uses the same platform so less costs.. can't see people with small Toyota's and Honda's changing to a MG 3

The Koreans used a smart strategy to eventually win over customers, gradually improving quality, features, and increasing pricing incrementally, but today sell world beater cars at still slightly cheaper prices than the Japanese or Americans. MG is doomed to failure if they start out of the box selling premium price cars that are noticeably inferior to the competition, AND with no brand equity or service infrastructure, especially in Thailand, where as you state, sheeple only know Toyota and Honda.

Yep, they've gone gang busters since they lured top quality European Designers and Engineers on board and accepted the Euro influence.

The Horid Box becomes Sequential when put in Manual Mode and the Ozz Tester said it was good , but what does he know , its just his Job.biggrin.png Recommend you watch the Road Tests before talkingout yer arse.

Yeah the 3 has a sequential type manual mode as well and it too is horrid whether moving the stick or using the paddles so maybe you should pull your head of your ass before commenting on something you have zero personal experience with.

There is no substitute for a proper manual stick.

Edited by Spoonman

yep went there and read what it says.... thought a bit odd the next model to be built here the MG 3..... would have thought would have be cheaper and better to build the Crossover ? as uses the same platform so less costs.. can't see people with small Toyota's and Honda's changing to a MG 3

The Koreans used a smart strategy to eventually win over customers, gradually improving quality, features, and increasing pricing incrementally, but today sell world beater cars at still slightly cheaper prices than the Japanese or Americans. MG is doomed to failure if they start out of the box selling premium price cars that are noticeably inferior to the competition, AND with no brand equity or service infrastructure, especially in Thailand, where as you state, sheeple only know Toyota and Honda.

Yep, they've gone gang busters since they lured top quality European Designers and Engineers on board and accepted the Euro influence.

Ever notice how all the cars you see on the road in Thailand from Laos are usually Hyundais or Kias? (excluding the big land cruisers bought by the NGOs and rich Laos). Probably what would happen in Thailand if the import taxes were changed to be non-protectionist of locally made Japanese and American makes.

In 2013, passenger car sales rose by 20% year-on-year to 38,000 units, and 40% of which is controlled by the two South Korean carmakers. This is quite unusual, given that Japanese cars account for around 90% of auto markets in Southeast Asia.

http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Trends/South-Korean-carmakers-gaining-foothold-in-Laos-emerging-car-market

Ever notice how all the cars you see on the road in Thailand from Laos are usually Hyundais or Kias? (excluding the big land cruisers bought by the NGOs and rich Laos). Probably what would happen in Thailand if the import taxes were changed to be non-protectionist of locally made Japanese and American makes.

In 2013, passenger car sales rose by 20% year-on-year to 38,000 units, and 40% of which is controlled by the two South Korean carmakers. This is quite unusual, given that Japanese cars account for around 90% of auto markets in Southeast Asia.

http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Trends/South-Korean-carmakers-gaining-foothold-in-Laos-emerging-car-market

Not hard to see why they're going so well when you see the new Genesis. It's terrific.