change from workpermit to O-A

For sure an old topic, but I like to have the latest update.

My job will end soon and as I'm over 50 and have enough pension income to cover the requested amounts in Thailand, I would like to know which documents I have to submit.

I know, I do not have to leave the country, but at cancelling the work permit based visa I have to get a few days period to apply at Chang Wattana office.

Who can update me?

You will have to go the same day your job ends to immigration, but can get an extra 7 days to submit the paperwork for an extension of stay based on retirement for 1,900 baht. (Also cancel your WP first, if that one is still valid). Take a letter from your employer clearly stating the last day of employment with you.

You need to show an income of 65,000 a month. Income from within Thailand is shown with tax receipts, income from abroad with a letter from your embassy. A bankbook with some money in it might also be useful.

Do not go to CW-road, unless they will be open again by that time. There are two alternate locations you must use during the protests.

You will not be getting a OA visa (they are only done at embassies) you will be applying for an extension of stay based upon retirement.

I don think they will accept income for here in Thailand since the job is ending. It will have to income from outside Thailand proven by a letter from your embassy.

You can also show 800k baht in a Thai bank for 60 days or a combination of income and money in the bank totaling 800k baht,

Dear members,

I know most of the matters, but just was checking what documents I need to submit, apart from a letter showing the money part and my passport .

Do I need to show a medical certificate and no criminal record?

What else?

No medical certificate or police check is required for an extension of stay application at immigration.

Those are only needed for a OA visa you apply for in your home country at an embassy or official Thai consulate.