if a Thai girl who isn't a bar girl accepts money for sex....

ve741

In any western country to accept money for sex will be considered prostitution. But in Thailand this is quite different. In Thailand its generelly not accepted for a girl to have sex with someone she isnt married to, or to have a one night stand, a short term relationship or similar. On the other hand - if the sex is payed for its much more likely accepted than if not. Thats the moral and etichs in Thailand.....

Yes, most Thais would be scandalized by a girl going out and having casual sex for the fun of it, giving it away just because she liked the guys and happened to feel horny.

But if she's making a lot of money at it, or even only a little but "needs" it for whatever reason (don't we all), then many of that group would let her off the hook, it's completely understandable.

And for those explicitly in the sex industry, acclimated to its mores, there's almost nothing more shameful than a girl who gives it away or marries a poor guy for love, she's considered a right blooming idiot.

Personally I can see these ideas as OK, just a different set of standards is all. . .

Thats my point exactly - different set of standards. And I am definetively not judging others - as thais - for this....just accept that this is how it is in Thailand.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's relevant because a B.A. would be gained from a university.

Your story doesn't add up.

Nice try.

Your non-specific question may have brought confusion--it may have been his buddy to whom you were referring when you asked about the BA. It appears the OP has just encountered a very common story in the internet dating circles--I am a good girl, college grade, good job, looking for true love; however, if you offer money, my virtue is negotiable.

College educated, has a bachelors degree...

Did your friend gain a B.A. from college?

they are all university colleges

So you would have no problem pursuing a relationship with a Thai girl who was willing to accept money for sex?

It doesn't seem to bother a majority of expats residing here.

(rationalizations forthcoming)

In any western country to accept money for sex will be considered prostitution. But in Thailand this is quite different. In Thailand its generelly not accepted for a girl to have sex with someone she isnt married to, or to have a one night stand, a short term relationship or similar. On the other hand - if the sex is payed for its much more likely accepted than if not. Thats the moral and etichs in Thailand.....

If I read you correctly, then most of the girls we interact with, are indeed prostitutes,

its just that some also have day jobs.

I have no idea to whom you interact with - but if youre paying money to a woman for having sex with you - you can make the maths yourself... ;-)

And if a girl have a daytime job I guess the need taking pay for sex more or less disappears...

A weird way to test somebody. Do you truly love me?, my Internet date love?

Are you for real? April's fools day is over......

I remember a documentary about 25 years ago, where a newspaper was looking for a contract killer through an advertisement at their newspaper.

Of course, they couldn't write:: 'We're looking for a killer", so the formulation was different, but the meaning was clear.

Then they had about ten people who showed up, willing to kill a person. They showed them a man on a photograph and there was only one guy who wanted to have more than $ 100K.

The others wanted a sum between 20 and 80 K....

That was in Berlin, so please make your own math what people are willing to do for money.

But you had the great idea to use a technique that would change most peoples' minds.

A Thai girl deep in debt, but making almost nothing. And on a dating website WITH YOU. Haaarrrr

Sent your friend and offered a lot of money.You must be out of your mind. Does your "buddy"sleep in the same bed with you?.facepalm.gif

Edited by sirchai

College educated, has a bachelors degree...

Did your friend gain a B.A. from college?

they are all university colleges

Yes, ALL the tertiary institutions in Thailand started "upgrading" to university status years ago, even the vocational tech/trade schools have now jumped on the bandwagon.

In the states probably a lot more four-year colleges that are not (yet) universities award the B.A., and as many have pointed out, everyone says "going to college" there, "going to uni" is a British/commonwealth expression.

You are being completely ridiculous. A western girl would feel ashamed to accept cash for sex. But, she would be perfectly comfortable accepting three dinners, and one gift for sex. So, how is that any different? The Thai girl is being more honest, and displaying more integrity, is she not? She is telling you up front exactly what it is going to take. With the western girl it may be four dinners, and two gifts. It is going to depend upon her mood. Will she offer you sex if you are poor, and cannot afford the dinners? Very unlikely. So, what would you call the little exchange that is taking place? I call it pay for play. Of course, they would never admit that. But, I am calling it like I see it. There is nothing ethically or morally wrong with paying for sex. It is inherently honest. It is our religious upbringing that prevents us from seeing this.

Are you saying western girls would accept to have sex with an unknown man from an internet site if he offer to buy her 4 dinners. Yes sure ;)

• Like 1

I would dump her in a heart beat. Its that simple She does not have good character .

Accepting money for sex is prostitution according to the Websters dictionary. And that is the dictionary that is used in a court of law

This is a no brainer

"the dictionary now used in a court of law"

how delightfully naive you are.

a no brainer indeed

Based on how u wrote ur buddy chatted her up and offered her money why would se he not accept it if it was offered freely. So.....wrong way young man....but he must have been impatient whilst chatting with her. Try 1 more time, make another profile and let her write down if she wants money in exchange for companionship. Then u know if she is on the game or not. Patience again....

Good Luck to the Lady get as many mates as you can to try and catch her,there is only one fool and that is the OP cheesy.gifwhistling.gifcheesy.gifwhistling.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

Edited by binnsy1

If I was offered a large sum of cash for a shag with a cute, but possibly older girl...I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I mean....$5k say for 30 seconds work...crikey.

A lot of people including me do it for free. Only some handmade Somtham does the trick, when I watch them with their mortars...

• Like 1

Are you all trying to say Thai women accept payment in exchange for sexual intercourse? I'm shocked and horrified. I am going to pack my bags and relocate to the Philippines where I know women don't do that sort of thing.

Sent from my very clever thingy that uses battery far too quickly

• Like 2

"if a Thai girl who isn't a bar girl accepts money for sex...."

Then she's a prostitute.

All the silly use of semantics in this thread is proof that if you stay Thailand long enough, it can make you stupid.

Edited by chickin
  • Like 1

I like living in Thailand.

There are many things here I am vocally against. And I still like it.

But one thing I really hate is farangs bashing Thais for what is not Thai specific.

Any female in any country gets sex for money.

Some take cash. We call them prostitutes. They are the more honest ones. They get their agreed fee and never bother you again.

Others take a ring, a signed contract, a house, and life maintenance. We call them housewifes. They are less honest taking everything, before and after divorce.

The third category ( vast majority in the West) are after the best of both. First screw around than get married and screw around again. We call them many different names.

I really have seen all of the above.

Now tell me what being a young girl with or without Uni degree, with or without car, screwing one farang found on Internet and screwing another one who 'chat her up' in person and paid cash

has to do with being THAI?

You took the words right out of my mouth !

A precise analysis of the reality!

There is no use in trying to check up on girls before you meet them!

Just meet them and take it from there!

Just because they accept money means SFA.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Based on how u wrote ur buddy chatted her up and offered her money why would se he not accept it if it was offered freely. So.....wrong way young man....but he must have been impatient whilst chatting with her. Try 1 more time, make another profile and let her write down if she wants money in exchange for companionship. Then u know if she is on the game or not. Patience again....

The fact that she has a degree doesn't mean a thing here. Everyone and their dog has a degree , but know sod all. I've seen countless interns coming to schools with a "degree" in English, they cannot speak more than a few words. Loads of women here, both young and old will jump into the sack for a few thousand Baht. I used to see men coming into the university grounds chatting up the girls, some do , some don't. As we say here "up to them" !!! With regards to colleges/universities..........there are so many, some good , some bad. It's all about family name a nd money. If you went to Chulalongkorn you wouldn't find many girls that would take cash, as their parents are rich. however if it were a Rajabhat, or vocational college, you probably would as most are from the farm. This is NOT saying all the girls would, a lot of the poorer people have higher moral standards. But.it does happen.

If I read you correctly, then most of the girls we interact with, are indeed prostitutes,

its just that some also have day jobs.

I have no idea to whom you interact with - but if youre paying money to a woman for having sex with you - you can make the maths yourself... ;-)

And if a girl have a daytime job I guess the need taking pay for sex more or less disappears...

The need for money for sex does not dissapear because they have a day job.

the day job is for appearances and family, the hope for advancement and a better future

the night job, is for her, while she is waiting for the above to materialize

as a former NYC and Miami taxi driver, I can assure you of the many women I knew, who I saw at night, and we were both surprised to see each other, but kept their discretion, as usually they were friends, or we were friendly, and more importantly, why lose a paying customer, I didnt care what they were doing

Edited by Scarpolo

To be honest all my ex wives accepted money from me and i had sex with them ,smile.png

What's the difference between an ex-wife and a prostitute? The prostitute takes your money before she screws you.

and, there is no arguing, fighting, dealing with step kids, mother in laws,

I wish I believed all this before my 2nd marriage,

although the sex was great, the aftermath is still costing me

This must be a wind up.

`Pretty young thing'? Seriously?? `Test her' out on a mate?

Only a weirdo wld do something like this then post about it on a public forum and ask for opinions about the sting target's character.

Eeew....Sleaze bag.

but the salespeople at TV that need ads sold every month, surely love the OP right about now

Good one.... It looks like a large majority of normal Thai girls are used to the money for sex exchange from the college days. A friend of mine owned a building from which he rented rooms to female college students. 70% of the rents were paid by older men who were not their parents. In a way, in the extremely consuming society where we live, this does not surprise me. It becomes socially accepted, to the point where love, sex and money all mix. My guess would be that this girl has done it before and will continue doing it until she is on a long-term lease (kind of like the car). Definitely do not expect that you are going to have your "normal" relationship for free. You will pay for everything. Consider the p4p proposition. It may be cheaper. After all, the only free sex is the one you pay for. How much did your friend offer her, just out of curiosity?

I know the building well. In CM next to the ....... What always amazed me was the girls were not on the prowl for anyone else. They seemed happy more like a sorority of women who liked women.