"Big Bikes" allowed to go on toll ways - trial phase. (rumor?)

indothai

Imo they should open it only for bikes up to 250cc. These are the bikes the working people use. They could get to work or deliver pizza, gas and other things much faster when using the tollways. These are the people who would really profit from such change. Owners of big bikes who like to get out of Bangkok at the weekend have enough time to waste and are proud to show their bikes standing in traffic and making wheelies at the lights. In fact it doesn't even matter if they are able to get out of Bangkok, they can ride their bike around the block to show it...

tongue.png

Yes yes. We know you don't/can't ride and hate big bikes. Why on earth you continue to post your inane 'a big bike is just for show' crap on here is anyone's guess.

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

Why so serious? I took his post as a good joke, nothing more nothing less.

Sent from a Nuclear Submarine.

It's an ongoing thing shurup. Don't worry about it!

• Like 2

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I'd rather see a no bikes under 600cc rule, no drivers under 30 and/or with a penis that is smaller than their wallet.

Hmmmmm. My bike is under 600cc but Iam older than 30 and I have a 1 inch wallet. can I still play, pretty please.

Now that the no.7 highway coming back from the eastern seaboard (ahem!) is now toll-boothed, you have to take a left to Chonburi. Got caught out there once just after they were installed and had to zip past the barrier. Well inconvenient!

It's the 140 to 170kph range is important when little small penis arrives behind you at 150kph and isn't slowing or moving for you. biggrin.png

170 kph is a bit much for me on Thai roads.

I'd rather just swing into the slow lane and let l.s.p. go around.

I'm in no huge hurry, and prefer die later rather than sooner.

Why would they change the rules to allow a few big bikes on the highway? It would only do the relatively few big bikes a favor. I don't see it happening. Endless discussions at the gate about the size of the engine.

I wish I could ride my bike on the tollway but nothing is really broken in the rules therefor i don't expect a change.

Maybe one day when there are many more big bikes on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Nickymaster

End of next year early 2016 Highway 7 Toll way will be extended all the way to kratinglai junction in pattaya , construction of the side frontage roads is underway now , toll booths will be at Pinthong/laem chanbang JCt, and Chnburi Jct bikes will have to find alternative routes or us frontage road .

i am OK to forget tollways if they allow bikes to go through underpasses and overpasses and forget the left lane rule!

Two days in a row, caught right after underpasses, result 100 baht each!!! They take these serious nowadays i guess as both happened during morning rush hour traffic and for 7 years riding here, they never ever stopped me even once before 09:00!

i am OK to forget tollways if they allow bikes to go through underpasses and overpasses and forget the left lane rule!

Two days in a row, caught right after underpasses, result 100 baht each!!! They take these serious nowadays i guess as both happened during morning rush hour traffic and for 7 years riding here, they never ever stopped me even once before 09:00!

i know how you feel ...:(

i got done for that yesterday afternnoon in huai kwang ar 15.23 (forgot its the school holidays so they can be anywhere they normally dont be

,they wanted 500 from everyone (even a young thai student in front of me on a fino had to pay 500 )

i told them in thai thats too much and he said no ,and produced some documentation that said illegal underpass fine 1000 thb

and said he was leting me off light with 500

i only had 380 in wallet and 20 in loose coins so they accepted the 400 but i got an official ticket receipt

lucky they didnt search me because i had 30k in another pocket lol

• Like 2

i know how you feel ...sad.png

i got done for that yesterday afternnoon in huai kwang ar 15.23 (forgot its the school holidays so they can be anywhere they normally dont be

,they wanted 500 from everyone (even a young thai student in front of me on a fino had to pay 500 )

i told them in thai thats too much and he said no ,and produced some documentation that said illegal underpass fine 1000 thb

i only had 380 in wallet and 20 in loose coins so they accepted the 400 but i got an official ticket receipt

Yes and why.. i mean bikes never hold up traffic .. its cars that do that. Its just an other money maker just like the left rule.

• Like 1

400 is normal rule but at the police station they charge 200 thb if you negotiate.

i do the usual; put my dumb statue mask, tell them that i no speak Thai and no speak Engrish. Never show my license. After waiting for some time, they mostly let me go and sometime pass with a 100 thb bill which is easier really.

400 is normal rule but at the police station they charge 200 thb if you negotiate.

i do the usual; put my dumb statue mask, tell them that i no speak Thai and no speak Engrish. Never show my license. After waiting for some time, they mostly let me go and sometime pass with a 100 thb bill which is easier really.

what country are you from ? :)

do they always allow you to go without seeing any id ?

its a nice trick ,it works for me sometimes because i can speak a bit of polish

although a few years ago i called their bluff one day and told them i had no licence

or the money on me i couldnt give them i was going to pay my daughters school to see what would happen .....:D

they in turn called my bluff and radioed for a pick up to confiscate my bike so i could pick it up at the station without even telling me

which station ..... :D

but yeah ,usualy 100 -200 is fine but yesterday was abnormal

the greedy vultures were stopping everyone and there is a new sign up in huai kwang

that using that underpass will cost 1000k (i saw it last time when i was in reporting a lost walllet)

they had more men than usual as well so it was impossible to slip past like you can sometimes when theyre preoccupied robbing someone else :)

"tell them that I speak no Thai or no English"

haha, think about that sentence for a second.

It's like seeing a painting of Adam and Eve and they have belly buttons. :D

Edited by Som wat

"tell them that I speak no Thai or no English"

haha, think about that sentence for a second.

It's like seeing a painting of Adam and Eve and they have belly buttons. biggrin.png

they dont?cheesy.gif

There's a very easy answer to being fined by the BIB.

Don't stop!!

Some here seem to give too much respect to the BIB, who are in effect, a uniformed mafia. Unless the traffic is very heavy and you're blocked in by cars, it's not too difficult to ride past them. They won't chase you on those gay Boxers but they may radio ahead. That's happened to me only once in the past 7 years at the Rama II/ Suksawat junction and it was easy to navigate.

Occasionally though they may flood the road with uniforms and it's simply impossible to get through. In this case, slow down, signal as if you're stopping, then when they relax, zoom off.

If it comes back on me, I'll take my licks but I have absolutely zero respect for this bunch of crooks.

of course can do that but prefer not to especially where you runaway is 2 km to your home and if you see those police guys everyday!

And also if you are riding a sport bike with an 'arrest me red' color and red dragon shoei helmet, you get recognized fast. I met some guys at the track days and they know me in Bangkok from my Shoei helmet and tell where they see me riding!

highway rider, i believe no need to risk yourself for a couple of hundred bahts, you can be shot, mistaken with a yaba dealer or many other unexpected things especially now lots of protest going on and lots of grenades thrown so i guess running is not a good advice nowadays in Bangkok.

On top of that, if you run from the wrong police guys such as a police colonel or a connected police guy, you might get screwed as they follow you besides everywhere is full of CCTV cameras i those camreas makes it easy for them on following you if they want. On top of that, they can get your license plate number and guess what next?

But yes, i was running from the police back home that is another story but i dont dare again even back home as everywhere terrorism alert etc and they can shoot you easily!

You might tell me paranoid but i just see it as being ultra precautious. No need for such a risk.

Edited by ll2
  • Like 1

I hear what you're saying.

When I first stated riding big bikes in LOS, I stopped every time. 200 Bt here, 200 Bt there. Riding in the right lane, loud pipes, speeding, tinted visor or whatever they thought of.

It got so bad that on the occasions that I had to take the bike into the dealer at Thonglor, I would often pass 4 or 5 checkpoints and they got to be rather expensive trips.

When I bought a more powerful bike, I decided to stop stopping for the police. And as I now ride with guys who are like-minded and in actuality more hard-core than I, I just go with the flow now.

All protest-orientated checkpoints (and provincial ones) I've encountered lately just wave big bikes through.

As for the CCTV cameras (do they actually work?) taking a pic of my license plate.

Well, kind of difficult to take a pic of something that's not there. smile.png 55!

When the dealer will eventually deliver it is anyone's guess.

Edited by H1w4yR1da
  • Like 1

When I first stated riding big bikes in LOS, I stopped every time. 200 Bt here, 200 Bt there. Riding in the right lane, loud pipes, speeding, tinted visor or whatever they thought of.

It got so bad that on the occasions that I had to take the bike into the dealer at Thonglor, I would often pass 4 or 5 checkpoints and they got to be rather expensive trips.

When I bought a more powerful bike, I decided to stop stopping for the police. And as I now ride with guys who are like-minded and in actuality more hard-core than I, I just go with the flow now.

All protest-orientated checkpoints (and provincial ones) I've encountered lately just wave big bikes through.

As for the CCTV cameras (do they actually work?) taking a pic of my license plate.

Well, kind of difficult to take a pic of something that's not there. smile.png 55!

i dont have plate on my bandit 1250 either and only ever stop if they have enough men

to block the entire road

once they tried to catch me unsucessfully 4 times in a row on the way from pathum thani into bkk on viphawadi rangsit on a sunday afternoon

the 3rd checkpoint threw a traffic cone at me and the 4th tried to run out and pull me off the bike but he wasnt quick enough to dodge between moving cars and and when he went to grab me i just took off

i dont have plate on my bandit 1250 either and only ever stop if they have enough men

to block the entire road

once they tried to catch me unsucessfully 4 times in a row on the way from pathum thani into bkk on viphawadi rangsit on a sunday afternoon

the 3rd checkpoint threw a traffic cone at me and the 4th tried to run out and pull me off the bike but he wasnt quick enough to dodge between moving cars and and when he went to grab me i just took off

until where?

you runaway one time or two but one day, they will see you coming - as a 1250 cc Bandit is not a common bike around - and pull you off the bike or squeeze you to let you make an accident. You will get injured maybe seriously and bike gets screwed and legally they will claim you runaway from the checkpoint and nothing will happen to them. Also next time, they might follow you with a police car and crash to your bike - which they do. What will happen? They will walk away and you will be hospitalized and legally wrong.

Really, i am riding here in Bangkok for 7 years. Stopped by the police rarely for the kms i make around and mostly pay 100 thb only on most of them so i dont have a reason or a problem with the police to runaway from them.

I dont want to take any risk in my life that might result on not riding bikes in Thailand or elsewhere for a couple of hundred baht. Most importantly, if i run and if they catch me somehow, of course i will be protected but i need to call big guys to help me out and as a managing director it is not easy to explain this type of trouble i made and ask help for it - refer to term losing face, i am sure it is plain irresponsible in their eyes to runaway from police at age 36 and at my position!

I dont have a plate now too and i never push Honda bigwing to be fast on thatbiggrin.png last time received it after 6 months which i had a chance to get it in a month or two if i pushed the guys at bigwinglaugh.png which is another thing.

• Like 1

I also in general am too scared / paranoid to run from them. Though I have run from them more then a few times when traffic is light. I do feel that if they really want you they can do what II2 describes there are videos out there of police kicking bikes making them fall. I prefer that not to happen for the 200 bt I have to pay.

Of course others can do as they want and i prefer not to pay but just would hate getting into trouble about pocket change.

I also in general am too scared / paranoid to run from them. Though I have run from them more then a few times when traffic is light. I do feel that if they really want you they can do what II2 describes there are videos out there of police kicking bikes making them fall. I prefer that not to happen for the 200 bt I have to pay.

Of course others can do as they want and i prefer not to pay but just would hate getting into trouble about pocket change.

I have once seen a TV news report where they filmed a copper standing behind a truck with a long bamboo pole to stop those bike racers.

He was quite successful in stopping them biggrin.png

• Like 2

I have once seen a TV news report where they filmed a copper standing behind a truck with a long bamboo pole to stop those bike racers.

He was quite successful in stopping them biggrin.png

they were using the same tactic in India:)

i was always running from the police there but not in Thailand.

to block the entire road

until where?

you runaway one time or two but one day, they will see you coming - as a 1250 cc Bandit is not a common bike around - and pull you off the bike or squeeze you to let you make an accident. You will get injured maybe seriously and bike gets screwed and legally they will claim you runaway from the checkpoint and nothing will happen to them. Also next time, they might follow you with a police car and crash to your bike - which they do. What will happen? They will walk away and you will be hospitalized and legally wrong.

Really, i am riding here in Bangkok for 7 years. Stopped by the police rarely for the kms i make around and mostly pay 100 thb only on most of them so i dont have a reason or a problem with the police to runaway from them.

I dont want to take any risk in my life that might result on not riding bikes in Thailand or elsewhere for a couple of hundred baht. Most importantly, if i run and if they catch me somehow, of course i will be protected but i need to call big guys to help me out and as a managing director it is not easy to explain this type of trouble i made and ask help for it - refer to term losing face, i am sure it is plain irresponsible in their eyes to runaway from police at age 36 and at my position!

I dont have a plate now too and i never push Honda bigwing to be fast on thatbiggrin.png last time received it after 6 months which i had a chance to get it in a month or two if i pushed the guys at bigwinglaugh.png which is another thing.

i dont do it to that extreme anymore ,that particular day i was late to meet a girl

coming back from another girls house .........but thats a long story lol

il still slip past if i can do it safely though ,and pretend i just didnt see them etc

not advsing anyone to do the same but somedays the greedy pigs are everywhere and

if you pulled over every time it would start to get expensive .....(getting worse recently ive noticed )

i dont do it to that extreme anymore ,that particular day i was late to meet a girl

coming back from another girls house .........but thats a long story lol

il still slip past if i can do it safely though ,and pretend i just didnt see them etc

not advsing anyone to do the same but somedays the greedy pigs are everywhere and

if you pulled over every time it would start to get expensive .....(getting worse recently ive noticed )

Yes it is probably because the protest are getting less so less manpower is needed. Plus they need extra cash for songkran.

• Like 1

Lots of talk about the corrupt, anti-democratic practice of lobbying.

Anyhoo, if there is any law they should look at changing with regard to the tollways, it should be to prevent 'eco cars' from using the tollway. Bluddy things do nothing but get in the way and are usually driven by some peanut brained idiot with a phone permanently attatched to her ear.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk

• Like 1