Major power outages in Koh Samui lately

For the past few weeks, Samui has been suffering from periodic, roving power outages. They seem to happen in different areas, but Chaweng and Lamai both have been affected. I counted about 7 outages in the past 3 weeks. And some last for up to 7 hours! Why does Samui always feel like it is moving backwards in time? Why so little improvement? Why such indifference? I suspect, and many others do too, that the central govt. has been unwilling to offer any support with Samui's terribly fragile, and outdated infrastructure, due to the mafia insect gangs. It is only a theory, but frankly the only one that makes sense for this multi billion dollar tourist island. The power company seems woefully unprepared for these blackouts. It is happening during low season, when consumption should be down. And this is happening after they laid the new cable. They made such a point to sell us on the fact that there would be few outages once the new cable was in. Rubbish. Are children running the power company? Do they just refuse to pay a fair wage, and are not able to hire any real talent? What on earth is going on, on this God forsaken island?

Aaaaah life in paradise.

If its not the airline,the roads,the,accidents,the que in 7.11.

Now the electricity.

Next will be the present government.

Or where can I find nappies for my old age incontinance.

Has it been that bad....? Funny not much mentioned about it, in months, that I remember .... around here at least, seems better than it was for sure....?

Maenam was out for about half an hour on Saturday evening... not a huge big deal....

Aaaaah life in paradise.

If its not the airline,the roads,the,accidents,the que in 7.11.

Now the electricity.

Next will be the present government.

Or where can I find nappies for my old age incontinance.

I gather things didn't work out for you on Samui.

• Like 2

I guess it depends a lot on where you live. I feel quite the opposite. Just the other day I was bragging to ppl at home how we (here in Phu Chaweg) have had only 1 power cut (for 20 minutes) this year. The last power cut before that doesn't count as it was the "scheduled maintenance" on February 11 that was announced. (about 7 hrs) smile.png

• Like 1