Lad Proa for 60 extension

Going to lad proa tomorrow for a 60 day extension

Has anyone been there for an extension since CW was made unavailable?

Is it busy?

What time does it get busy?

Are they as well organized as CW?

What is best time to arrive

What us traffic like on Lad Prao?

Is it best to approach building from Ratchada or from Bangkapi?

Thanks in advance for your thought and or suggestions

Is it busy? - I was there a couple of weeks ago, and yes it was very busy, you have to pass all the Burmese, Cambodian and Laos workers to get to the section for other foreigners.

What time does it get busy? - In my experience, based on two visits, from the time it opens.

Are they as well organized as CW? - In my opinion no, the staff are simply overwhelmed, but to be fair they're doing a good job.

What is best time to arrive - I arrived shortly before the building opens at 09.00, plenty of people waiting outside, I went round the back of the building and entered through the car park with the shop and office workers. The plus side was I was second in the queue, the downside was that I was stood in line for 90 minutes in a non air con room.

What us traffic like on Lad Prao? - Busy first thing, not too bad when I left.

Is it best to approach building from Ratchada or from Bangkapi? - I arrived on my first visit from MRT Ladprao and then caught a taxi, I left via Bangkapi, catching a taxi to the Mall Bangkapi and then continuing my journey on a canal boat.

Thanks in advance for your thought and or suggestions - reports indicate that the other location is less busy.

Mornings are very crowded but it usually gets better after 1PM. Once you enter the Immigration office look for the desk with a sign above it that states Extensions. They will check your documents and give you a cue number. You then go into the main office and wait at the appropriate window until your number shows up on the cue board. No really difficult, but not like CW.

• 1 year later...

This topic was done when Chaeng Wattana immigration was closed. They reopened in June of 2014..

You can only use Chaeng Wattana immigration now. Map and info for getting there. http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/location1.html

Please post here if you have questions. 30 day visa exempt extension question

Topic now mfr_closed1.gif