Is this the best Immigration office in Thailand?

I'd also nominate Mukdahan immigration,90 day check 10 minutes

hardly ever any boby in there,staff very helpful and polite and always remembers your name

five stars

Well it appears that there are a few good offices around.I have been going to Udon Thani for the last 7 yrs and have always found them to be happy and helpful. I have no problems at all with them and enjoy going there--------Dougalwai2.gif

Ditto

• Like 2

Considering the incredibly large volume of people they must deal with on a daily basis,

I think Pattaya/Jomtien Immigration should included on a list as one of the most efficient immigration offices.

The personnel are invariabley efficient and polite, even with having to deal with the farang louts

which make up portion of Pattaya's population.

I've completed 90-day checks, often in 5-minutes and OA/retirement visas are completed and

your passport is ready the same day.

Edited by LukDod
  • Like 2

I was in Phuket immigration last Wednesday, place was packed. I needed a re-entry permit so filled out the form, got queue number, looked up at the board a minute later and my number was already up. Fee paid, passport stamped, out of there in about 5 minutes.

I have always had good and quick service at the Hua Hin office but it suffers from lack of space. The office has moved three times since 2005 when it was in the main police station each time into cramped temporary accommodation which struggles to deal with the growing volume of foreigners. But then, it is the Singhorn Immigration Office and was set up as a sub-office saving applicants a 200 km round trip from Hua Hin to the Thai/Burma border so I don't complain .

I agree that knowing in advance what paperwork is needed and the evidence and having it on-hand is key to a quick transaction.

That's good, I'd also nominate Trat immigration, who I have to deal with a lot through work. Always found them to be excellent , polite and helpful. A nice change from my days of living and working in Bangkok.

Yes, did retirement one year renewal,in minutes, only 5 people in lobby, and go to Koh Chang after by ferry.

Pattaya day before wouldn't give me visa said to go get it in Chiang Mai, said,it's not part of Thailand and can I prove I have been in Pattaya 3 months, very rude, even had my Thai wife with me.

You guys are all spending to much time. You must be homesteading. Kap Chong Immigration 5 minuets max.thumbsup.gif

Lol. Udon Thani the last 3 reports for me around 2-3 mins if you have your ducks in a row (a bit longer after holidays), so it looks like immigration across the country are getting their act very sharp.

• Like 1

My vote for the worst office is Phuket.

My votes goes to Chiang Mai.

Chiang Mai is great (never more than 15 min) as long as you go in the afternoon. Arrive at 2:00, driving away by 2:15 every time

Isn't Chiang Mai the one that refuses to issue proof of residence letters? Or is it an appointment system or something?

I agree that some may be rated highly by the majority who have their ducks in a row and whose 90-day or annual business is pretty much a formality.

I agree I had no problems the couple of years I dealt with Udon office. However, I reckon for performance under sheer pressure of numbers, and with the above noted caveat, Jomtien does a pretty good job.

What about money ? Passeport report : 500 bahts; life certificate : 500 bahts ( last year : 300 bahts ) , both in Hua hin: Hua hin, fast, yes but I think corrupted. I don't like this immigration office.

Hua Hin takes some beating. Recently I went there to get stuff transferred to my new passport. The immigration officer who served me, immaculately uniformed and with lots of medal ribbons and gold braid, was polite and helpful.

He looked through all my documents, said it would be a while before my passport would be ready to collect and motioned me to one of the few empty seats in the crowded office. With some trepidation, I asked whether I would have time to pop for quick coffee at the cafe next door. "Okay, no problem," he said.

Imagine my surprise when, some 20 minutes later, the same officer walks into the cafe, obviously looking for me. This could be trouble, I'm thinking. I've kept him waiting.

The officer reads my worried expression and smiles reassuringly. He hands me my completed passport and says: "Have a safe journey home."

Truly, an officer and a gentleman!

Phuket today 10.30am , 90 day report, slightly different to last time , no form to fill out now. Help desk African lady gave me number, waited 2 minutes, presented passport at one desk 2 minutes later was ready at next desk. Couldnt get much easier than that.

The temporary office at Lad Prao is like a third world hospital. It's over croweded, terribly organised and the staff are slack. One member answered her phone while checking my application and spent 5 minutes telling the person how much she missed them.

Then, when I finally get to waiting in the collection queue, they start gathering for selfies in the office and leave us waiting as long as possible.

Credit to the work experience girls though, who are more helpful and better organised than their seniors...and speak English.

I agree with Nong38 as I go to Nakhon Sawan also. Before that opened several years ago I used to go to Mae Sot which was also a good office.

I will be down in Nakhon Sawan at the end of the month for a 90 day report and a change of passport details.

In general when you got all your stuff in order, most offices will be fine, if you don't most will not.

And friendliness is a nice extra but as these office clerks are doing just a routine job day after day one shouldn't expect them to sit around all day with a huge smile and spouting jokes.