Oscar Pistorius: I didn't hear Reeva scream

Lite Beer

Oscar Pistorius: I didn't hear Reeva scream

Oscar Pistorius has told his murder trial that girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp did not scream or shout as he grabbed a gun and fired shots that killed her.

Prosecutor Gerrie Nel said it was "improbable" that she would stand in the bathroom saying nothing while Mr Pistorius was just 3m (10ft) away shouting at her to call the police.

Mr Pistorius said he could not explain why she had not shouted out.

The athlete, 27, denies murder saying the killing was a terrible accident.

He admits killing Ms Steenkamp but says he fired his gun after mistaking her for an intruder.

He believed she had been in bed when he grabbed his gun, made his way to the bathroom and fired shots through the door.

The prosecution says he deliberately killed her after an argument.

Read More: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-26984472

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-04-12

No-one will ever know what happened during that event except Oscar Pistorius, and so Gerrie Nel has to keep trying to break him by constant badgering about things like electrical plugs, cords and fans.

As another lawyer noted: “He likes to rattle witnesses – to emotionally rattle them to see if he can get them to give him contradicting versions. That is his style.

From listening to the exchanges (BBC has been running it live), I reckon Pistorius has been holding up about as well as anybody could under the frequent abuse and condescension from Nel. I guess this is what lawyers do to earn a crust.

There's no jury, just a judge. It's all up to her, and in the absence of any convincing forensic evidence, the performance of the prosecution and defence lawyers is perhaps the deciding factor.

Pistorius may be guilty as hell, or pure as driven snow. Either way, he's *deleted*.

Edited by Scott
  • Like 1

How many shots did he actually fire? I saw the diagrams of the room and it appears that she was sitting on the toilet when he killed her, so if he was shooting at an intruder, as he claims, surely the intruder wouldn't be taking a shit?? He knew the layout of the toilet, so he was obviously aiming through the door at someone on the toilet.

He is a terrible liar. Hand him a shovel because he's digging his own grave. He's as guilty as OJ and an arrogant narcissistic priccck. Also a major chip on his shoulder because of his stumps.

Combat mode training proves his b.s. cover-up.

And the trial continues live on TV...

Truly pathetic cross-examination by the "pit-bull" idiot.

Watching it on BBC you can't see the defendant only hear him and the prosecution lawyer is a total buffoon.

Seems to me that the facts don't support Oscar but the prosecutor will get him off by alienating the judge.

And why does Oscar answer all the questions with "my lady" Is he trying to piss off the prosecuting attorney?

Or his do South Africans not know the difference?

Watching it on BBC you can't see the defendant only hear him and the prosecution lawyer is a total buffoon.

Seems to me that the facts don't support Oscar but the prosecutor will get him off by alienating the judge.

And why does Oscar answer all the questions with "my lady" Is he trying to piss off the prosecuting attorney?

Written by someone who obviously has and in-depth knowledge of court protocolgiggle.gif

• Like 1

Written by someone who obviously has and in-depth knowledge of court protocolgiggle.gif

Well that is why I asked. The male guy masquerading as a lawyer asks the defendant a question and the defendant answers the male lawyer with my lady. I guess he must be addressing the judge but that seems odd as she did not ask the question.

Listening to the whole thing today, the lady judge likes Oscar and not the lawyer. So don't get your hopes up that there is a conviction in the offing.

I am guessing that even though the lawyer is asking the question, the answer is directed and the judge, who is a lady. I don't know for sure, perhaps someone from S.A. can answer.

I am guessing that even though the lawyer is asking the question, the answer is directed and the judge, who is a lady. I don't know for sure, perhaps someone from S.A. can answer.

Even though the prosecutor is asking the questions, the answers must be directed to the court, and the representative of the court is a lady judge, therefore M,lady is the correct response

Well that is why I asked. The male guy masquerading as a lawyer asks the defendant a question and the defendant answers the male lawyer with my lady. I guess he must be addressing the judge but that seems odd as she did not ask the question.

Listening to the whole thing today, the lady judge likes Oscar and not the lawyer. So don't get your hopes up that there is a conviction in the offing.

Its pretty much a foregone conclusion, he will not be found guilty of 1st degree murder, the evidence is not there, but he will get done for man slaughter, he will get convicted, but not for 1st degree murder

He is lying through his teeth, they had an argument, she run off into bathroom and locked the door, so he tried to break the door open with cricket bat, didn't work so he let rip with firearm into the door and hit her

The lawyer is show boating, he doesn't have a real case, so he is trying to trip him up

• Like 2

Even though the prosecutor is asking the questions, the answers must be directed to the court, and the representative of the court is a lady judge, therefore M,lady is the correct response

Thanks for clearing that up.

Its pretty much a foregone conclusion, he will not be found guilty of 1st degree murder, the evidence is not there, but he will get done for man slaughter, he will get convicted, but not for 1st degree murder

He is lying through his teeth, they had an argument, she run off into bathroom and locked the door, so he tried to break the door open with cricket bat, didn't work so he let rip with firearm into the door and hit her

The lawyer is show boating, he doesn't have a real case, so he is trying to trip him up

agreedsmile.png

he could get something like culpable homicide in that he acted in what he thought was self-defense but was still negligent in shooting her.But there is no way he is going to escape some kind of conviction