The noise from soi watboon workers camp

balo

Sorry I cant take this anymore,

I know songkran will last until 19th April but I was hoping this weekend would be better. I will move out of my condo in Soi watboon tomorrow to a quiter place.

The construction workers camp next to my condo have stopped working and brought in some big amplifiers instead and set the volume to max .

It started 4 am this morning and its just not possible to relax or sleep , right now they are burning all the garbage inside the camp and the direction of the smoke goes right into our balcony .

combine this with screaming, shouting, dog barks and karaoke , I am out of here.

• Like 1

Hmm okay, good luck with it.

So will you be moving into a hotel or something else planned?

As far as I recall you own your current condo?

If you do, you can always move back in next year when the workers have moved on.

At the movement you simply can't move whole condo inventories around unless they are covered in plastic, I would be most concerned about TV's and other large electric appliances.

The partying (noise) will get worse and worse until climax on the 19th.

So far very quiet here in my Village in North Pattaya.

Yeah I own the condo, my mistake , it was the wrong location in the first place , buying offplan is never a good idea.

I will escape to another condo for a week, in a very quite location .

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

One of the worst developments in Thailand is the massive increase in noise pollution. Thais seem to love it. I suppose it prevents them from thinking. It is becoming increasingly difficult to escape the noise pollution. Now Thais have created mobile noise polluters, the "boom trucks." And some of the idiots driving them think it is "fun" to wake everybody up at 5:30 am with s%&t music. It used to be peaceful and relaxing to go to the beach--no more, nothing but noise pollution. It is a dangerous health hazard. When will the police do something about it? Never. Why? TIT.

At least a common ground of Pattaya and the (my) Isan village tongue.png

I feel with you.

At Songkran there is no escape except driving out to the jungle.

5h to 23h is the usual time slot.

Fortunately with major breaks.

These workers celebrate the "real" Songkran date (13 to 15).

This up to 19 is a Pattaya special (girls getting back from home on 16 and then doing the party for hooligan tourists).

One of the worst developments in Thailand is the massive increase in noise pollution.

The other one is light pollution. No more dark skys in the night even in my village.

Crazy cheap neon lamps on the street illuminate our house bah.gif

Edited by KhunBENQ

Happened to you last year didn't it?

@balo, on 14 Apr 2013 - 23:07:

Right now I am more comcerned about the loud music and Thais screamiing into their karaoke microphones here in my soi all night.

I live in north Pattaya on a cul de sac. Only residents come here and they're mostly all exhausted hotel workers and BKK hospital staff (I see their respective uniforms). They come home and pass out. This is paradise. Peace at last.

• Like 1

But the work camp will eventually disappear and move on to the next project.

They are building all over the place now, each empty rai is being turned into something, all around my village I can now see small hotels and big/small condominiums but they are thankfully too far away to disturb us.

If I was you and the location is okay, I would just hold on for now and wait and see.

Patience is always good, especially in Thailand.

• Like 1

I live in north Pattaya on a cul de sac. Only residents come here and they're mostly all exhausted hotel workers and BKK hospital staff (I see their respective uniforms). They come home and pass out. This is paradise. Peace at last.

Sounds like just a room in a block ?

Give the guys a break.

They're do an endless sh!t job of 12 hour shifts under a baking hot sun, for 200b, 29 days a month, every month for the rest of their lives.

Let them enjoy their once a year few days off.

Those that survive the whiskey and Homemade Machete parties will be back to work again in a few days.

Yes they do a shit job , not only because they work hard and the poor salaries , the developer Matrix use cheap, unqualified labour to cut costs and the results are not good . Many problems with this condo and others in the area. But I can only blame myself buying off plan .

which soi ??

Edited by properperson

Give the guys a break.

They're do an endless sh!t job of 12 hour shifts under a baking hot sun, for 200b, 29 days a month, every month for the rest of their lives.

Let them enjoy their once a year few days off.

Those that survive the whiskey and Homemade Machete parties will be back to work again in a few days.

Bullshxt !

Find me cheap workers like these ans I give you 10000 commission for each of them..

Ridiculous who believes that these monkeys would work so much for so cheap (as it should be!)...

Yes it happened last year as well , only worse this time .

My condo is for sale , would have moved out a long time ago if I found a buyer,

Both Park Lane and Paradise Park sell quickly, perfect for tenants. Price it correctly and some marketing should go within a few months. Assume its Foreign name. Just dont be greedy and asksome unrealistic price, we all know what they sold for off plan.

Both Park Lane and Paradise Park sell quickly, perfect for tenants. Price it correctly and some marketing should go within a few months.

Quickly = "should go within a few months"? I am underwhelmed (but not surprised).

Most buyers usualy have two or three viewings, then need to have funds transferred in, so if a property is put on the market today and transfer takes place befor 14th June, YES that is a quick sale...no pleasing some though

I work all over SEAsia and I can assure you that Thailand is not unique in the noise department.

But be warned, the whole of Jomtieski is going to be a particularly noisy place for the next few years!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

<snip>

But be warned, the whole of Jomtieski is going to be a particularly noisy place for the next few years!

Care to elaborate ?

Edited by MJCM

<snip>

Care to elaborate ?

He already did, did you not notice the ski after Jomtien?

It's all turning Russian, did you notice all the real estate agents in Central? Russians man, this tells you a lot about the customers.

I think he also meant that there is a huge amount of condominiums being build in Jomtien and if you buy one then you will almost fell like you are in Moscow expect for the weather off-course.

Even here in Banglamung I once went to a restaurant on Naklua road and was presented with a Russian menu card and asked for an English one, sorry mister we don't have, I walked without eating anything.

Edited by guzzi850m2
  • Like 1

Care to elaborate ?

It's all turning Russian, did you notice all the real estate agents in Central? Russians man, this tells you a lot about the customers.

I think he also meant that there is a huge amount of condominiums being build in Jomtien and if you buy one then you will almost fell like you are in Moscow expect for the weather off-course.

Even here in Banglamung I once went to a restaurant on Naklua road and was presented with a Russian menu card and asked for an English one, sorry mister we don't have, I walked without eating anything.

Understood, yes I know about ski ;)

But i seem to recollect that Lennyw has something to do with property, so maybe he has some inside info, so thats the only reason why I asked.

:wai:

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

Care to elaborate ?

Thats pretty much it !!

• Like 1

I've never been anywhere in Thailand where there wasnt some idiot making a pointless noise. Most of the rest of Asia is the same.

Yes, this is true. The best way is to get used to noise. It can be done, but only if you believe you can. You have to make a decision that the noise won't bother you.

I've been living next to a building site (just behind my bedroom wall) for 2 years now. I had the option to either move out, or stay at reduced rent.

To make it even worse I'm a nightowl and sleep in till about midday while workers kick off between 7 and 8am. I hardly hear the noise anymore. It doesn't bother me at all.

The more the noise bothers you, the more it will. You have to stop focusing on it.

There's also firecrackers being set off all day long until about 9pm for tourists at the temple near the Pattaya lookout. When I first moved there they use to startle me as they are very loud and finish with quite a bang - now I'm hardly aware of them.

Yes, you can get used to noises. The only other option is to move away, but that could go on forever as noises follow you to your new location.

Playing loud music that you like can help.

• Like 2

Happened to you last year didn't it?

@balo, on 14 Apr 2013 - 23:07:

Right now I am more comcerned about the loud music and Thais screamiing into their karaoke microphones here in my soi all night.

I lived at the park lane resort Wat Boon for almost a year and the workers camp has trebled in size over that year with the increase in the noise, plus they have used the land opposite as a truck parking lot over the weekends with the resulting noise and dust. I have since moved to Bangchang, nice and quite right on the beach, would never consider moving back to Pattaya or Jontien again.

That workers camp is going to be there for a long time it is a feeder camp to other building projects not just around Jontien, and the workers are trucked to different sites every morning and brought back every night

• Like 1