Metropolitan Police Chief asks 'Ko Tee' to surrender

webfact

Metropolitan Police Chief asks “Ko Tee” to surrender

BANGKOK, 15 April 2014 (NNT) – Metropolitan Police Chief Pol Lt Gen Kamronwit Thoopkrachang is calling on Wuthipong Kotthamma-khun, aka “Ko Tee”, to surrender to the police and fight his allegations.

The Metropolitan Police chief said he had already seen the clip of Ko Tee being interviewed by a Swedish journalist, saying it was hard for him or even other Thais to hear such comment that truly insulted the monarchy.

According to him, the police and other related agencies are working hard to locate Ko Tee’s whereabouts. At this point, authorities still have no clue whether the culprit is hiding in Thailand or has fled to another country. He also called on the culprit to turn himself in and fight the charges.

The Criminal Court last week issued an arrest warrant for Mr. Wuthipong for a comment that insulted the monarchy.

Meanwhile, Mr. Wuthipong told a news reporter on a phone interview that he would fight the allegation, claiming that the clip had been doctored to frame him.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-04-15 footer_n.gif

Metropolitan Police Chief Pol Lt Gen Kamronwit Thoopkrachang is calling on Wuthipong Kotthamma-khun, aka “Ko Tee”, to surrender to the police and fight his allegations.

Trans: I can't be arsed doing any actual police work and have no idea where the guy is......nor do any of my Keystone bretheren..

• Like 1

"The Metropolitan Police chief said he had already seen the clip of Ko Tee being interviewed by a Swedish journalist, saying it was hard for him or even other Thais to hear such comment that truly insulted the monarchy." Could be mistaken but I thought the reporter was a Canadian from Vice Media. Perhaps that's why the police chief couldn't hear anything offensive. giggle.gif

"The Metropolitan Police chief said he had already seen the clip of Ko Tee being interviewed by a Swedish journalist, saying it was hard for him or even other Thais to hear such comment that truly insulted the monarchy." Could be mistaken but I thought the reporter was a Canadian from Vice Media. Perhaps that's why the police chief couldn't hear anything offensive. giggle.gif

Maybe he needs some of Chalerm's ear medicine

• Like 1

Exactly. Listen to the wrong clip/interview, now you can spin the story the way you want. Brilliant!

Dear Ko Tee,

We know where you are, but we can't arrest you because my Boss says "No", he's a Red Shirt. One of mine." So we are going to pretend that we don't know where you are, and just say publicly, "Please surrender!" Of course, don't surrender or else I'll get into trouble with the Boss.

If you get hungry, just give me a call and I'll send someone with some food.

Regards,

Looking for Ko Tee

• Like 2

Isn't this the third or fourth time the police asked the man to surrender himself?

I understand the Royal Thai Police, this way is so much easier and still let's them appear as if they are doing some work. I suggest for them to adopt this strategy for a much bigger platform:

1. Will all people who have committed a crime please report to your nearest police station, and don't forget the crime processing fee.

2. Will all people who haven't yet committed a crime, but definitely plan on doing so in the future, please also report to your nearest police station for up-to-date knowhow and advice, and don't forget the how-to-successfully-commit-a-crime consulting fee.

3. Will all the rest of you who do not fit in 1. or 2. start doing 1. or 2. already, and then follow the applicable procedures, you lazy bums!

• Like 2

Mr. Wuthipong told a news reporter on a phone interview that he would fight the allegation, claiming that the clip had been doctored to frame him.

So what was doctored in the interview, must be the hair color of the reporter, she didn't look a blond Swedish gal...cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif wai.gif