Broken tree at hotel and now manager wants money

ghworker2010

Anybody heard about the OP ?

It would be nice to hear the end of this story.

Personally, as a keen gardener, i would be outraged if a guest did some damage to my trees, even if said damage, as far as i can guess, is not affecting the health of the tree.

Still, i am baffled from the OP's attitude, i can only guess he was not thinking very clear when he took his ( wrong ) decision.

If you are a gardener then you can relate perhaps,

If this is a palm tree, big enough to be in his way,

then he would have needed a very sharp and very strong cutter or saw, in order to remove a large fron.

in order to remove them, by breaking them, as he said, they would have had to be long dead, and ripped from the trunk,

there is no way he could have broken them off, if they were alive and strong, without an enormous fight, that even Tarzan would lose

his story is either bullshit which is why he isnt posting, OR, he is in jail because we both know, the tree didnt give in without a struggle!

Well, we can guess the OP did not have a sharp tool to do a clean job, we can only assume he did a awful job.

We should see some picture, then again, maybe better not smile.png

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you were seen vandalising the foliage at a hotel in your own country would you expect to be held to account?

if you saw someone, a thai possibly, vandalising foliage at a hotel you were staying at in your home country would you expect the management to take action?

restitution should of course be 'appropriate' to the damage done and a suitable apology given.

In Singapore in the 70s when I was there, breaking a tree would land you in court.

In this case it's probably a scam, but negotiating a lower payment is probably the best option in the end, and don't do it again.

The "sea view" gaff can't possibly be older than the sea itself; it just seems like it. It should really be called the "fill in the blank view" marketing ploy.

Sea View and it's ba^ta^d cousin, Ocean View is the name of tens of 1000's of places that have no view of the sea/ocean/water whatever.

Like "fresh" or "instant" they are almost meaningless in today's adspeak. I won't even mention "New".

That being said... 224 pounds is a record in my experience. That's well over 300, hey almost US$400. and in Turkey! What the heck must a sea view cost on the Riviera? For that kind of money, that sumbish better be lappin' onto the front stoop. I better be droppin' lobster pots out the side window.

As far as the absent OP is concerned: Let the buyer beware. OP checked into the room. OP should have not accepted it.

Any damage to the room or property should be paid for.

It seems odd to me that an entire three or four trees could have grown up to block the view, and no other guests complained. Maybe the contested view was out the bedroom window while the front facing view was fine. We only have one side of the story.

'nuff said

~

The "sea view" gaff can't possibly be older than the sea itself; it just seems like it. It should really be called the "fill in the blank view" marketing ploy.

Sea View and it's ba^ta^d cousin, Ocean View is the name of tens of 1000's of places that have no view of the sea/ocean/water whatever.

Like "fresh" or "instant" they are almost meaningless in today's adspeak. I won't even mention "New".

That being said... 224 pounds is a record in my experience. That's well over 300, hey almost US$400. and in Turkey! What the heck must a sea view cost on the Riviera? For that kind of money, that sumbish better be lappin' onto the front stoop. I better be droppin' lobster pots out the side window.

As far as the absent OP is concerned: Let the buyer beware. OP checked into the room. OP should have not accepted it.

Any damage to the room or property should be paid for.

It seems odd to me that an entire three or four trees could have grown up to block the view, and no other guests complained. Maybe the contested view was out the bedroom window while the front facing view was fine. We only have one side of the story.

'nuff said

~

kind of like the rumor of McDonalds buying their fake hamburgers from a company named 100% beef patty, so they can call their product 100% beef patty, when we all know they use slime?

kind of like the rumor of McDonalds buying their fake hamburgers from a company named 100% beef patty, so they can call their product 100% beef patty, when we all know they use slime?

That pink slime is blended chicken carcasses which is used to make chicken McNuggets. At least get your facts right.

• Like 1