Thais ranked as fourth heaviest drinkers in the world

webfact

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea about consumption amount, but if the numbers of staggering drunks that can be observed around 0700 in CM, is used as a gage,they seem to do very well at over indulgence. I have observed similar, but it was after allotment payment on the Indian reservations.

Both groups seem to have a low tolerance to the effect of hard drink.

• Like 1

Oh Dear, Singha and Chang must be dissappointed! No worries, with any local government support and thanks to the rich hisos from Singha and Beer Chang and blessing from above (both companies and their Thai Chinese owners have been bestowed special status in Thailand if you know what I mean) thailand should rank no 1 next year.......hurrah for Thailand! All thais will be proud then.

Time for me to diversify into the healthcare market.....lots of money to be made. Thanks Singha, Thanks Beer Chang.

One would imagine the figures are skewed somewhat. 1) Thais and some other nationalities would exaggerate their consumption to appear macho. 2) Westerners and others may well understate their consumption to avoid being cast as alcoholic.

It's all a matter of self perception.

• Like 1

This is not accurate. Number one is Moldova. They do drink. In the country people make tons of wine just for one family of 4 to 10. No nation can over drink them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_alcohol_consumption

According to the link Thailand is ranked as number 77, but not near to 4. Bad report indeed. Ukraine is classed as number 4!

Edited by Thunder26
  • Like 1

Thais are forth heaviest drinkers in the world

xbooze-wpcf_728x413.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Hfg

BANGKOK: -- Thailand ranks fourth on the list as the world’s heaviest drinkers, Euromonitor, the privately-owned London-based market intelligence firm, said.

The firm which provides market research and business intelligence reports and data to industry said out of the 44 countries it studied, Thais were found to be the fourth hardest drinkers at 4.5 shots per week, closely trailing behind South Korea, Russia, and the Philippines.
South Koreans, who topped the list, drink more alcohol than Russians, Americans, and Britons combined.

South Korea’s unparalleled liquor consumption is almost entirely down to the country’s love for the fermented rice spirit Soju.
The study was released after the ‘seven dangerous days’ of the Songkran Festival is coming to an end Wednesday.

The unusually high death toll of 272 in six days of the festival resulted mainly from drunk driving, despite government campaigns to curb fatalities.

Source: http://englishnews.t...-drinkers-world

xthaipbs_logo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.xwuNWP8G4
-- Thai PBS 2014-04-17

Here in the village most of the guys have a drink every single day and most seem to consume a bottle of Lao Kao a day.

I was amazed at the alcohol consumption of the guys who built our house too. Most would have half a bottle of Lao a day.

Another builder who put wifeys Thai kitchen together pours down two bottles of Lao a day. Nice guy but must be doing himself irreparable damage.

I usually go out for a cycle ride every other day at about 6.30am and the local shop always has 3 or 4 guys outside starting early on the days bottle.

No idea how true 4th in the world of worlds drinkers is but I have never seen anything like the daily sustained drinking that goes on here.

• Like 1

This is not accurate. Number one is Moldova. They do drink. In the country people make tons of wine just for one family of 4 to 10. No nation can over drink them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_alcohol_consumption

According to the link Thailand is ranked as number 77, but not near to 4. Bad report indeed. Ukraine is classed as number 4!

Just to add. There are 196 countries in the world but this study did only on 44 countries, which is from the start inaccurate!

Edited by Thunder26