How to get rid of toads

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you want? Lots of bugs, mozzies, and crawly things or one fat happy frog?

I guess he can feed himself on those very same bugs at the other side of the perimeter wall, isn't it ?

If you have a full size cover that reaches the floor, then try camphor balls. It seems to stop all manner of critters setting up home in my Ducati. I have been using this method for years with great succes when I have it in storage.

post-6366-0-85129200-1397898270_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I honestly believe that most farmers/kitchen gardeners really don't have a problem with toads.

Even when they burrow into the soil right next to a plant, I haven't seen them damage the root structure, maybe they even help by letting oxygen reach the roots.

Anyway, they are fascinating, I love the way that when you try to move them, they absolutely refuse and if you persist, they will blow themselves up to double their size. Yeh, I feel threatened now :)

Toads eat a lot of insects, sure they eat beneficial insects as well as the ones that we don't want, but overall, I believe them to be a helper, not a hinderance.

Are those Camphor balls still in the packet?

Regards.

If you mean by your question, are the camphor balls sitting open in the original packaging, then yes they are. You can place them in any container you like, as long as it is open so that the camphor balls can outgas as designed.

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

well I see that some of the mustier denizens of the Thaivisa general topics page have decided to wreak havoc on the farming forum. Google it man, toads are poisonous or uneatable and stay away from water for most of the time..... Doesn't matter but the terms frog and toad have been freely used as if they were interchangeable.

Was unsure whether to respond to this or simply bask in the knowledge

that I was included in the intellectual insult '...mustier denizens of the Thaivisa general topics page...'.

Decided to go for both.

Toads can stay away from water if they so choose, because their anatomy is slightly different to that of a frog. They're poisonous, because they're anatomy is slightly different to a frog. Would that be covered by the phrase 'some minor anatomical differences'?

I'll make sure I'm VERY specific next time I venture away from the general topics forum.

Uneatable? Apparently they are eatable. My host family in Issan don't partake, but they know people who do. I've not seen it myself, but pretty much everything gets eaten in this neck of the woods. After skinning I see no reason why toads shouldn't be on the menu.

So, I believe all the suggestions offered are valid for both frogs and toads.

Off now, back to where I belong. I did enjoy my visit to the farming forum :)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Since the OP admits that he has a residential property his friendly toad is probably getting back into the property via the yard drains. Cover the openings with plastic mesh and he should not be able to get back in

Also be grateful that it is not a bull frog what will loudly chirp all night to let the ladies know that he is there, ready, and waiting to breed

If you build a toad house (or a toad village if you really do have 14) and you decorate it nicer than the covering on your motorcycle then the toad will relocate.

Its really just a simple quality of life issue.

http://familycrafts.about.com/od/frogcrafts/a/How_To_Make_A_Toad_Village.htm

And in response to the termites...one toad can eat up to 1,000 insects a day. How many were in your pool?

http://www.toadilytoads.com/toadilytoads_faqs.html#Anchor-supposed-11481

Edited by ClutchClark

Toady would have enjoyed a few but not that many.

Termites can't swim, so the pond is an excellent place for them.

Gecko's love to eat them. If you have fish in the pond, I would've thought they'd be having a feast.

Having googled toads yesterday in the hope of elevating myself beyond my current status as a 'mustier denizen of the Thaivisa general topics page', I discovered the spawn and tadpoles of toads are also toxic to most other animals. If you have fish and see toad spawn, get it out. This is a bit late coming for namdocmai - sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Had a knock on the door and when I opened it there was a tortoise on the step, I picked it up and volleyed it into the field opposite, anyway about a week later there was another knock, when I answered their was the tortoise back, it lifted its head up and said, what the <deleted>@k was all that about..

Sent from my HTC One mini using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Toads and frogs are cute. Most of them like to be cuddled on their sides. My funny experience in Thailand over many years.

I often hear they are poisonous but having touched many I never had a problem.

Does anybody ever have had a bad/painful encounter?

• Like 1

Toads are natives, you're not! Why don't you toss yourself over the 2m high fence and go back to your sterile country!

Why don't you get a life ????

I have a life thanks, but it doesn't include being cruel to animals, obviously you don't care.

Toads are natives, you're not! Why don't you toss yourself over the 2m high fence and go back to your sterile country!

I have a life thanks, but it doesn't include being cruel to animals, obviously you don't care.

is this being cruel to animals or just having a tasty meal licklips.gif.pagespeed.ce.v-hsVd-Wpu.gif

post-58181-0-45855200-1398034875_thumb.j

Edited by GOWER

is this being cruel to animals or just having a tasty meal licklips.gif.pagespeed.ce.v-hsVd-Wpu.gif

Just a meal, not sure about tasty.

My Aussie friends tell me a 3 wood works a treat! "....

Nope, need to clear the fence. Gotta have some loft.

I recommend a heavy wedge, like a Cleveland gap wedge......

Just a personal preference thumbsup.gifbiggrin.png

On a serious side, the toads do eat a lot of bugs.

Rather have the toads than the mossys, flies or other insects.

You can do what you want or feel is necessary

but these are pretty helpful critters. plus the tadpoles eat mossy larva.

they are pretty handy to have around if you dont like mossys or flies.

just check your shoes before slipping your foot into it facepalm.gif

NOT a good feeling if you have a visitor inside it!bah.gif

• Like 1

I prefer to live and let live. I am not in charge of the world, hence I refrain from issuing orders. I am not perfect, hence I refrain from telling others where they are wrong. I try not to take other peoples inventory, but rather work on my own resentments. I don't know all the answers and haven't met anyone yet that does.

• Like 1