Can Anyone Help ?

tonika

About 4 days ago a new message appeared on my laptop (I use Internet Explorer 10 and Yahoo). The message was from 'webpage', saying 'Your Adobe Flash Player maybe out of date, please update'. I tried to delete it, but instead the page opened up. There are two click on's, Install/Remind me later, I chose the latter. But I couldn't get rid of it. I have antivirus McAfee, and Malware bytes, which blocked it, saying it was a Trojan. But the message was still there, and because I couldn't delete it, my laptop was blocked.

I am not computer literate, as such. But I managed to get to 'computer recovery', and set the date at the beginning of April, thinking I'd be rid of it, unfortunately it was still there. I have Strong VPN, when I tried my laptop, although the message was still there, when I clicked 'remind me later', this time a yahoo message came up, sorry this page can't be reached. But it also had a 'yahoo homepage' click on, which I tried and it worked. I then made Google my homepage, and although the message sometimes comes up, I can cancel it. Now a new 'message from webpage' has appeared, saying 'Your Java Script maybe out of date, please update. I've contacted both McAfee and Malware bytes, but I'm getting no help from them. Anyone with any idea's, how to get rid of these annoying 'messages', before I take it in for repair ?.

I assume you're using Windows 7. Internet Explorer 11 is the current version being used with Windows 7. You should have gotten it through a recent update. So, there's a possibility that your Flash Player is out of date. You can check the version is current and install the current version by going to http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

You shouldn't be using Java unless you really need it. It's known to be not secure. Uninstall it. Internet Explorer has a built in Java Scrip interpreter.

You can reset Internet Explorer to to default by going to Control Panel>Internet options. Under the advanced tab there's a reset button.

• Like 1