How would you change things here?

roguewo

Set for overhaul: A non-sensible Act as Enacted in the name of (You Know Who) :

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/doc/Immigration_Act.pdf

It's easy: You put the sensible parts on one side, then put the non-sensible parts on the other. Now just get rid of the non-sensible parts and get you-know-who to sign it again.

Edited by JLCrab

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Set for overhaul: A non-sensible Act as Enacted in the name of (You Know Who) :

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/doc/Immigration_Act.pdf

It's easy: You put the sensible parts on one side, then put the non-sensible parts on the other. Now just get rid of the non-sensible parts and get you-know-who to sign it again.

No-one's asking you to read or contribute to this thread. So just ignore it. Or are you incapable of doing something so simple? Maybe you have some psychological issues that need resolving.

Sure you did -- you asked: How would you make the visa laws here more sensible? I presume from the above that you have decided that they are not sensible. One change in the Police Order 777/2551 2.18(6) regarding extension of stay based on being married to a Thai woman is that the 40,000 baht per month income must be solely derived from the non-Thai spouse's income and not the combined family income or that the 400K baht must now be in the non-Thai husbands sole bank account.

So recent change to the presumably non-sensible immigration rules if anything have gone in the opposite direction from what you and some of your positive posters would like. Pushing for more change may not be very sensible.

Edited by JLCrab

I can't say much about the visa laws of the UK. I've been there once on business, but the visa was handled by the company.

If the UK makes you jump through flaming hoops, maybe it has changed, but it's not sensible. Once you are in the UK, do you have to continue to jump through hoops? I don't know.

Thailand's visa policies are not sensible either. Anyone can walk through the door, but you have to hand over your money constantly, and you are made to feel as if that is the only thing that matters.

How would you make the visa laws here more sensible?

You wrote, "How would you make the visa laws here more sensible?" That means that the current visa laws are not sensible or at least have a lot of room for improvement. How would you make a decision that the visa laws here are not sensible? You would compare them with other countries or the same or better attractiveness of resettlement.

I would suggest that for like living standards Thailand is head and shoulders above any other country with like infrastructure and living amenities and cost. I took into consideration, availability of mass transportation, health care, food choices, cost and available companionship.

I hope that answers your question. That is, I think Thailand already has sensible visa policies and I would challenge you to find another place better? A real place and not the big rock candy mountain.

Edited by thailiketoo

There many things I don't like but a lot more things I do like, the combination of the two makes Thailand what it is.

Our first instinct is ti want to change things, make things more to our liking.

I don't want to change a thing. I love Thailand the way it is warts and all.

I'd like to change a lot of things about Thailand, but given that I have absolutely no chance of doing so, I'd rather live in an imperfect Thailand than the over regulated, overly PC, over lawed ( though the crime rate seems to increase regardless, and driving standards have gone DOWN ) country of my citizenship.

I would change the visa law for UK citizens.

So my sons and sisters, when coming to visit - Instead of just being able to rock up to immigration at Swampy and get 30 days entry no questions asked, I would make them jump through flaming hoops, submit pages and pages of applications, submit lots of intrusive and personal information, about personal life and financial status, travel to their capital city from whichever remote town they live in to attend an interview and try to attest their innocence although they are pre-judged as guilty (of what, it doesn't matter, the inference is broad).

This to make it even for when my wife visited UK to see my family there. If it was a level field, she would feel less insulted.

No no no...of course I don't mean it - just a blunt way of making a point.

I can't say much about the visa laws of the UK. I've been there once on business, but the visa was handled by the company.

If the UK makes you jump through flaming hoops, maybe it has changed, but it's not sensible. Once you are in the UK, do you have to continue to jump through hoops? I don't know.

Thailand's visa policies are not sensible either. Anyone can walk through the door, but you have to hand over your money constantly, and you are made to feel as if that is the only thing that matters.

How would you make the visa laws here more sensible?

<How would you make the visa laws here more sensible?>

I'd make them like Malaysia. 90 days visa exempt at the border, as many times as you want. ( I don't know if Malaysia has restrictions on the number of times you can do it, but that would be my solution ).

• Like 2

Actually, I didn't get it.

I've been running on 3.5 hours of sleep for the past few days, and after reading so many negative posts, well....sorry.gif

Most people who actually meet me, do like me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't care if people in thailand likes me or not, but if you still want they like you don't tell them what in your opinion could be changed

If there were less corruption the really smart kids would get A grades, not all.and sundry. If there were less corruption there would be less uninsured and unlicensed drivers on the road, if there was less corruption doctors bills and medicines would be prescribed properly and not so wastefully, less corruption better coppers, less corruption less pollution.

Corruption is THE universal problem.

Corruption is linked with many of Thailand's problems but it is not the root cause of all Thailand's problems... it is as much as a symptom of other problems (e.g. low education standards and wages for public sector workers) as it is a cause of such problems.

Corruption can not be fixed without also improving education and public sector wages (and many other issues which generally depend far more on economic development such as providing all people with honest opportunities for creating wealth through hard work or entrepreneurship).

Obviously it is sensible to take steps to try to address corruption directly but it is dangerous to assume corruption is the source of all Thailand's problems or (more importantly) that there is some kind of quick fix to corruption (which can be solved by a few pieces of paper), regardless of what certain (corrupt) "political" activists say.

Its eggs and chickens.

Thailand pumps a massive percentage of GDP into education. Where does it all go? Corruption swallows the budget for education.

Until they prosecute corruption properly, NOTHING will improve. You can't have good education if the system is corrupt.

• Like 1

Anyone say anything realistic yet?????

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

There have been a few realistic and helpful comments, but mostly it's been a lot of disheartening drivel by uneducated red-neck, low life, scum sucking pigs... like you! Ask me how I really feel. coffee1.gif I expect at this point you will remeasure your little pepe, and report me to the mods. Next...!

Anyone say anything realistic yet?????

There have been a few realistic and helpful comments, but mostly it's been a lot of disheartening drivel by uneducated red-neck, low life, scum sucking pigs... like you! Ask me how I really feel. coffee1.gif I expect at this point you will remeasure your little pepe, and report me to the mods. Next...!

Lol...lol....needed the laugh, thx.