Is Truevisions satellite down?

angryfarang

Ref new channel numbers, downloaded previously posted list and found , as others have, that the list did not match reality.

Found this (later?) list for HD box and Std box. It's a pdf of 2 pages. Have not been through all of the channels but this seems to be more accurate,

Apologies if it has been posted before, but have not checked all of the recent True threads.

PressAD_EN.pdf

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Ref new channel numbers, downloaded previously posted list and found , as others have, that the list did not match reality.

Found this (later?) list for HD box and Std box. It's a pdf of 2 pages. Have not been through all of the channels but this seems to be more accurate,

Apologies if it has been posted before, but have not checked all of the recent True threads.

attachicon.gifPressAD_EN.pdf

That looks like the one, they were working on the problem late at night

attachicon.gifPressAD_EN.pdf

Yea, this list comes real close to matching the actual lineup on my cable HD Box. I just took the list and scanned/sampled through my channels and only found a few disconnects. Thanks for finding & posting this list.

Does anybody, by chance, have the list of the old setup? Wife is is looking for couple of channels she used to watch, and doesn't know what they were...

SD box post-150466-0-48667400-1398302399_thumb.

HD box post-150466-0-81470500-1398302443_thumb.

NOTE ... These are lists are before the latest changes

Here's the new numbering.

Thanks for the TV guide printed out and everyone is happy, except for Oz channel now streaming AFL from OZ through Telstra.

I am so happy that my channel selector skips to 199 and then rinse and repeat. Everything in between is gone. So much for us as long time Platinum customers. I have never seen things on True this screwed up and I have 3 connections.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

It must be something to do with your box or dish. I'm a Platinum subscriber and all my channels are working.

Anyone know what Channel BBC Entertainment is on now?

Channel 354

After several hours from when they said things would be done and after my following all instructions, it still wasn't correct. True to form, 5 minutes after I talked to one of their customer service guys and arranged a house visit, it kicked into place. When talking to him, he told me I was the only one with this complaint. Then a little later in the conversation, he said I was the only farang. Then, he finally said there were loads of Thai's also with the same complaint. Customer service training please.

I then called to cancel the house visit and this person said he was doing it immediately. Sure enough nobody got his message and they showed up.

• Like 1

Since you can't skip channels like several years ago, you have to either (a), get the PVR and only watch the shows you really want to watch, or (B) categorize your favorites into each category and select them one at a time, or © if you have a photographic memory, then no problem at all.

Did anyone else notice that for some strange reason, at least 5 of the first 10 channel number assignments in the new line-up belong to...wait for it...True's own crappy channels?

Meanwhile, the thing I love about these kinds of channel lists is they appear to make absolutely no mention or distinction of what channels belong to what TrueVisions packages. It's nice to have the full list. But it's kind of useless if you have a package that only delivers half or two-thirds of the total channels on their list, and the list doesn't say which are which.

• Like 1

Did anyone else notice that for some strange reason, at least 5 of the first 10 channel number assignments in the new line-up belong to...wait for it...True's own crappy channels?

Meanwhile, the thing I love about these kinds of channel lists is they appear to make absolutely no mention or distinction of what channels belong to what TrueVisions packages. It's nice to have the full list. But it's kind of useless if you have a package that only delivers half or two-thirds of the total channels on their list, and the list doesn't say which are which.

Have you voiced your displeasure with TrueVisions and/or the National Broadcasting Services of Thailand? I doubt anyone on ThaiVisa can do anything about it.

By the way, my Channel Guide from the box does indicate what package the channel belongs to, although you would have to go through each channel to find them. There was a flash, I believe, that indicated which number groups included which channel groups. I'm not sure if a package is NOT subscribed if the channel shows. Since it is a test I doubt it is all settled. I did notice some wrong Program Descriptions in some of the channels.

I would say be prepared for another channel renumbering in the not so distant future. You will get to enjoy it again!

My comment re True own channels being heavy at the top of the new channel list was a follow to earlier comments about why True didn't simply start with the most watched over the air channels 3, 5, 7, 9, etc.... in terms of the new ordering.

The dropping down of Channels 5 and NBT may have to do with their supposed content conversion. I keep reading the first is going to become some kind of national security or military content channel, and the second is going to become a government PR channel (although some would say it already has been).

But it's kind of hard to follow why they've dropped MCOT (formerly Channel 9) into lineup oblivion (Chanels 24, 40).

It would be interesting to hear TrueVisions rationale for placing True4U, True Inside, True Sport 7 and True Select into channel number assignments within the top 10 listings.

My comment re True own channels being heavy at the top of the new channel list was a follow to earlier comments about why True didn't simply start with the most watched over the air channels 3, 5, 7, 9, etc.... in terms of the new ordering.

The dropping down of Channels 5 and NBT may have to do with their supposed content conversion. I keep reading the first is going to become some kind of national security or military content channel, and the second is going to become a government PR channel (although some would say it already has been).

But it's kind of hard to follow why they've dropped MCOT (formerly Channel 9) into lineup oblivion (Chanels 24, 40).

It would be interesting to hear TrueVisions rationale for placing True4U, True Inside, True Sport 7 and True Select into channel number assignments within the top 10 listings.

Rationale follows: because they are True channels....'nough said.

I read a Bangkok Post or Nation article over the last week or so that the govt is proposing that all Thai satellite/cable companies put what would be considered the primarily watched channels, like Ch 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, NBT, into a standard lineup at the beginning of their channel numbering lineup, but it didn't have a firm timeline which means it may never happen.

This has to be the worst channel arrangement ever that True has come out with. Just when you figure out where the channels are they rearrange them. Seems True rearrange the channels about every year and half. I really wish there were some alternatives for condo living. Anyone suggest any?

This has to be the worst channel arrangement ever that True has come out with. Just when you figure out where the channels are they rearrange them. Seems True rearrange the channels about every year and half. I really wish there were some alternatives for condo living. Anyone suggest any?

My condo offers "Happy Cable TV". Fortunately I'm happy enough with True and at least the new channel arrangement is more logical than before.

How difficult can it be to just re-program your favourite channels and then you can ignore the rest?

We have Happy Home Cable in our Sukhumvit home.. 350 baht per month for two outlets -- about 80 some SD channels tuned through our TV's tuner -- no set-top box involved.

They do have some of the farang oriented channels that True only tends to offer in its higher priced plans -- BBC News, Bloomberg, NHK World, Fox News, Universal, Sony, and a few others.

Pretty much, you can't deal with them speaking English, or are lucky if you can find any English speaking staff there.

They told us recently that they're offering an expanded package of channels that only can be used with a 2000 baht purchased set-top box from them. But there's no apparent mention of that on their website, and I've yet to be able to get a full channel list from them of what that expanded package includes.

Actually, I like the shows on True and it will be American football time soon as well. I use the PVR as the cost is THB 3,990 one time only for the external hard drive (they canceled the monthly PVR payment), so I end up recording and watching only the shows I really want to watch when convenient. It works for me.

Remembering the channel numbers are impossible.