Yingluck says she is ready to quit politics if it’s the need of majority

Lite Beer

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Semester - I would not say it is obvious.

It has been proven before that the PTP don't respect the majority or the minority or the general public as a whole for that matter if it does not suit their agenda.

Majority Disrespect - The Amnesty Bill was not wanted by the majority. Pushed through anyway. The 2007 constitution was wanted by the majority. Denounced by the 1992 coup maker, thaksin. Farmers wanted to protest for payments and told they were hooligans and their families were threatened with intimidation.

Minority disrespect - You will get a convention centre in Phuket when you vote for us. Disallowing DEM's to debate in parliament.

Public disrespect - "We will not hold public water hearings for the 350 billion baht water management scheme.", "Protestors in Chaing Mai better watch out. You are garbage."

Look no further than TVF for this lack of respect for any decision or ruling that goes against the PTP.

For goodness sake, if the NACC and courts rule against the PTP they are alluring to starting a civil war. So rest assured if they loose an election it will no longer be the rosy "majority" narrative. It will be a refusal to leave. Claims of a DEM plot. A biased EC cheating the votes. The PDRC double voting. Anything, but an acceptance of the reality that they have not won.

If anything goes against the PTP agenda it will not be accepted.

"The 2007 constitution was wanted by the majority"

where you get that ??? who was the majority ? please the yellows/dems had never a majority , only within the post coup (non elected) government, so please stop posting if you don't know the facts.

Feel free to remove that sentence and read the remainder. All still valid.

BTW the referendum vote was 57.81% FOR the 2007 constitution. However as stated feel free to remove that sentence and re-read the post.

Your comment is amusing however as you inadvertently highlighted that I am correct in what I said.

That being;

That's right, given a choice between continued military rule and the badly flawed constitution, an underwhelming majority chose the constitution.

• Like 2

Best for us to keep a low profile in public.

The sentiment i read is one of warning signs when even the Bangkok Post start printing articles with nationalist propaganda AND reference to the

Foreigners who ' complain about .......so if they don't like it here.......Goodby.....' sort of messaging, then for me,having experienced 2 bloody confrontation over the last 20 years, for me its time to retreat@home, not engaging in election/politic issues and enjoy my quality time in LOS.

If she stays or goes it makes no difference.

Red will be in power for the foreseeable future, unless you make issan a separate state that is.

Would you want the yellow in , personally I wouldn't .

Then using the logic of your posting

Time for you to move North

Then we all will be happy

A post altering a quote & another quoting it have been deleted.

Do not alter member quotes, next instance suspension will be issued.

15) Do not make changes to quoted material that changes the intended meaning of the quoted post

POLITICS
Yingluck to leave politics if country wants it; hasn't raised issue with Thaksin

The Nation

30232036-01_big.gif

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said yesterday she is ready to step down if the people want her out, but added that she had not discussed the possibility of quitting politics with her brother, ex-prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, or other members of her family.

Yingluck was responding to reports in which Thaksin aide Noppadon Pattama quoted the former premier as saying he was ready to "sacrifice his family" by ending its political career so the country can emerge from the political impasse and move forward.

Earlier this year, Yingluck dismissed reports that Thaksin would have her step down as prime minister. Observers now believe Thaksin's latest move was intended to test the waters, but the anti-government group led by Suthep Thaugsuban has brushed aside his proposal.

Asked if she had ever thought of taking a break from politics, Yingluck said, "I have said that I am not attached to my post if that is what the country wants. What is important is [that my leaving politics] must bring about peace and that all sides will follow the rule of law," she said.

Yingluck refused to answer whether she would request an audience with His Majesty the King soon to report on the country's current situation, though she did say that it was one of her duties.

The caretaker prime minister is being investigated by the National Anti-Corruption Commission for alleged dereliction of duty over the government's loss-making and corruption-plagued rice-pledging scheme.

She is also accused of malfeasance in a case being heard by the Constitutional Court in connection with her transfer of National Security Council secretary-general Thawil Pliensri.

Democrat Party deputy spokesman Jurin Laksanawisit said if Thaksin meant he wanted to wash his hands of politics, he should back up his claim by closing his war room in Hong Kong, returning to serve his jail term, ordering the government and supporters to accept rulings by independent agencies and dropping any ideas of passing amnesty bills.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-23

So when Mr T said he would would withdraw his family from politics he meant another family member? Right now i see ...cheesy.gif

Get those credit cards warmed up Y I can see a big conciliatory Paris shopping spree on the horizon. But make it to Swampy real fast..

That will not be her decision anyway, and if so,... it makes things even worst, because the hardcore red brigade will start blaming EVERYBODY in Thailand and in the FALANG WORLD, in other words,... the hardcore red brigade would go nuts in a lethal way across Thailand.... whistling.gifwhistling.gifwai2.gifwai2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

If she stays or goes it makes no difference.

Red will be in power for the foreseeable future, unless you make issan a separate state that is.

Would you want the yellow in , personally I wouldn't .

When you become an adult you will discover that elections (anywhere) are in no way based on who is the best but rather on who is the least worst. You will in time realize that on a binary question such as having your foot amputated against having your whole leg amputated, just having your foot amputated is the least worst.

• Like 2

It has been proven before that the PTP don't respect the majority or the minority or the general public as a whole for that matter if it does not suit their agenda.

Majority Disrespect - The Amnesty Bill was not wanted by the majority. Pushed through anyway. The 2007 constitution was wanted by the majority. Denounced by the 1992 coup maker, thaksin. Farmers wanted to protest for payments and told they were hooligans and their families were threatened with intimidation.

Minority disrespect - You will get a convention centre in Phuket when you vote for us. Disallowing DEM's to debate in parliament.

Public disrespect - "We will not hold public water hearings for the 350 billion baht water management scheme.", "Protestors in Chaing Mai better watch out. You are garbage."

Look no further than TVF for this lack of respect for any decision or ruling that goes against the PTP.

For goodness sake, if the NACC and courts rule against the PTP they are alluring to starting a civil war. So rest assured if they loose an election it will no longer be the rosy "majority" narrative. It will be a refusal to leave. Claims of a DEM plot. A biased EC cheating the votes. The PDRC double voting. Anything, but an acceptance of the reality that they have not won.

where you get that ??? who was the majority ? please the yellows/dems had never a majority , only within the post coup (non elected) government, so please stop posting if you don't know the facts.

BTW the referendum vote was 57.81% FOR the 2007 constitution. However as stated feel free to remove that sentence and re-read the post.

Your comment is amusing however as you inadvertently highlighted that I am correct in what I said.

That being;

That's right, given a choice between continued military rule and the badly flawed constitution, an underwhelming majority chose the constitution.

You wanted to know what majority voted for it. I told you. I can even link it if you like?

Like I said ignore that one sentence and read the remainder if you cannot accept THAT majority.

That being;

57.81% is "an underwhelming majority", whereas 48.4% of the proportional vote in July-2011 is frequently claimed by Red-leaning posters, as 'an overwhelming majority of the country' ?

Funny old thing, statistics, aren't they ? rolleyes.gif

In my view the military-appointed government did democracy a service, for all their other faults or mistakes, in establishing the principle that serious changes to the Constitutionj need to be ratified by a national-referendum, setting a better minimum-standard for governance in Thailand.

Better than 4am-votes in Parliament, with opposition-speakers barred from having their say, as 'true democracy' turned out to mean.

I personally wish the Dems would now participate, in a re-run election, and that whoever does get elected carries out a proper constitutional-change process after their election. Yingluck has also said she feels reform is needed, let's hope she doesn't forget that, if she does eventually get re-elected. That's if her brother doesn't negotiate her away, as part of his on-going deals, to gain his pardon/amnesty and return. wink.png

• Like 2

Strange how she is parroting her brother, the convicted criminal. Yingluck said, "that she has not discussed with her family and elder brother Thaksin Shinawatra on taking a break from politics, but she said she is ready to do so if it is the need of the majority of the people". The darling of Issan clarified this comment when she said the new election must be held as soon as possible so that a new Thaksin proxy government could be formed to run the country, restore corruption of public funds and make favourable judicial decisions.

Stop twisting the statement, she said quote a new government needed to be formed! Now if the Dems had their crap together and participated it may happen. Always look on the bright side of life comes to mind. (Life of Brian).

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Even though the last election was made void the votes and no votes clearly showed that the majority did not want YL to be PM anymore.

Since the major reason the protest began was due to YL and her admin it seems a reasonable assumption that with her and her family gone from politics that the protests will end. So YL! Your 2 conditions have been met already. Why are you still there clinging to office if what you said in this OP was true. Leave while you still can and are still free to remain in Thailand. This OP is total BS. YL will never leave until another PTP member gets control. If another party wins she will run north to try run the Gov there seperate from the rest of Thai. Thak will not let his only chances to return here slip through his fingers.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Separate from Thailand? Dream on brother.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That being;

Let me know when they release to real figures from the failed Feb 2 poll instead of all of the guesses.

You continue to make assumptions from flawed information taken from a flawed poll. PTP and it's predecessors have won and will win every free election for many years. Get used to it, this country is moving forward to freedom and democracy and the old ways of control are not working any more.

Let the Thai people have an election and see what they really want.

I believe that they will want freedom and democracy. You seem to believe that will put up with judicial coups and gerrymandering.

• Like 1

As long as there's gold in them hills and the chance reaping mega baht from being in politics,

those Shinawatra vultures clan will be in the game no matter what they say,

I just can't imagine them retiring sitting around the camp fire singing Kumbaya my lord Kumbaya ...

It appears to me pretty arrogant if the criminal fugitive (not self exiled) announced he will pull out of politics.

He still does not realize that he is not privileged to be in Thai politics in the first place.

It’s like a shipwrecked man swimming in the ocean announcing he is giving up smoking!

• Like 2

All words no action, as usual from this woman. Please follow through for once! The country is a better place without her; or as the locals put it, 'heavy on the land': a person who is useless for their country.

Edited by gemini81