"Gay In A Box" -- ask a gay any question! ONE answer only by ONE gay.

Jingthing

Why is it so important for a vocal minority of Gay people to have public recognition of their 'gayness'? Is it because their sexuality defines them? Why the need to shout it from the rooftops constantly?

Personally, I would find it very limiting for personal growth by making everything i do and say in my life tied to my sexuality.

You misunderstood. One ORIGINAL question at a time. As you didn't know, the above can stand. Perhaps one of the many Gays In The Boxes will care to answer that monster.

No, I didn't misunderstand. This is an original question from myself.

• Like 1

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I have one, my question will be used later.

But I do note that, from the OP ... ask a question and ...

Then one of our "gays" answers the question.

Sadly, it appears that only the Dude is replying, so we are getting a myopic response.

Maybe JT is an 'Ideas' man, rather then a 'Management' Man

Fun concept though.

• Like 1

I asked this question before and was told to go away, but I'll ask it again: why do you guys insist on the right to be married? This is the main sticking point for me when talking about gay rights. If you have equal rights as regards to inheritance, ... all that stuff, why do you have to annoy people that have regarded marriage as ';the union of one man and one woman'. A civil partnership is the way that most people in the West are tending for anyway. Maybe it's just me that has a problem with this.

• Like 2

I asked this question before and was told to go away, but I'll ask it again: why do you guys insist on the right to be married?

gay people want to get married for the same reasons straight people do, and they are lucky enough to choose marriage over a civil partnership for valid reasons.

• Like 2

An off-topic post has been deleted. This thread isn't going to get into a debate about gay marriage.

Do I seriously believe that? Aren't you over your quota of questions?

There is no quota of questions, as defined by the OP.

Jingthing

Member Schmember

• Advanced Members
  • 50,514 posts

Posted Today, 09:22

BookMan, on 23 Apr 2014 - 09:17, said:snapback.png

can i clarify the rules here please? How many questions can I ask?

As many ORIGINAL ONES as you like. However, no followup questions in response to answers.

“Enjoy each miserable day”

• Like 1

Yeah I have a question. Why many gay people seem to be much cooler than heterosexuals in general? Cooler in a sense that they seem to be more comfortable in their skin? They are just themselves, easy going, don't take things too seriously, usually fun to be around.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This thread isn't going to get into a debate about gay marriage.

But now I'm confused.

The OP in the OP writes ...

Gay In A Box -- The Whole Truth, everything you wanted to know about Gays.

Here is the concept.

Here is a space for NON-GAYS to ask a "gay" anything they want

Can someone clarify the question parameters for me?

Thanks.

Edited by David48

Why is it so important for a vocal minority of Gay people to have public recognition of their 'gayness'? Is it because their sexuality defines them? Why the need to shout it from the rooftops constantly?

Personally, I would find it very limiting for personal growth by making everything i do and say in my life tied to my sexuality.

Here a Queer answer: Because they espouse “gayness” as a way to counter binary and hierarchical sexual categorization which classifies homosexuality as a deviation from a privileged and naturalized heterosexuality.

They don't usually see sexuality as a product of a range of social and cultural issues which are in complex interplay with gender, race, ethnicity, status and other performative aspects of our identity. Sexual orientation in this way is highly reductionistic (while complexity is seen as a monstrous beast); this view rarely interrogates or disrupts the binary category mode of thinking and indirectly re-enforces it.

• Like 1

Please don't speak for all of us, I am married and I/we would have chosen a civil union. I have far greater respect for the majority and theinstitution of traditional marriage then some selfish notion that the left managed to persuade my government into buying hook line and sinker that it must be marriage or nothing. Give us a choice.

The one answer concept is ridiculous, it goes against the spirit of any forum I know of, I'm most uncomfortable with other members believing one person speaks for me.

First of all, thanks to some other Gays In The Boxes who are starting to step up to the plate. I certainly can't carry this role all by myself and that was never the intention.

About the ONE ANSWER ONLY from ONE Gay In A Box -- please see the OP which refers to this thread only. It's a specific concept for this one THEMED thread. Gay marriage is debated on MANY existing threads already and all are free to add to those threads. If every issue answered by a Gay In A Box is open to debate, there is no point for this thread to exist. Which maybe is your intention. That's not very sporting if it is:

Here is the twist: ONLY ONE ANSWER ALLOWED!

Again, the idea is not a DEBATE thread like a normal thread.

The design/guidelines of the thread are:

1. Question from a Non-Gay

2. ONE answer from the first GAY IN A BOX to answer (hopefully not always me as that can't go on, even I have limits)

Any other flavor post (including this one) outside that STRUCTURE is not in the program. If the structure isn't mostly followed (nothing's perfect) I will suggest that the thread has failed due to lack of COOPERATION from the public. I guess that's more likely than not but at least I made a creative effort to do something interesting here, instead of something petty and destructive.

Edited by Jingthing

Is there such a thing as a gaydar?

Thank you for your question, non-gay.

post-37101-0-85566700-1398238323_thumb.j

First Coming "Gay In a Box" answers: Absolutely! See you there! gaydar.net --

Gaydar - The Premier Gay
Dating Site. Home To
Millions Of Men.
Gaydar is free to cruise, chat and search. With millions of members and photo profiles from over 140 countries you're never far from what you want, when you want it.

NEXT ...

Why is there a gay forum but not a straight forum?

All the other forums are straight forums.

Hey??? Do you seriously believe that?

All other forums, like this one, are open to anyone.

There is no forum specifically designated as 'straight' or 'heterosexual'.

Please. Gay in a Box answers no matter how controversial or questionable are NOT open to DEBATE on THIS thread. If people can't cooperate with the basic concept, I will try very hard to persuade the powers here to close this baby. It was obviously an experimental concept and the experiment is already showing signs of failure ... that happens when you try something NEW.

Again, I don't think this concept is very hard to grasp.

Non-gay -- ask your question.

Gay in a Box -- ONE answer from any Gay in a Box that answers first

Then move on to the NEXT question.

That's it. Nothing else.

Edited by Jingthing

Does a gay man consider a ladyboy to be:

a) A chick with a dick?

b ) A bloke with tits?

c) Other (please define).

This is a serious question because when I see a hot looking long legged ladyboy and have a bit of a perve, all my mates give me a wind up. Frankly my dear, I'm beginning to question my sexuality.

Edited by Gsxrnz
  • Like 1

If two gay people living together adopted a young child, which is most likely?

Would that child

1.call them both dad

2.call one mum and one dad

3.call them both by their Christian names

4.any other combination?

The emphasis on most likely please

Is there such a thing as a gaydar?

attachicon.gifgayinabox.jpg

First Coming "Gay In a Box" answers: Absolutely! See you there! gaydar.net --

Gaydar - The Premier Gay
Dating Site. Home To
Millions Of Men.
Gaydar is free to cruise, chat and search. With millions of members and photo profiles from over 140 countries you're never far from what you want, when you want it.

NEXT ...

Thanks for your answer gay, but you misunderstood...

I am being serious btw, not a smart ass. Is it possible gay men can tell if another man's gay by using what has being termed a gaydar?..I don't think it is.

Edited by krisb

Please don't speak for all of us, I am married and I/we would have chosen a civil union. I have far greater respect for the majority and theinstitution of traditional marriage then some selfish notion that the left managed to persuade my government into buying hook line and sinker that it must be marriage or nothing. Give us a choice.

The one answer concept is ridiculous, it goes against the spirit of any forum I know of, I'm most uncomfortable with other members believing one person speaks for me.

First of all, thanks to some other Gays In The Boxes who are starting to step up to the plate.

Dude, you are misrepresenting what has been written with the implication that other Gay members are supporting your thread and have stepped in and started answering questions for us straight guys.

The member ToddWeston was commenting on what another (presumably) gay member mentioned.

That would have been obvious had you included the original post ...

gay people want to get married for the same reasons straight people do, and they are lucky enough to choose marriage over a civil partnership for valid reasons.

I don't see any Q n A there

I'm afraid JT ... you are still on your own in your Panel of Gayness Experts.

• Like 1

If two gay people living together adopted a young child, which is most likely?

Would that child

1.call them both dad

2.call one mum and one dad

3.call them both by their Christian names

4.any other combination?

The emphasis on most likely please

post-37101-0-86599100-1398242140_thumb.j

First Coming "Gay In a Box" answers: That one is almost too easy. Please try harder next time. The answer is obviously: CALL THEM BOTH DAD.

post-37101-0-22287900-1398242170_thumb.j

NEXT ...

Edited by Jingthing

Interesting concept but two questions pop up to mind, and a remark

1) this is a gay forum: how many "non gay" do you expect to read this forum and this very thread ? Of course some of us "non gay" do read it but I guess that the ratio would be very low and, therefore, you might get only one question a month

2) how would you be sure that the question comes from a "non gay"?

3) the kind of questions asked by a "non gay" to a "gay" revolves about one of two themes, making the number of questions very small

This post was neither a question from a non-gay to a "Gay In A Box" nor the one answer to such question.

Tsk tsk!

Ok...my English is far from being good so maybe you would care to explain the meaning of.....

Here is a space for NON-GAYS to ask a "gay" anything they want