Big Bike Parking

1BADDAT

I went to central mall last night in Pattaya. I parked my CBR500 in the big bike parking area of the garage and there was almost no room at all. There were a couple of PCX's and even a a Yamaha Mio. I know this is Thailand and people don't like to follow rules but I am curious as to what you guys think qualifies as a big bike.

In my opinion a "big bike" should be at least 250cc. But I would much rather see a CBR150 in the lot than a PCX 150. I just don't think a scooter qualifies at all.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some of the bigger scooters are in a gray area. They'd be having a hard time trying to navigate through a clausterf*ck that it is a small scooter parking area. So I understand why they want to park in the big bike area. On another note, PCX being so popular, there are just to many of them now so if allowed, they'd occupy every single spit in the big bike atta and more.

Sent from my mobile, whatever mobile it is.

My bike aint so big, but its a pain to get out of Central Festival bike park when you got a dream/scoppy/etc shoehorned uptight to the fairing. Mines longer than a Thai scooter, so i need to park at an angle, so there is always going to be a little wedge of tarmac wide enough for some spotty teenager to stuff a Honda grom into.

Maybe you just look past the CC's and models and just think that the people in the big bike park are going to give you enough room to stand your bike up vertically to get out, they dont want their bikes scratched up, so will probably pay your bike a bit of respect.

But, Mio's you got to draw the line somewhere.

anyone parking a pcx in the big bike area with ducattis ,gsxrs ,new kwackers etc is just a

If there weren't so many of PCXs out they're, I would have probably disagreed with you. But the big bike area just can't fit all of them plus all the other real big bikes.

OP: "But I would much rather see a CBR150 in the lot than a PCX 150."

My CBR150 carby has a considerably smaller footprint and weight compared to a PCX.

I can shift the rear end around in a parking lot with one hand.

That's why I like it.

Well, one of the reasons.

Same issue at Siam Centre (where I park when going to Paragon). I brought my CBR150 (carb'ed) once and parked in the "Big bike" area, the attendant came running out of the booth and said I couldn't park there so I pointed to the plenty of PCX's and asked what the minimum CC requirement was? She couldn't answer so I said if they weren't going to allow me to park I would have to speak to the manager. This was quickly followed by the attendant returning to her booth.

I have completely no issue if the declaration is clear (e.g. at MBK there is a zone which specifically designates 400cc or larger), but if they use an ambiguous word like "big" and I see a PCX there, I'll be parking there as well for sure!

• Like 1

Funny that we start pointing at each other saying "Your bike is smaller, you have less rights to park here". The problem is not "small or big", the problem is that many bike parking areas i know are much too small. And the managers of shopping malls still think "no car = no money", so they do not change this.

Same issue at Siam Centre (where I park when going to Paragon). I brought my CBR150 (carb'ed) once and parked in the "Big bike" area, the attendant came running out of the booth and said I couldn't park there so I pointed to the plenty of PCX's and asked what the minimum CC requirement was? She couldn't answer so I said if they weren't going to allow me to park I would have to speak to the manager. This was quickly followed by the attendant returning to her booth.

I have completely no issue if the declaration is clear (e.g. at MBK there is a zone which specifically designates 400cc or larger), but if they use an ambiguous word like "big" and I see a PCX there, I'll be parking there as well for sure!

So bc of you and those pcxs there I can't park my bike at Siam Paragon big bike area as small bikes make it full.

Definitely a carbed cbr150 is not a big bike. New fi cbr150 maybe, pcx definitely no too. those pcxs might belong to workers there so they feel like they have the right to park which they don't.

But you don't have any right or reason to park there. They arrange these parking spots for big bikes as it is hard to pass through scooter labyrinth but you can with carbed cbr150.

I hope this declaration is clear for you.

Ah another advise, you might not find clear declarations you need in Thailand. If not use your common sense.

Edited by ll2

A big bike is a bike that is big and has nothing to do with it's engine size, if the Forza was a 150cc it would still be a big bike. IMO

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

But forza is a big bike that is why they put a 300 cc engine in it.

A big bike is a bike that is big and has nothing to do with it's engine size, if the Forza was a 150cc it would still be a big bike. IMO

But forza is a big bike that is why they put a 300 cc engine in it.

Some places class a big bike by its engine size(anything above 400cc, whereas in my opinion a bike should be classed as a big bike by it's bulk, but I'm just a little cog in a big wheel!!

So bc of you and those pcxs there I can't park my bike at Siam Paragon big bike area as small bikes make it full.

Definitely a carbed cbr150 is not a big bike. New fi cbr150 maybe, pcx definitely no too. those pcxs might belong to workers there so they feel like they have the right to park which they don't.

But you don't have any right or reason to park there. They arrange these parking spots for big bikes as it is hard to pass through scooter labyrinth but you can with carbed cbr150.

Ah another advise, you might not find clear declarations you need in Thailand. If not use your common sense.

We could argue our different sides to death but the fact remains, if they aren't clear (use either the general rule of engine cc size or your idea of minimum width/length - albeit this rule would be silly to implement) your so called "big bike" area will continue to have carb'ed CBRs and PCXs clogging it up.

Just to be clear, I'm all in favor of a "big bike" area but if management can't be bothered to enforce it uniformly then I couldn't care less.

At Central Plaza in Chiang mai the rule is clear, 500cc up and you can park at the big bike parking. In Pattaya I ended up parking my bike along the pathway because my bike is longer and everywhere else is full of smaller bikes. No big deal

Funny that we start pointing at each other saying "Your bike is smaller, you have less rights to park here". The problem is not "small or big", the problem is that many bike parking areas i know are much too small. And the managers of shopping malls still think "no car = no money", so they do not change this.

Apparently you never parked at the superbike parking at Central World.

They are pretty strict on what can park there.

For the record, I am allowed on my CB500F.

At Central Plaza in Chiang mai the rule is clear, 500cc up and you can park at the big bike parking. In Pattaya I ended up parking my bike along the pathway because my bike is longer and everywhere else is full of smaller bikes. No big deal

When I was at that new Central shopping mall in Chiang Mai last December, they let everyone and their granny park in the big bike parking. Full of Fino's and other small crap.

LL say; "...If not use your common sense."

Sadly, use of 'common sense' seems to be so uncommon, and 'big' is quite subjective.

I guess there are disadvantages as well as advantages to riding the big Fe.

We could argue our different sides to death but the fact remains, if they aren't clear (use either the general rule of engine cc size or your idea of minimum width/length - albeit this rule would be silly to implement) your so called "big bike" area will continue to have carb'ed CBRs and PCXs clogging it up.

Just to be clear, I'm all in favor of a "big bike" area but if management can't be bothered to enforce it uniformly then I couldn't care less.

This is Thailand an a lot of things are ambiguous. I assume you are not mentally retarded, you know what a big bike is. If you want to park with the big boys buy a ticket.

This is Thailand an a lot of things are ambiguous. I assume you are not mentally retarded, you know what a big bike is. If you want to park with the big boys buy a ticket.

Huh. They charge for big bike parking?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

To me A big bike is anything larger than 1000cc.But not in Thailand.

Those are called super sport. Can be found on the track not in the parking lot.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Huh. They charge for big bike parking?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Figuratively speaking, your ticket is your big bike purchase.

• Like 1

To me A big bike is anything larger than 1000cc.But not in Thailand.

Those are called super sport. Can be found on the track not in the parking lot.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

a goldwing is an 1800 but not much fun on the track

many bikes are over 1000cc but not ss's

it does annoy me though that people think a pcx 125 is a " big bike " a\nd should be squeezed in between

bikes that cost half a million baht upwards

some of the mods on my bikes costed more than a new pcx so i defineately think pcx etc should be forced to park with the other scooters

instead of taking up valuable room in the only designated area for large expensive bikes ......

• Like 2

Maybe I'm not retarded, only senile.

Kindly define big bike for me.

My brother-in-law in North Carolina has a bike with a 427 V-8.

My sister rides a 'little one' with a 327.

Edited by papa al