TOT

DD13

Once again TOT virtually unusable in the North Pattaya area for over a week now.......You Tube will not open......BBC news the same......messages mostly will not open.....

I have civilly complained 3 times...............zilch response

Oh dear......and only 750baht a month..... for this "quality" service

Sorry to hear about your Troubles.

But here in Pattaya Klang no problems what so ever. All Websites reasonably fast (even TV for a change)

Only 1 disconnection in a 24hr period, but that was because of a Power Outage (and that was caused by the ****** condo (unhandy) handy man whistling.gif

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

Sounds like a localized problem. Did you call their support center? I normally get very good help from them, even dispatching techs when needed.

Yes Craig...... I went to Laem Chabang last month and reported the problem.....they said that they would send someone out.....nobody arrived

I reported it again on Monday in Pattaya Klang, when I paid my account......still no contact

Incidentally, a couple of weeks ago TOT engineers were outside attending to my next door neighbours internet problems....I asked the guys about mine....they said that they were not there to fix mine.....but did say........"the cables have been run underground (in conduit).....change the running of the cable to above ground"......

maybe they have something there....

So off I go to Laem Chabang again this morning.......I guess to be told again....."you need a new router".....as they did last visit......I politely pointed out that I was on my third router since 2010......the last "new" router being purchased in September 2013

Happy Days

The strange thing is.....if customers have problems with British Telecom in the UK......you are passed through to a call centre in "INDIA"......who are always polite, helpful and sort connection problems immediately

Perhaps TOT need to learn some lessons from them

Where is your local office? Is it really at Laem Chabang? I've gotten everything handled by calling their hot line. I've had pretty good success with them. But others have not. You have to stay on them, going in person helps, and having somebody who speaks Thai is a real plus.

Btw, you say you have 'civily' complained? Have you been sickingly nice, saying please and thank you a 100 times like a demented 8 year old. If you have that could be your probem. You need to man up a little and put your foot down, then you will get a reaction.

One has to call the TOT hot line on 1100 to get put in the Q for a service call, I was advised by the local office near here that Laem Chabang office handles the schedule of service calls, they will still have to call the hot line in order to put you in the Q

When the technicians arrive they will often check the signal outside the property, if they have a reading will often sign off the report without entering the premises or contacting the owner of the line.

It seems that some of the routers have a problem and will drop the ISP, they are then not able to assign an ISP number to your computer, the lights will be on but the there will be no connection to the internet, in this instance the wifi will work but any direct computer connection will not.

I have had all of the above problems and ended up renewing all the cable inside the property and buying a new router.

• Like 1

I went to Laem Chabang this morning and met a lady that I hadn't seen before who could not have been more helpful, she checked my internet and discovered that someone was hacking into my system.. she told me to go home to get my router and bring it for the engineers to look at....within 30 minutes she brought the router to me, we changed all of the passwords....I brought it

home. set it up....and all is well

Thanks to everyone for their input

• Like 1

I went to Laem Chabang this morning and met a lady that I hadn't seen before who could not have been more helpful, she checked my internet and discovered that someone was hacking into my system.. she told me to go home to get my router and bring it for the engineers to look at....within 30 minutes she brought the router to me, we changed all of the passwords....I brought it

Wow...that's crazy. Somebody had hacked into your system? Scary.

Not really difficult to do if you leave Remote Management (port 80 on the www) enabled and don't change the default Tot userid/password.

Edit: // Added Ps

Ps: Some advice for the OP, go to https://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 and do the "File Sharing" and the "Common Ports" check to see if you still have open ports on your Router.

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 2

Not really difficult to do if you leave Remote Management (port 80 on the www) enabled and don't change the default Tot userid/password.

Edit: // Added Ps

Ps: Some advice for the OP, go to https://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 and do the "File Sharing" and the "Common Ports" check to see if you still have open ports on your Router.

Thanks for your advice I will get onto it immediately