Sub soiler.

Thanks for the comment on the shed its 10x15 and was designed by my local welder well more gate maker for district but very smart as he did motor body building in malayasia for a few years.

Think you will be right with the deep ripping but will see as trying to tramline so all the tyre marks are in the same rows not to compact the seeded area to much.

All trial and error but enjoying it.

§hould have learnt more when working on 25000 acres of ceareal and sheep farms with the latest technology at hand.

But nothing like doing it for yourself.

Will keep you posted of how the year turns out.

• 3 months later...

post-173146-0-43993900-1410012882_thumb.

Following from the discussion on corn drills,this crop of maize was direct drilled,first I have ever seen.

Some sunflowers where direct drilled last year,and the results where positive, this crop is near me,drive past it most days,this guy had some luck,harvested previous

crop by hand "Hack-khow-port",then toped the old stuble,while it was still dry burned a lot of the stuble,then staight in with the drill no more than 6 days from harvesting

to drilling,he has sprayed a pre-emergence probable atrazine /gramoxone mix.

The money he has saved by not ploughing,more nutrients that would have been ploughed in ,out of reach from the new crop,can now be used by the new crop ,only a

few units per rai ,it all helps and the big thing, a quick turn around,

I think ,he was thinking,get the new crop in and well established before the rains come,(which up to last weekend we have had very littal rain this year).

I call this big progress for LOS , there is another direct drilled crop near me,drilled after the above crop,land is a bit lighter,up to last week growing a bit slow,should

catch up soon now we have some rain.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifIMG0040A.jpg

Following from the discussion on corn drills,this crop of maize was direct drilled,first I have ever seen.

Some sunflowers where direct drilled last year,and the results where positive, this crop is near me,drive past it most days,this guy had some luck,harvested previous

crop by hand "Hack-khow-port",then toped the old stuble,while it was still dry burned a lot of the stuble,then staight in with the drill no more than 6 days from harvesting

to drilling,he has sprayed a pre-emergence probable atrazine /gramoxone mix.

The money he has saved by not ploughing,more nutrients that would have been ploughed in ,out of reach from the new crop,can now be used by the new crop ,only a

few units per rai ,it all helps and the big thing, a quick turn around,

I think ,he was thinking,get the new crop in and well established before the rains come,(which up to last weekend we have had very littal rain this year).

I call this big progress for LOS , there is another direct drilled crop near me,drilled after the above crop,land is a bit lighter,up to last week growing a bit slow,should

catch up soon now we have some rain.

post-68260-0-52189200-1410048134_thumb.jI took this picture this morning.

My first attempt at a direct drilled crop planted on 21st august.

Couple of teething problems setting the seed and fert rates but once sorted an excellent machine.

Sprayed roundup 5 days prior to planting.

Had 188mm of rain since it was planted.smile.png

• Like 1