Duke's still coming to Maya?

roger1999

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ expensive ? sure, more than Thai food but so is all foreign food, the basic burger and fries is around $5 I wouls say it compares favorably to a $6-7 burger in the U.S., if you are in the "heartland" it will be about the same.

Is Duke's expensive? I did not come to T'land to spend US$5 for lunch. I can easily do that back home.

LOL good luck finding lunch "back home" (wherever that is) for US $5.00! You couldn't get lunch for US $5.00 in Romania. Most Thais spend that on appetizers.

I was in the USA recently and a good sandwich costs about US $8.00-$12.00.

A Duke's was very much needed on the west side of town. Now all those living in Hang Dong should start their lobbying campaign.

Why ? we all ready have an abundance of good restaurants south of town even some might say an over supply.

Then again if you don't experience them you wouldn't know

Don't understand the obsession with Dukes.

Is Duke's expensive? I did not come to T'land to spend US$5 for lunch. I can easily do that back home.

LOL good luck finding lunch "back home" (wherever that is) for US $5.00! You couldn't get lunch for US $5.00 in Romania. Most Thais spend that on appetizers.

I was in the USA recently and a good sandwich costs about US $8.00-$12.00.

So, "most Thais" spend more than a third of their total daily income on appetizers before lunch?

I would never have guessed that.

There is so much about this place that remains a mystery to me! rolleyes.gif

We ate there on Saturday. Partner went the burger with the blue cheese (which turned out to be blue cheese dressing). She had heartburn that night, and a dodgy stomach since.

The staff appeared in a bit of a panic, and it took ages for the meals to come. We were going to leave after waiting over 40 minutes for the food. Partner wishes she had!

Shame as we've enjoyed meals at Duke's on other occasions, but we definitely won't be heading back for a while.

I think you would have to long and hard to find a US$5 lunch in the U.S. anymore. Dukes prices are reasonable for what they offer.

In-n-Out burger. Under 5 USD. whistling.gif

in-n-out-menu.jpg

I think you would have to long and hard to find a US$5 lunch in the U.S. anymore. Dukes prices are reasonable for what they offer.

Well, well, but we are in Chiang Mai, Thailand ...
And our friend has the right not to appreciate restaurants at cost higher than market price, even if the quality justifies it.
One may also wish to avoid restaurants frequented by old retired farangs despite being one of them.
Finally when read that some advocate a patriot lobbying one can have an attitude of rejection.

in-n-out-menu.jpg

Lol! Somehow I don't see the comparison.

Getting a bit off-topic, as USual :(

Dukes burgers are not expensive, the beef is top quality and overall, considering costs ...value for money. We have not found any better offering in CM with the same level of service or comfort.

One minor complaint ... Dukes onion rings are TOO crispy.

in-n-out-menu.jpg

Lol! Somehow I don't see the comparison.

You said. "I think you would have to long and hard to find a US$5 lunch in the U.S. anymore. Dukes prices are reasonable for what they offer. " Now it may not be to everyones liking but if you look about there are many 5 dollar lunches to be had in the USA"tongue.png They are to be had cost to cost.thumbsup.gif

Edited by khwaibah

And our friend has the right not to appreciate restaurants at cost higher than market price, even if the quality justifies it.
One may also wish to avoid restaurants frequented by old retired farangs despite being one of them.
Finally when read that some advocate a patriot lobbying one can have an attitude of rejection.

Well gee Happy Joe, I never suggested our friend didn't have the right not to appreciate Dukes. Personally, I could care less if any of you people patronise Dukes. I just suggested one would have to look long and hard to find a $5.00 lunch in the land of Farangs like Dukes.

Well gee Happy Joe, I never suggested our friend didn't have the right not to appreciate Dukes. Personally, I could care less if any of you people patronise Dukes. I just suggested one would have to look long and hard to find a $5.00 lunch in the land of Farangs like Dukes.

Thats not what you said in your original quote You said. " think you would have to long and hard to find a US$5 lunch in the U.S. anymore. Dukes prices are reasonable for what they offer. " Trying to move the goal post hey.facepalm.gifNo body in there right mind expects Dave to have a 5 dollar lunch but by your on post you insist that a 5 dollar lunch was not to be found in the US and you have been proven wrong.tongue.png

It seems to me that the majority of people that sing the praises of Dukes are Americans, personally I've been there twice, first time I gave them the benefit of the doubt because of all the reviews I'd read, second time confirmed that the food is over-rated, over-priced.