Pattaya Dentist

Chaz1819

One Issue I have is ref. appointments.

I always request a first appointment (opening time) on any day available, say 9:00

When I arrive at say 8:50 others are waiting.

I expect to be first, but NO, the time on my card is irrelevant, the criteria is time of arrival.

Are there any dentists that have a proper appointment system ?

Chill out-this is Thailand whistling.gif

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One Issue I have is ref. appointments.

I always request a first appointment (opening time) on any day available, say 9:00

When I arrive at say 8:50 others are waiting.

I expect to be first, but NO, the time on my card is irrelevant, the criteria is time of arrival.

Are there any dentists that have a proper appointment system ?

That has never happened where I go (Mr & Mrs Leekpai). They respect your appointment, but you also have to understand that some sessions can go over time. If this ever happens, think to yourself, would you like the dentist to rush your root canal because your 30 minutes are nearly up?

Also, if a person came in with an emergency they may take precedent. That's also good to know in case you ever have an emergency yourself.

I don't see how any dentist, no matter how they respect the appointment system, can always be on time for patients.

If you have booked the first appointment of the day and you are there on time for it then you should get it. The only possible exception would be an emergency case that required immediate attention, and that of course should take precedence.

There's a problem that can occur at very busy dental clinics such as Leekpai's. This will occur if, upon inspection, you require major work done, such as root canal followed by crowning. As he is usually booked solid for 2 or 3 weeks ahead he would have to squeeze you in somewhere as you can't wait that long in between treatments. This could be a cause of early morning rescheduling. I also believe this can upset an after lunch appointment for some.

If waiting is a problem, then it's best to find a quiet dentist. There's plenty around.

If you have booked the first appointment of the day and you are there on time for it then you should get it. The only possible exception would be an emergency case that required immediate attention, and that of course should take precedence.

There's a problem that can occur at very busy dental clinics such as Leekpai's. This will occur if, upon inspection, you require major work done, such as root canal followed by crowning. As he is usually booked solid for 2 or 3 weeks ahead he would have to squeeze you in somewhere as you can't wait that long in between treatments. This could be a cause of early morning rescheduling.

I'm aware of that but it doesn't appear to apply in this instance. The OP was apparently kept waiting for his initial consultation that was booked to be the first of the day. This simply should not happen, except in emergencies.

If the dentist is aware that longer or special treatment will be needed that may delay the appointment then either the appointment should be made with this in mind or the patient should be informed.

There's a problem that can occur at very busy dental clinics such as Leekpai's. This will occur if, upon inspection, you require major work done, such as root canal followed by crowning. As he is usually booked solid for 2 or 3 weeks ahead he would have to squeeze you in somewhere as you can't wait that long in between treatments. This could be a cause of early morning rescheduling.

I'm aware of that but it doesn't appear to apply in this instance. The OP was apparently kept waiting for his initial consultation that was booked to be the first of the day. This simply should not happen, except in emergencies.

If the dentist is aware that longer or special treatment will be needed that may delay the appointment then either the appointment should be made with this in mind or the patient should be informed.

Of course you're not going to let this go and will continue to argue endlessly....

Appointments are made with that in mind. Once he's done the initial check up he schedules the follow up appointment for the length of time required. If you'd been to Leepai you'd realise how good he is. He's a true professional and he doesn't muck around - he's very fast and efficient. I absolutely love the guy. I've never been happier with a dentist in my life. It's great to go to a dentist, open your mouth and know he's going to do a great job and not overcharge you.

Of course you're not going to let this go and will continue to argue endlessly....

Appointments are made with that in mind. Once he's done the initial check up he schedules the follow up appointment for the length of time required.

No one is saying anything different. What you seemed determined to ignore is that the OP had the first appointment of the day, he was there on time and yet other people went in before him. This is not right and never will be, unless those other people are emergency cases of some type. I would not put up with it either.

If you'd been to Leepai you'd realise how good he is. He's a true professional and he doesn't muck around - he's very fast and efficient. I absolutely love the guy. I've never been happier with a dentist in my life. It's great to go to a dentist, open your mouth and know he's going to do a great job and not overcharge you.

I'm sure he is truly wonderful but this has nothing to do with the functioning of his appointments system.

If your appointed time cannot be met and punctuality is more important than the treatment may I suggest you employ your own private Orthodontist and arrange home visits-problem solved thumbsup.gif

Edited by petermik

No one is saying anything different. What you seemed determined to ignore is that the OP had the first appointment of the day, he was there on time and yet other people went in before him. This is not right and never will be, unless those other people are emergency cases of some type. I would not put up with it either.

Let me make one point clear - I have never visited Leekpai's at 9am, so I don't know how it would work there. I'm assuming it would be on time unless an emergency arrives. Either way I don't care, because quality of work is way more important to me than any possible inconvenience of having to wait.

Let me make one point clear - I have never visited Leekpai's at 9am, so I don't know how it would work there. I'm assuming it would be on time unless an emergency arrives.

DisparateDan described what happened to him in this post and I have no reason to disbelieve him, though he didn't actually say that the dentist in question was the one you are talking about as apparently he was just making a general comment. It's a question of principal and if I had specifically booked the first appointment of the day somewhere I would be very annoyed also if I didn't get it.

Personally I generally book for mid-morning because I can't be bothered to get up and out at the crack of dawn, and being retired I have nothing else of importance to do with my day anyway.

DisparateDan described what happened to him in this post and I have no reason to disbelieve him, though he didn't actually say that the dentist in question was the one you are talking about as apparently he was just making a general comment. It's a question of principal and if I had specifically booked the first appointment of the day somewhere I would be very annoyed also if I didn't get it.

Personally I generally book for mid-morning because I can't be bothered to get up and out at the crack of dawn, and being retired I have nothing else of importance to do with my day anyway.

I'm well aware of that, but thanks for pointing out his name and linking his post again lest anyone forgets.

Travel german clinic

Best trust me on that one

Only 1 farang with licence in thailand

Good price and no pain

Its past TOT on 3rd rd...

They were so good that i recommend them every time. .

I had zirconium crown and root...

Prv me for web page

Edited by mataleo

Travel german clinic

Good price and no pain

Prv me for web page

Why not just post it here?

How much did you pay for a zirconium crown? What is a zirconium root?

Prv me for web page

Why not just post it here?

Yes, I cant see the point of not posting the link either.

Maybe it is this place: http://www.travel-dental.com/web_engl/start_engl.htm

That site mentions 65,000B as being the total cost of an implant. I paid 40,000B each for my two.

I just forgot link and had it in pc.

I wrote from phone.

When was that when u paid 40k

And may b not same material brand as theres many.

They use top quality.

And i paid less for zirconium crown and root.

Price was important factor for me.

And I compared many.

And acctualy went thete cuz price... I found them on net.

And end up to be very good.

And theres even farang talks thai and only 1 with licence in thailand...

They use top quality.

I paid 40K for my implants earlier this year. Apparently the parts used are a recognised brand-name (I cant remember what it is but will try and find out). I have no idea whether it is zirconium.

The price is still the same and I expect to be getting another one done shortly at the same place. This was a fixed all-in price. As with ++ pricing in restaurants, nothing p*sses me off more than the cheap trick of announcing a price and then adding numerous unavoidable extras to that price on the bill; such tactics are just plain dishonest and should be prohibited by law. Unfortunately Thai hospitals almost all seem to do this trick as a matter of course, and it is rare for the quoted price to actually be the price you pay. There is a lot of sharp practice in Thai business.

Edited by KittenKong

they are moved to South Pattaya near BIG C

http://www.travel-dental.com/images/kontakt/map-eurodental.jpg

http://www.travel-dental.com/web_engl/clinic.htm

Travel german clinic

Good price and no pain

Prv me for web page

Edited by MrJ

They use top quality.

I paid 40K for my implants earlier this year. Apparently the parts used are a recognised brand-name (I cant remember what it is but will try and find out). I have no idea whether it is zirconium.

The price is still the same and I expect to be getting another one done shortly at the same place. This was a fixed all-in price. As with ++ pricing in restaurants, nothing p*sses me off more than the cheap trick of announcing a price and then adding numerous unavoidable extras to that price on the bill; such tactics are just plain dishonest and should be prohibited by law. Unfortunately Thai hospitals almost all seem to do this trick as a matter of course, and it is rare for the quoted price to actually be the price you pay. There is a lot of sharp practice in Thai business.

price difference is b cuz theres different brands and different materials used

u get platinium, metal, porcelan, zirconium etc.

if u compare top thing in different dentists u will see they not more expensive and offten cheaper

for example I paid 2000 less for root treetment then i asked in others

and zirconium crown was cheaper aswell

I was with thai guy, dentist doing it, he was very good, no pain at all...

I had never crown done thats was my first and root i had when i was kid, so i was concern a bit at beggining but then after 5 min I was like this is nothing, I was falling in sleep while he was doing it. (well i was parting whole night, so from club stright to dentist :)

Many places just charge more for the same thing.
Possibly

But u can ask its same. I guess not.

I understand that they can be different, but with all the different companies pushing different products (palladium/gold crowns, zirconium crowns etc etc) who would know what's better. Most people don't study chemistry and wouldn't even know what palladium or zirconium is, never mind understand their significance in regard to dental use.

I did notice there is a push by German "researchers" to damn palladium and talk up zirconium. Perhaps your German dentist is on this bandwagon.

It's a complex science that will be very difficult to prove one way or another.

My gold/palladium crown costs 8000 at Leepai's. How much would I pay for a zirconium crown and why should I care? Even the idea of a price list of different alloys (or different percentages of gold/palladium in my case) seems quite ridiculous for the average Joe walking into a dental clinic. Perhaps he should choose the most expensive alloy, hoping that more expensive must be better. Even the dentist didn't have many answers as I asked him about the differences.

I did read on one site that palladium can poison the body and cause fatigue. I had to laugh. Most everything causes fatigue, but next time I'm fatigued (which is quite often) I can blame my gold/palladium crown.biggrin.png Others can blame their amalgam fillings. My goodness, we've been scared to death by mercury poisoning, now we have to consider palladium poisoning, which apparently is far worse.

LOL. I'm going to stick my head in the sand and hope that palladium is not making me tired.

Edited by tropo

Possibly

I understand that they can be different, but with all the different companies pushing different products (palladium/gold crowns, zirconium crowns etc etc) who would know what's better. Most people don't study chemistry and wouldn't even know what palladium or zirconium is, never mind understand their significance in regard to dental use.

I did notice there is a push by German "researchers" to damn palladium and talk up zirconium. Perhaps your German dentist is on this bandwagon.

My gold/palladium crown costs 8000 at Leepai's. How much would I pay for a zirconium crown and why should I care? Even the idea of a price list of different alloys (or different percentages of gold/palladium in my case) seems quite ridiculous for the average Joe walking into a dental clinic. Perhaps he should choose the most expensive alloy, hoping that more expensive must be better. Even the dentist didn't have many answers as I asked him about the differences.

I did read on one site that palladium can poison the body and cause fatigue. I had to laugh. Most everything causes fatigue, but next time I'm fatigued (which is quite often) I can blame my gold/palladium crown.biggrin.png Others can blame their amalgam fillings. My goodness, we've been scared to death by mercury poisoning, now we have to consider palladium poisoning, which apparently is far worse.

LOL. I'm going to stick my head in the sand and hope that palladium is not making me tired.

I think I paid 10k for zirconium crown but not sure...

So 2000 more for best material.

My point was I didnt want to have any metals in my mouth.

Zirconium is bio compatible like titanium.

I never knew palladium is... Hmm sounds radioactive to me.

I think u mean titanium not palladium

Palladium thays what they use for dirty bombs ...

Possibly

Can some one help me on the directions. I spent about an hour up & down 3rd rd & central & could not find either the address or the dentist by asking 7 dental shops on central & 2 on 3rd. rd. I even walked for 5 blocks in all directions. Is it upstairs across from the hormone therapy business?

I have an appt. the 17th of this month & unfortunately the only question I had was where is it & the girl was really confused & kept on telling me the time. She said right across from Family mart. There is no family mart anywhere near the area.

On the other note A Root Canal you can see a darker area on the Xray if you ask you can see the difference of a healthy tooth or a tooth in need of a root canal.

I have 13 teeth in the upper mouth that have root canals done & totally disagree on the BS on the root canal post from you tube.

2 times a year for scaling teeth at most unless you have a receding gum line or gum problems.I only do once a year in the states & she does not use an ultrasound but does a great thorough deep cleaning.Takes 2 hours but worth every penny I spend on it. Thai dentists prefer the quick ultrasound & it really is only effective on the surface for cleaning.

Thanks for the directions. I am not sure why it is so tough to find. 1st time in 11 years here I have not been able to find from the directions on the map of the site.

It is 3rd & Pattaya Klang(central) across from TOT ,Thips cafe, & hormone therapy?

Thanks again

Can some one help me on the directions. I spent about an hour up & down 3rd rd & central & could not find either the address or the dentist by asking 7 dental shops on central & 2 on 3rd. rd. I even walked for 5 blocks in all directions. Is it upstairs across from the hormone therapy business?

I have an appt. the 17th of this month & unfortunately the only question I had was where is it & the girl was really confused & kept on telling me the time. She said right across from Family mart. There is no family mart anywhere near the area.

On the other note A Root Canal you can see a darker area on the Xray if you ask you can see the difference of a healthy tooth or a tooth in need of a root canal.

I have 13 teeth in the upper mouth that have root canals done & totally disagree on the BS on the root canal post from you tube.

2 times a year for scaling teeth at most unless you have a receding gum line or gum problems.I only do once a year in the states & she does not use an ultrasound but does a great thorough deep cleaning.Takes 2 hours but worth every penny I spend on it. Thai dentists prefer the quick ultrasound & it really is only effective on the surface for cleaning.

Thanks for the directions. I am not sure why it is so tough to find. 1st time in 11 years here I have not been able to find from the directions on the map of the site.

It is 3rd & Pattaya Klang(central) across from TOT ,Thips cafe, & hormone therapy?

Thanks again

If you are looking for Dr Warins clinic it is directly opposite the Family Mart Soi 10 on Central Road.

I know because I live in soi 10.smile.png

I think I paid 10k for zirconium crown but not sure...

So 2000 more for best material.

My point was I didnt want to have any metals in my mouth.

Zirconium is bio compatible like titanium.

No, I mean palladium. Plutonium is the radioactive element used in nuclear reactors/bombs.

The only reason you think zirconium is better is because someone convinced you of that. Considering that you don't know what palladium is, how could you make an informed decision about which is the best material?

Zirconium and palladium are both metals of fairly similar appearance. Palladium is silvery-white and zirconium is greyish-white.

They are both used to make PFM (porcelain fused to metal) crowns. They can also use platinum, silver, copper and tin.

I think the 10k you paid is fine and you've probably got a long lasting crown.

The skill of the dentist installing them is more important than the material used. I found this out the hard way when a dentist did a lousy job of installing an expensive gold inlay about 10 years ago.

Edited by tropo

No, I mean palladium. Plutonium is the radioactive element used in nuclear reactors/bombs.

The only reason you think zirconium is better is because someone convinced you of that. Considering that you don't know what palladium is, how could you make an informed decision about which is the best material?

Tony Stark knows something about palladium and its uses and dangers.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/36998742/ns/technology_and_science-innovation/t/iron-man-fiction-tech-behind-him-not/#.VDEDnBbziCQ