180 baht charged on kadikorn

Yesterday first time I recognized

I take 25 k from my visa with kadikorn ATM 189 baht has been charged!

Does it go up same now on all Thai banks!

In Cambodia I withdrawal 1500 US dollar for save and wait the exchange rate to Thai baht go up

No fees was charged in canadian bank on all 4 withdrawals

Last year on anz bank was 2 dollar

Thai banks have been charging an ATM foreign card use fee of Bt150 for years. A few months back most banks changed to Bt150 for a foreign Visa card and Bt180 for foreign a Mastercard card. Also, a few months ago AEON ATM started charging a fee of Bt150 for foreign cards. So, now regardless of ATM used in Thailand--Thai bank or AEON--there will be a Bt150 or Bt180 fee charged by the ATM when using a foreign Visa/Mastercard debit/credit card. Many threads/posts in ThaiVisa about this fee.

Now above mentioned fees are the local ATM fee; it has nothing to do with any foreign transaction fee your card-issuing bank may apply...seems most cards do carry such a fee of a few percent and/or a flat fee.

So, this means you will be charged a Bt150/Bt180 local ATM use fee when using a foreign Visa/Mastercard and you also may be charged a foreign transaction fee by your card-issuing bank.

P.S. Over the last few months most Thai banks have also raised their travelers cheques cashing fee from 30 baht plus 3 baht stamp duty per cheque to 150 baht plus 3 baht stamp duty per cheque. Basically the govt stamp duty remained at 3 baht but Thai banks increased their fee 5-fold from 30 to 150 baht bring the total fee per cheque to 153 baht. Summary: each traveler cheque now costs 153 baht to cash so if using travelers cheques use large denomination cheques to minimize the fee hit.

• Like 2

Thai banks have been charging an ATM foreign card use fee of Bt150 for years. A few months back most banks changed to Bt150 for a foreign Visa card and Bt180 for foreign a Mastercard card. Also, a few months ago AEON ATM started charging a fee of Bt150 for foreign cards. So, now regardless of ATM used in Thailand--Thai bank or AEON--there will be a Bt150 or Bt180 fee charged by the ATM when using a foreign Visa/Mastercard debit/credit card. Many threads/posts in ThaiVisa about this fee.

Now above mentioned fees are the local ATM fee; it has nothing to do with any foreign transaction fee your card-issuing bank may apply...seems most cards do carry such a fee of a few percent and/or a flat fee.

So, this means you will be charged a Bt150/Bt180 local ATM use fee when using a foreign Visa/Mastercard and you also may be charged a foreign transaction fee by your card-issuing bank.

P.S. Over the last few months most Thai banks have also raised their travelers cheques cashing fee from 30 baht plus 3 baht stamp duty per cheque to 150 baht plus 3 baht stamp duty per cheque. Basically the govt stamp duty remained at 3 baht but Thai banks increased their fee 5-fold from 30 to 150 baht bring the total fee per cheque to 153 baht. Summary: each traveler cheque now costs 153 baht to cash so if using travelers cheques use large denomination cheques to minimize the fee hit.

It shows how the banks must collude, when they all increase their charges by the same amount at the same time. I still have a few un-cashed travellers cheques that I must now pay their ridiculous fee to change.

I am now looking at a "My Travel Cash" pre-paid credit card for extra travel money.

All Thai banks "may" not have raised their travelers cheques cashing fee yet...takes a little while for all of them to get in bed with each other. Check with the bank first...I noticed a few days ago the Kasikorn Bank website still refected the 30+3 baht per cheque fee, but maybe they just haven't updated their website yet and are indeed using the 153 baht fee now.

Draw over the counter and wont pay the 180 baht ATM Fee. You'll need to show your passport.

As mentioned in other recent threads this method does indeed work with no local bank fee "if" your bank branch will do a counter withdrawal for a debit card....some will; some will not. The ones that will not usually just point you to their ATM. Same applies for a credit card but the great majority of credit cards carry a cash advance fee even if they don't carry a foreign transaction fee. At the Bangkok Bank branch I use they will not do a counter withdrawal using my debit card...they just grin and point me to their ATM. However, they will do a counter withdrawal with my credit card (which is a no cash advance or foreign transaction fee credit card)...they grin once again and process the counter withdrawal no problem. Then I go home, logon to my credit card account to make a same day advance payment to equal the amount I just withdrew to avoid any interest charge. So, I get my money with absolutely no fees anywhere along the way. Even though my Bangkok Bank branch will not accept a debit card for a counter withdrawal they have been reports of other branches that do. Once again, policies can vary from branch to branch.

• Like 1

Can someone confirm that

A American Express gold card has no fees on Bangkok bank ATM ?

See below from Bangkok Bank website...sure appears so......and also for other cards "if the card-issuing bank" is part of the MEPS/ATM Pool. MEPS possibly stands for Malaysian Electronic Payment System.

post-55970-0-40130000-1398745715_thumb.j

Edited by Pib

All Thai banks "may" not have raised their travelers cheques cashing fee yet...takes a little while for all of them to get in bed with each other. Check with the bank first...I noticed a few days ago the Kasikorn Bank website still refected the 30+3 baht per cheque fee, but maybe they just haven't updated their website yet and are indeed using the 153 baht fee now.

I'm pretty sure Kasikorn hit me for THB153 / cheque in March for £100 x10.

Today I asked my local forex place of the possibility of getting £200 denominations. Was told no way. They have changed the parameters and £100's are the max as they are trying to phase them out.