'orrible weekend comiong up

JoePai

I think the short run is only a few kilometers. I will certainly do the "ball buster". Not all Hashers are overweight alcoholicsburp.gif

There's absolutely no social stigma attached to being an aficionado of the 'women's and wimps' trail.

I hared a couple of has runs in Houston several years ago where they were used to inner-city pavement pounding so I introduced them to the wide open spaces out the Katy Freeway. It royally buggered up the couple that liked to run while bouncing a squash ball (honestly!) and the guy who insisted on taking his bloody bike on the run rather sheepishly surrendered it to the back of my pickup at the water check... where I served an anchovy with a peach schnapps chaser in lieu of any water.

On-On

Never said there was. The guys I am bringing from Siem Reap are all going for the shorter runs/ walks but I am training for a Marathon and need to get the miles in (and work on my beer thirst).

Plus, it will be the Nash Hash with 300 Hashers expected (including me). You'd better hide.

But if the bars are closed you will have an issue, because I heard that hashers can't run stumble if no beer is involved.

Ahem, you thought we have not planned for that;-) Incidentally, I heard the long run is 17K, I would not call that a stumble......

ok...lets call it a bumble...

There is a bar closing coming up I want say May 13.

You're correct.

Just for info, checked on the Thai public holidays for 2014, there are only 33 of them this year! It's a wonder any work gets done here!

I think you are wrong. Thailand has 16 Public Holidays, the other days are National Observances which are not holidays. Cambodia still rules with 29 public holidays.

You're correct.

Just for info, checked on the Thai public holidays for 2014, there are only 33 of them this year! It's a wonder any work gets done here!

I think you are wrong. Thailand has 16 Public Holidays, the other days are National Observances which are not holidays. Cambodia still rules with 29 public holidays.

Try telling any local in employment in this country!

Once you've sorted that, can you put the Middle East crisis right? There's a good man.

You're correct.

Try telling any local in employment in this country!

Once you've sorted that, can you put the Middle East crisis right? There's a good man.

Hmm, my girlfriend is Thai and only gets the official holidays. I am not Cambodian but I still get all 29 days:-). Oh, and hold the sarcasm, too earlywink.png

You're correct.

17 public holidays this year, it varies from year to year,

You're correct.

17 public holidays this year, it varies from year to year,

According to this calendar there are 20 National holidays. Add to that the 9 observances, the bank holidays and the extra days they take, like at least 4 days with new year and 1 week with Chinese new year, and we're soon at 50+ days.

Then I understand that each employee has 2 holidays a month to take, that is 50+24=74 and 104 Saturdays and Sundays that will make 178 days in total.

Are sick days paid in Thailand ? whistling.gif

I don;t know what annual leave and two-week ends have to do with this. As a matter of fact, most people I know (admittedly in the hospitality business) have a 6-day working week and 18 days annual leave.

It is, indeed, looking like a "horrible weekend," that is, if you are not Thai and do not life extreme noise and traffic jams. I was up at 7:45 this morning and the parking places all up and down Jomtien Beach were already taken. The traffic is horrible at the moment (mid-afternoon). I think Thais are looking for any excuse to get away from the political disturbances, extreme heat and traffic jams in Bangkok, only to find extreme heat and traffic jams in Pattayastok-Jomtienski. At least we do not have political disturbances here, just a lot of mentally disturbed people :) I'm melting, melting, melting...........

It pays to live close to your favorite bar.

It pays even more not to be dependent on a bar.

Oh, mitigate the risk by choosing it in an area w/ other good ones quite nearby, just in case. If you live around LK Metro, for example, you should be covered for the foreseeable future.

The traffic is horrible at the moment. Sukhumvit, 3rd Road completely busy. Also Thrappaya Road. Why the BiB do not their job? Traffic lights are red and even large coaches don't stop. Then they block the entire crossroad. Senseless.

btw; On my road trip from Thrappaya Rd. to Foodland and back i saw 4 accidents. That's is because nobody leave to the other road users even only 1cm space. Doesn't matter who have precedence.

I thought, the stupidity out there couldn't go lower. But, i was wrong.

The traffic is horrible at the moment. Sukhumvit, 3rd Road completely busy. Also Thrappaya Road. Why the BiB do not their job? Traffic lights are red and even large coaches don't stop. Then they block the entire crossroad. Senseless.

btw; On my road trip from Thrappaya Rd. to Foodland and back i saw 4 accidents. That's is because nobody leave to the other road users even only 1cm space. Doesn't matter who have precedence.

I thought, the stupidity out there couldn't go lower. But, i was wrong.

Yep, just gets worse and worse falling in the inevitable spiral of DOOM. Flee!

What is happening ? It took me one hour from Jomtien to S-pattaya rd. This is terrible, stay home ! Low season? LMAO.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by balo

You should fill blessed...living in the Pattaya area...the crowds...the heat...the traffic...are everyday business in BKK...

We do! Even the old Doomsayers love Pattaya and will never leave because they love hating it so much.

Hahaha, what a brilliant line, Jsixpack ! (and soooo true). Thanks, it's so good to laugh first thing in the morning :-))

Blimey, you're very easily pleased!

Did you hear the one about the Englishman, Scotman and Welshman...

What is happening ? It took me one hour from Jomtien to S-pattaya rd. This is terrible, stay home ! Low season? LMAO.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Bangkok is coming to town. Actually, Google maps does have live traffic on Sukhumvit (although no others in Pattaya) and it does seem to update fairly regularly. It at least gives some indication what its like out there and when it might be safe to venture out.

You should fill blessed...living in the Pattaya area...the crowds...the heat...the traffic...are everyday business in BKK...

We do! Even the old Doomsayers love Pattaya and will never leave because they love hating it so much.

Hahaha, what a brilliant line, Jsixpack ! (and soooo true). Thanks, it's so good to laugh first thing in the morning :-))

Blimey, you're very easily pleased!

Did you hear the one about the Englishman, Scotman and Welshman...

Scotsman. (Catch up on the news here: http://www.scotsman.com/.) None of that low racist Brit humor, please. We've become very PC around here, esp. since the Jeremy Clarkson debacle.

Actually I was merely stating a fact. Our doomsayers simply can't understand anyone liking Pattaya. Say something good about living here, or just objectively and realistically point out some advantage to some change, and they invite you to leave--the suggestion being that to live here, you must hate it as they do!

Edited by JSixpack

So the weekend has arrived, and it is indeed 'orrible.

The police of course are of great help in creating the hub of traffic jams, as I noticed that this afternoon they have taken position all along the major roads, to assure that traffic will not flow.

Blocking side sois, without any signage of course, and overriding the traffic lights.

Driving in Pattaya is a nightmare all the time with the low skills displayed. Add a long weekend and it is so much worse. Bangkok driving skills mixed with Pattaya driving skills is a farce. And the police are no help. I don't venture too far away.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app