Nattawut: Red shirts to stage major rally next month

webfact

Red shirts to stage major rally next month
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Deputy Commerce Minister Nattawut Saikua, who is also secretary-general of the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD), said the UDD would call a major rally on Aksa road in Nakhon Pathom in a show of force next month.

The rally will be held in response to a ruling by the Constitutional Court on whether caretaker PM Yingluck Shinawatra violated the charter over the unlawful transfer of National Security Council chief Thawil Pliensri.

He said the UDD would hold a sit-in protest and the group would decide later whether the rally would be prolonged, depending on the situation and whether they feel the court verdict is fair or not.

"We are ready to hold a month-long protest but not as long as six to seven months like the anti-government protest of the People's Democratic Reform Committee,'' he said.

Meanwhile, PDRC chief Suthep Thaugsuban will make an announcement at 7pm on Wednesday April 30 on its stage at Lumpini Park, about its "last" attempt to bring down the caretaker government.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-28

"We are ready to hold a month-long protest but not as long as six to seven months like the anti-government protest of the People's Democratic Reform Committee,'' he said.

Money, to pay the red shirts, running out Nattawut?

Why don't you ask your master in Dubai for some?

Or he also started letting you down?

• Like 2

maybe the thousands of reds on this forum could go to bolster these huge huge figures that are bound to be there...its ok red farangs are ok to protest for this vile government you will be very safe...put your money where your mouth is guys coffee1.gif

Red shirts to stage major rally next month

Truth is, nobody cares. The only thing that could put some zing back into this situation is the Chalerm vs Suthep boxing match. Everyone wants to see it, there is money to be made, and neither one of them has ever turned down money.

• Like 2

and the sage continues coffee1.gif

Also the saga, although this being Thailand, could equally possibly be sago, as in 'sticky mess' ?

Meanwhile, another week, and another UDD-rally announcement, perhaps they're going for the hub-record ? rolleyes.gif

Edited by Ricardo

A month????

You have delusions of grandeur... the last one failed to make it through the second day and had to be called off at noon on the Sunday.

Run out of monry

Run out of things to say.

Run out of interest.

Run out of steam.

One month?...... Don't make me laugh.

He said the UDD would hold a sit-in protest and the group would decide later whether the rally would be prolonged, depending on the situation and whether they feel the court verdict is fair or not.

COURT VERDICT FAIR OR NOT?

To put it exactly,

Guilty - Not fair

Not guilty - FAIR!!!!!!!!

Bluffing or did Thak finally send enough money to pay the protestors to come this tine?

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I guess the problem is not the sending of the money. I guess the internal corruption is. And all know Thaksins time is limited so they want to fill their own pockets.

On every hand half the money keep sticking....

• Like 2

Trying to make sense of the situation (for myself)

Nattawut as head of UDD is calling for a mass rally to "show support" for Yingluck. Chalerm (I had better add SP or he might feel that he is being ignored) is saying that they don't want a rally. Surapong is making statements about security (as in getting the army off the street) Yingluck is missing in action (in all fairness she may argue that she has a court case to prepare for.

The only think that appears to be common to all of them is the belief that the CC will seek to have her removed - the question that everyone appears to be uncertain of is if this means the whole cabinet goes. Because PTP appears so convinced that she will go we should accept that is the presumption that is informing their action?

If we accept that Ko Tee (in his I love Yingluck but spit my dummy at every one else interview) then everyone is trying to position themselves for either: getting the gij as the CT-PM and or CT-PM + 1st on the party ticket.

In that environment it would make sense for Nattawut to try for a rally more to stake his claim for the leadership (under Thaksin of course), At the same time we can see why Chalerm would not want a rally - if the numbers are down then the threat that reds can be used for to intimate the Independent bodies and others is removed. If the numbers are high then Nattawut becomes a real threat in gaining the leadership, In either case it would affect his chance of being able to justify the removal of PRCD which is an ongoing testament to his inabilities. All of this leaves poor old Surapong trying to invent another lie so that people believe that he really is a viable candidate.

Personally I don't know if I would be more upset with high numbers because of the rural poor being put at personal risk for the political gains; or upset because low numbers would show just how disempowered they have been by the PTP government

PRO-GOVERNMENT CAMPAIGNS
Red shirts plan major rally in May

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Deputy Commerce Minister Nuttawut Saikuar, who is also secretary-general of the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD), said the UDD would call a major rally on Aksa Road in Nakhon Pathom in a show of force next Tuesday.

The rally will be held in response to a ruling by the Constitutional Court on whether caretaker PM Yingluck Shinawatra violated the charter over the unlawful transfer of National Security Council chief Thawil Pliensri.

Meanwhile, PDRC chief Suthep Thaugsuban will make an announcement at 7pm tomorrow on its stage at Lumpini Park, about its "last" attempt to bring down the caretaker government.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-29

She has already been found guilty by the Supreme Administrative Court so it is really only up to the Constitution Court to decide if that guilt warrants her impeachment.

That shouldn't be to difficult as it is only a matter of applying the law as set down in the constitution.

Of course any honorable PM would have resigned upon being found guilty in the first place.

But when you have to defend democracy one must hang on to the last broken toe nail.

As for Nattawat, he appears to be defying the court on his bail conditions.

• Like 1

Yeah, depends if there is a coup, martial law, etc.

Ok, so Thaksin's leadership style is to only work with people more stupid then himself, this way he feels he won't be outsmarted from within. But jeez, at least he could have come up with a new bunch of morons.

• Like 1

The worry is not how many actually numbers they get to their rally,

but how many violence prone zealots will show up and go out to cause

chaos based on the Red's stage rhetoric.

They don't need a half million showing up at a rally to prove their red faith,

but 10,000 nutters on the loose, causing random violence to allow Chalerm

to create focused violence for his side is a much greater worry.

They can say whatever they want about rally numbers,

the problem is those that DO show up are hardcores.

I actually hope they don't go ahead with this.

Why drag yourself down to the level of the yellows in the park.

It's ok to make allegations of where the red money comes from but don't dare question who's supplying the peoples medium with the cash.

No they are as pure as the driven snow!

The Reds are already at such a low and violent level that will be impossible to match. Unless you come with nuclear weapons or something.

So as I understand the situayion if Yigluck is found guilty of breaking the laws of Thailand (which actually apply to ALL the Thai people) and sentenced then the UDD/RedShirts will not accept that verdict and will infact break the law themselves unless the protest is peaceful.

Where does that leave Nattawut who is only allowed on bail provided he behaves himself.

As well as being a leader of the PTP he is ALSO a government minister sworn to uphold the laws of Thailand.

Which hat will he waer at the protest? Th only suitable one is the conical one with the big D in the front.

post-5614-0-80282800-1398754057_thumb.gi post-5614-0-86300500-1398754076_thumb.jp

So as I understand the situayion if Yigluck is found guilty of breaking the laws of Thailand (which actually apply to ALL the Thai people) and sentenced then the UDD/RedShirts will not accept that verdict and will infact break the law themselves unless the protest is peaceful.

Where does that leave Nattawut who is only allowed on bail provided he behaves himself.

As well as being a leader of the PTP he is ALSO a government minister sworn to uphold the laws of Thailand.

Which hat will he waer at the protest? Th only suitable one is the conical one with the big D in the front.

attachicon.gifdunce-cap-1.gif attachicon.gifdunces cap 2.jpg

probably a cooks hat. He will have a BBQ for the half dozen that show up...unless of course, the money-man in Dubai sends funds for the rent-a-Crowd

• Like 1

I actually hope they don't go ahead with this.

Why drag yourself down to the level of the yellows in the park.

It's ok to make allegations of where the red money comes from but don't dare question who's supplying the peoples medium with the cash.

No they are as pure as the driven snow!

Face saving back peddling of the lamest kind. This is the equivalent of going ''Well I didn't want it anyway'' when you can't get what you wanted. The reds face has been lost already, all that remains is for the minority of red sheeple to turn to violence as they did before. I hope the army will be ready to deal with the rioters when they start up....It's over whether the sheeple choose to believe it or not, the wheels are in motion and the end, of this chapter at least, is nigh...