Has anyone ever opened an account at LH Bank on a Retirement visa?

The LH bank

They are providing a savings account with immediate access i.e this is not a Time Deposit Account

They are paying 2.7% p/a.

The deposit needed has to be between 500,000 and 30,000,000 Bhart.

Further Restrictions (That need confirming)

I was told that they can only accept foreign applications with a work permit. But I know from experience that this is always the first statement that is made by bank staff on the front line (Kasikorn and Tisco told me the same on my first application). It seems that the manual that they refer doesn't mention retirement visa. However eventually after investing time and making several calls someone more senior has always agreed that the bank will accept my application. However this process can be time consuming and frustrating.

To ensure I am on the right track:

Has anyone on Retirement Visa applied and been accepted for an account at the LH Bank?

yes me.

you need to read the bank interest forum its all there.

Thanks Meatboy - Just what I needed to hear, since every bank seems to start with the same i.e No work permit then no account opening so now I invest the time knowing - For a quick insight Which branch did you open your account?

yes me.

Thanks Meatboy - Just what I needed to hear, since every bank seems to start with the same i.e No work permit then no account opening so now I invest the time knowing - For a quick insight Which branch did you open your account?

yes I find it strange that there are a lot of banks asking for work permits,i have never been asked and have accs with,

L AND H,BKK.B.,TGSB,as I am past oap and look to old to work.i know about the acc.your talking about as I have my retirement extension money there for 15months they asked do I want the int.paid monthy into acc.under 500k at 2%.

• Like 1

yes me.

yes I find it strange that there are a lot of banks asking for work permits,i have never been asked and have accs with,

L AND H,BKK.B.,TGSB,as I am past oap and look to old to work.i know about the acc.your talking about as I have my retirement extension money there for 15months they asked do I want the int.paid monthy into acc.under 500k at 2%.

Which branch did you open you L AND H account?

yes me.

Which branch did you open you L AND H account?

sorry a bit late replying just got back from my weekly therapy session at HOME PRO,the branch is at the mall in korat.

• Like 1

Branch at Big C Extra in Pattaya - opened fixed deposit no WP and no problem.

Good Info topt - Thanks

I was refused at Banglamphu yesterday - Rang call center today - 30 mins ago - They say is OK with retirement Visa - They are calling the branch - So hopefully I can get them to give me clearance this way.

If Not - I will jump on a bus (Wed or Friday) from Ekamai and get a Songthew down to the Beach rd - Then Songthew up Central Pattay rd - And go to Big C there to open an account.

Thanks again.

I finally got the right to apply for the account after calling the call center and I only need to provide passport and proof of living in Thailand for last 3 years unbroken.

The 3 years is not a prerequisite time - It is just that they asked me how long I had been living at the same address I had been in Thailand and I gave 3 years. I am guessing that any time (subjectively long enough) supported by the rental agreement will suffice plus a passport with retirement visa would have done it.

Hope this helps.

The Wife and Daughter both opened accounts at LH bank,

although nothing to do with work permits etc, just hope the

2.70% interest rate,is not just "bait and switch",as they can

change the rate at anytime and don't need to advise you.

OK if the Central bank changes rate,but will be keeping an

eye to see how long this 2.70% rate lasts,its a pity you cannot

trust banks now.

regards Worgeordie