V-Rod yes or no?

Sakeopete

What do you guys think about the V-Rod? I haven't rode a real bike since I sold my ZX9R a few years ago. I love the look of the V-Rod and I'm guessing it would be more comfortable than a pure sport bike. Any opinions or first hand experience owning a V-Rod?

I'm looking at older ones as I don't like the style of the new model.

I think it would be ideal in Thailand. It doesn't sell well or hold its value well in the States like like the twin cylinder single pin crank versions do.

The engine is totally different from other Harleys and was designed by Porche. The whole bike sounds, runs, handles and looks more like a sports bike.

I've ridden them and they handle very well and are comfortable. The only thing you'll miss if you want to be a Harley guy is that single pin sound, but you'll gain some power.

• Like 1

Go for it, I've owned one for 3 years and I'm very impressed with the power comfort, downside for me is that it needs to have some V&H slip on to make it sound more like a Harley & some HD purists don't really regard it as a HD. - being liquid cooled and all that.

& Yes I also own a traditional HD Dyna, great bikes. Love 'em both

hi, sorry i know its not what you asked but as the vulcan (custom) has been mentioned i thought id just have a quick vouch for it, previous owner did a great job on this to make it look a great deal better than custom. very comfy, great to ride and with a few mods can look and sound great n alot cheaper han a v-rod i guess. heres mine. im sure you'd be more than happy with a v-rod though if its what your after and happy with the price, you wont lose alot on re-sale anyway. cheers

post-36585-0-72763700-1398949693_thumb.j

post-36585-0-34017900-1398949696_thumb.j