Where to get a cold beer with a/c in CM?

Wopanese

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I did a search for a thread but can't find anything. Just looking for suggestions where I can get a nice cold beer and maybe an appetizer in a place that's got air conditioning in CM, in the old city or not too far out, say a 15 minute ride. Not looking for hotel bars like the Meridien where a small bottle of beer once set me back 240 baht. I have been to the beer area in the basement of Kad Suan Kaew where they have the Elvis dude singing, and it is indeed air conditioned and the beers are reasonably priced. Just want to have other options. Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

In the Night Bazaar area:

O'Malleys Irish Pub in the Anusarn Night Bazaar. The Dukes restaurant. Le Bistrot beer garden at the Suriwongse hotel has indoor seating available.

For something with more scenery... Foxy Lady. laugh.png

• Like 1

Well, since you're into mall basements, the Rim Ping grocery store in the basement of the new Maya mall has a little restaurant where you can order appetizers and inexpensive beer. Don't know the price for beer, but a glass of fine Mont Clair is only 60 baht. Great air con. No Elvis singer, though

• Like 1

Well, since you're into mall basements, the Rim Ping grocery store in the basement of the new Maya mall has a little restaurant where you can order appetizers and inexpensive beer. Don't know the price for beer, but a glass of fine Mont Clair is only 60 baht. Great air con. No Elvis singer, though

IMHO, "fine" and "Mont Clair" do not belong in the same sentence. Still, I'm partial to it and 60 baht is indeed a bargain, so thanks for the tip. Beats drinking some nondescript colored ice sugar water while I wait for Mrs T.

No Elvis is a bummer, but I'll console myself with an extra glass of Mont Clair.

T

• Like 2

7-11?

See enough lost souls drinking on the steps, outside. Possible inside, anyone?

Another area where Cambodia trumps Thailand .. their eqivalents to 7/11 have seating inside next to the window where you can drink beer eat snacks in a/c comfort watching the world go by .. oh and at 60c for a can of Anchor some of them even serve up draft in a pitcher

In CM Pathip Plaza food court has beer .. and a/c.. also the big Tesco food courts and Big C.

Pity that cowboy themed bar/rest closed that was on the top floor at Airport Plaza .. Yee Ha!

Big C on the super hwy can be fun. Cold a/c, cheap beer (towers, anyone?), lots of very nice looking beer servers.

Atmosphere is bright fluorescent lighting with chairs and tables like a school cafeteria, but...see above.

Big C on the super hwy can be fun. Cold a/c, cheap beer (towers, anyone?), lots of very nice looking beer servers.

Atmosphere is bright fluorescent lighting with chairs and tables like a school cafeteria, but...see above.

If you mean the old one at Don Chan, I totally agree, a lot of very attractive women come through there. A great place to have a cold tower and "people watch".

+1

A jug of Chang sot is only 105 baht.

I used to drink Singha but I am fed up of their underhand price increases, i.e. first reducing the alcohol content to 5% and then reducing the size of the bottles by more than they lowered the price (proportionally).

Not really keen on Heineken and I think Chang is rough stuff to be honest. The sort of beer that would be aimed at Tenants Super drinkers in the UK

Edited by inthepink
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Drinking Chang in Big C. It doesn't get any classier than that.

cheesy.gif

^ Feel free to drink, Heineken, Tiger or Asahi.

cheesy.gif You guys have it down pat all the bases covered.

re

It's the one at the bus station, the new Mall, they also have a Rimping and there are also 2 nice bars on the rooftop!

hes right .... here ya go smile.png

dave2

Dave you missed the pictures of the 24 hour McDonald's and 24 hour Subway. clap2.gif

Years back folks used to go to Spotlight (next to POP Cars near Thapae Gate) when it was hot as it was the only place with air con (easy to ignore the pole dancers in their padded bikinis) - its still there, so is one choice perhaps. Personally cold beer during the day is best sitting in the shade outside the bar.

7-11?

Another area where Cambodia trumps Thailand .. their eqivalents to 7/11 have seating inside next to the window where you can drink beer eat snacks in a/c comfort watching the world go by .. oh and at 60c for a can of Anchor some of them even serve up draft in a pitcher

In CM Pathip Plaza food court has beer .. and a/c.. also the big Tesco food courts and Big C.

Pity that cowboy themed bar/rest closed that was on the top floor at Airport Plaza .. Yee Ha!

I agree about the cowboy place - nice to sit back and have a beer, chat up the cowgirls and the grub was good too (although they used to shut at 9 which was a bummer - especially as the cinema is open past midnight). Now a crappy overpriced restaurant/coffee shop :(

7-11?

There are a couple of 7-Eleven's in Bangkok (the very large one on or near Th. Khao San comes to mind) where they have comfortable seating, ice cold A/C, and you can order a freshly made cappuccino and croissant, drink a beer, or select from more than 30 brands of drinking water. I actually kind of like that 7-Eleven as it's a great place for people watching and the coffee is very good. It's amazing how many tourists ask the clerks for help in selecting a brand of drinking water!

Edited by elektrified