Free Ubc?

dave111223

So the tech in my condo asked me if i wanted UBC hooked up for a 1 time fee of 4,000 baht *for all channels forever*.

Obviously hes just going to hook me up to someone else's dish with an descrambling box etc...

I know in the US if you get caught stealing cable you get totally screwed (5 year jail and like $100,000 fines), is it the same here? For example if my free UBC was somehow discovered how much would it cost me to make it go away?

Anyone have any experience with this kind of thing, as i wonder if UBC changes their encyption then is my 4,000 baht down the drain?

More than a few thousand baht,

UBC from the Guy: 4,000 baht

UBC from UBC:

Installation: 9,500

Deposit: 2,000

Equipment: 150 per month

UBC PLATINUM PACKAGE: 2,000 per month

Thats savings of 33,300 baht in the first year and 28,000 in each subsequent year?

Anyone have any experience with this kind of thing, as i wonder if UBC changes their encyption then is my 4,000 baht down the drain?

A friend of mine did this in Bkk in a condo. It was discovered by UBC after a few months - he was out of the country at the time and no further action was taken. Of course, he lost his Bt4K and is not sure what to do about a future TV connection. The guy (UBC Tech. who connected it in the first place) and who disconnected it asked it he wanted it reconnected again!