• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Time Perhaps For Yet Another Pound/Baht Debate?

I've read some credible articles recently suggesting that UK interest rates may not be increased for quite some time, simply, anything more than a half percent increase would push large numbers of mortgage holders over the edge and remember, this is a consumer led recovery.

I think the key to the future of the pair rests in the value of USD, when it starts to strengthen against GBP we'll begin to see a stronger Baht, if that coincides with an ending of the political uncertainty that could further add to its strength. The key question I think is how low will THB go before it reverses 55, 57 or something else entirely.

For anyone reading this then the pound will remain strong for a very longtime.. Ignore the USD strengthening malarkey ..

And how long is a "very long time", just in broad terms, weeks, months, years?

How ironic, your having a pop at someone about a time element and in the previous post you said "when it starts" so is that just in broad terms, weeks, months, years?

Taking a pop. that's a very shallow view!

I asked the troll poster a sincere question, I wanted to elicit his/her/its views on why and how long. I've tried to do so several times previously and have even provided the elusive thread he/she/it claimed no longer existed - interesting that others have also tried to engage said bridge dweller in debate, always unsuccessfully, read the thread and you'll understand the picture.

Despite my providing inputs for the debate, the troll poster always returns to the same protocol, silence for a month or two and then an abusive outburst that expresses a view without any supportive or collaborative arguments, GBP is good, THB is bad, really!

BTW and for the benefit of the troll: you will have noted I guess that GBP/THB fell by nearly 1 baht, today, discuss economic recovery, UK deficit/debt and the reasons why, I challenge you.

Edited by chiang mai

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic