Red shirts force cancellation of a charity concert

webfact

Red shirts forced cancellation of a charity concert

5-1-2014-10-57-47-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A charity concert to raise fund for needy students in Sakhon Nakhon province on Thursday was cancelled after red-short followers protested against the main singer accusing him of being a supporter of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee.

About 300 red-shirt followers of the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship staged a protest at the concert venue in front of the provincial bus terminal after they learned that one of the singers, Pongsit Kampee, would perform at the concert.

The concert organizer tried to convince leaders of the red-shirt group to allow the concert to go on claiming that all proceeds from the event would be given to poor students in Sakhon Nakhon.

The red-shirt leaders however refused to budge saying that Pongsit was a supporter of PDRC and was, therefore not welcome in Sakhon Nakhon. The organizer had to scrap the concert and apologized the fans for the unexpected inconvenience.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/red-shirts-forced-cancellation-charity-concert/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-05-02

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The red shirt argument regarding who is or isn't acceptable is a feature of totalitarianism. Good luck with convincing red shirt supporters of that, however. As far as they are concerned the argument is simple. It's apparently this :

- they should have known this community doesn't accept people " like that ".

- it's there own fault for being who they are, and going where they are not wanted.

- the manager should apologize - not for the suppression of a man who wants to contribute to charity - but for inviting someone they don't want in their community.

Edited by Scamper
  • Like 1

^ Perhaps they shouldn't have, but it just goes to show how low these people are. I blame them 100%. Wherever they go and whatever they do causes people anguish and holds this country back!

Yes it is wrong to disrupt a charity event, but let's not forget that this is a total photocopy of what the PDRC/Yellows did at the Red Cross charity event on Phuket. I you are going to condemn and hang the reds then you need to equally condemn the yellows.

Beat me to it, those who go on a anti red rant don't seem to hold the same views when their beloved leader gets his yellow mob to do the same.

Both sides show their selfishness by blocking charity events

• Like 2

The concert organizers should have know what would happen if they had a proven anti government protestor on stage. Don't blame the Reds blame the organizer of the event.

What twisted logic! Tell us how there can be free and fair elections in this place. You can vote on anything you want as long as it's PTP?

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The concert organizers should have know what would happen if they had a proven anti government protestor on stage. Don't blame the Reds blame the organizer of the event.

Why do you blame the organiser , in a democracy ,that the UDD supposedly stands for, anyone can perform regardless of political preference , religion, gender ,etc the entertainer should be allowed to perform anywhere anytime, the Red shirts follow a gestapo , communist style doctrine , far removed from Democracy, no wounder Thailand is becoming a basket case back water.bah.gif .

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

^ Perhaps they shouldn't have, but it just goes to show how low these people are. I blame them 100%. Wherever they go and whatever they do causes people anguish and holds this country back!

Yes it is wrong to disrupt a charity event, but let's not forget that this is a total photocopy of what the PDRC/Yellows did at the Red Cross charity event on Phuket. I you are going to condemn and hang the reds then you need to equally condemn the yellows.

Beat me to it, those who go on a anti red rant don't seem to hold the same views when their beloved leader gets his yellow mob to do the same.

I actually thought everyone would be together on this and condemn the disruption of charity events by both sides and not condemn one and support the other for identical actions.

Now now Chooka , this mob couldn't hold a get together even if Thaskin was singing the lords prayer.

• Like 1

I actually thought everyone would be together on this and condemn the disruption of charity events by both sides and not condemn one and support the other for identical actions.

A pretty large proportion on this forum are knee jerk Express/Mail/Telegraph/Fox/CNN fans, so don't expect any unbiased critical thought on this one. look how most of them simply ignored the fact that the PDRC did the same here on Phuket. As another poster pointed out on another thread 'A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest'.

• Like 2

A pretty large proportion on this forum are knee jerk Express/Mail/Telegraph/Fox/CNN fans, so don't expect any unbiased critical thought on this one. look how most of them simply ignored the fact that the PDRC did the same here on Phuket. As another poster pointed out on another thread 'A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest'.

I think it was Simon and Garfunkel who said that.

• Like 2

Oh Chooka please, are there any purples you can bring into the post.

So any supporter of anything that's not red are NOT allowed in their stronghold areas.?? these designated red villages and areas should be BANNED, If anyone wishes in any area to vote for whoever there should be no intimidation.

This the proof that Feb 2nd election and any other should NOT take place UNTIL these nuts are stopped and dispersed. ANY others also.

My take on this--the reason Yingluck wanted elections quickly is so that intimidation was still these Issan areas, was not controlled and well she knew it.

This was always on the cards, one of the reasons for the protests.

The P.M. at the time - for her own re-election turned a blind eye to these tactics.

Edited by ginjag
  • Like 1