Briton denies robbing Koh Samui store

Can't believe if he did it that he was still on the island, Thais have no problem with grassing a foreigner up if they get a chance, hell they would grass Thais up if they had the opportunity, it was only a matter if time.

Moral of the story don't shit on your own doorstep

Edited by 2008bangkok
  • Like 1

having worked for bt police uk..which the job was to study ctv footage on crimes..looking at the 2 photo they are not the same man...

the one on the left is bigger in kilo than the right..would never get a conviction in the uk on thet photo

In the UK they would also have facial recognition that my just prove you wrong too. You are looking at two different angles so of course the one looking down with a coat covering him up would make him look smaller. Did you notice the same wrist band on both photos? Left wrist. Take a look Sherlock. I am sure if you were in charge you would hav e it all figured out by now though. I say let the police finish their investigation before we start making assumtions because we all know what happens then. Cheers.

that jacket has black cuffs

• Like 2

Quick story I walked uno my local 7-11 1 day and the cashier in her crap English said I owed her 600 baht I said what for she say last time you came in I gave you change for a 1000 and you didn't give me 1000, I dad wasn't me when was this, last Friday at 2.30pm, wasn't me live I was in Bangkok she got the CCTV out and everything, wasn't me and never got a apology,

We all look the same lol

So did he rent the matching car ?

Then there would still possibly be marks of the stickytape visable ,

Good point, if the car hadn't been washed thoroughly. This story left out a number of things the police could have done and may have done, but we'll never know because that is typical Thai reporting.

He was seen "fleeing the scene on a car", but I assume that was "in" a car so what was the color and the make of the car. So they actually found he had rented a car during the time of the robbery? Was it the same color and make? So they found bullets...were they the same caliber as the gun used? I assume no gun was found, at least that what I have to assume because it wasn't mentioned in this wonderfully thorough article. Do they know what caliber the gun was that was used in the robbery? Did they check his bank for any similar large deposits? Did they find any cash in his apartment. Yes they found hair clippers, sun glasses and .22 bullets, but it is just as telling to say how much money, if any, was found in the apartment.

I say all this not because I think he didn't do it, but because it would be nice to hear of all the other things the police have surely done to look for evidence. At least I hope they have done more work than indicated in this pathetic article.

having worked for bt police uk..which the job was to study ctv footage on crimes..looking at the 2 photo they are not the same man...

the one on the left is bigger in kilo than the right..would never get a conviction in the uk on thet photo

I agree. The shoes are not the same, I don't know what the posters saying that are looking at. He may well have done it but based on those pictures a judge would throw that out in the UK. The police should and need to do better.

Found bullets in his room,which tourist has bullets lying around? two independent sets off witnesses, the robbed staff and the girls at the bar who recognized from cctv photos (must be more than the one just shown) and who wants to make themselves look bald. A new Plonker for the jail cell.

They don't look the same to me so I would hope they have more evidence than that. I have clippers in my place.

Did they find, money, matching clothes, anything other than an inconclusive picture. Eye witness testimony

is notoriously inaccurate especially when cross race identification is involved. whistling.gif

OK,, so he has clippers, and a fresh tan line,,, interview peeps at his local hang out,, does here normally have longer hair?,, trimmed off last couple days? Does. CCTV show him, short hair,, buying DON'T prior to robbery?,,,, for his age/build,,, I'd guess there's 200+ farlangs that match the robbery CCTV

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Pol.Col. Satit Prom-utai, the chief of Bo Put Police Station, said a police search at Mr. Kerby's residence turned up several rounds of .22 bullets, a pair of sunglasses, and an electric hair clipper.

Is this serious reporting?

I guess I'm 2 thirds guilty also

I have the shades and hair clippers wacko.png

I dont see any resemblance between the two pictures ..... Does all farang look like any farang ? strange ..... Let the police do their job

Aha, Farangs are all look alike...

Yeah must be so,

I look just like Telley Savalas, Mr. T, Tallulah Bankhead and James Dean.

I get arrested for all their crimes regularly.... not.

The white skin on his newly acquired receding hairline tells a story.

Yes, well spotted mate.

All it tells,, is he recently got a hair cut,,, again I say,, check the footage of him buying the SIM,,, what was his hair cut in it?,,,, was it before the robbery?,,, you'd have to be A TOTAL IDIOT, to walk into a place mere hours after robbing it, new hair cut,, and assume they wouldn't recognise you,,,,

I'm NOT defending the guy,,, saying he didn't do it,,, but my God,,, I'd not want to be judged guilty,, by many here,, simply because I cut my own hair,, and have a tan line,,,,, jeeez

• Like 1

Also,,, all of these claims from people,, soley from grainy, B/W CCTV footage,, broadcast on TV,,, you're telling me the store clerks that were actually robbed,, didn't say to the cops,,, "I think was the 1 guy that bought a SIM card, before/after we were robbed",,,,, either way,, robbed, or selling a SIM card,,, they're barely 1 meter face to face,,,,, lolol

According to the Thai papers, the cops went into detail regarding their mode of investigation which was to issue copies of the CCTV grab to bar beers and car rental agencies. Apparently it was the bar beers that worked. If this is correct, make of that what you will.

That's interesting; I was struck by how similar they look. Various features of Mr Kerby seem consistent with the photo from the footage.