Briton denies robbing Koh Samui store

Well done boys! One less gangster in Thailand.

I think describing this man as a gangster is flattery. I would describe him as a desperate low life piece of scum.

This is obviously the same man, same shape, same shoes, same sun glasses, can be no mistake. Looking at his receding hair at the front of his head and the full frontal thick hair he had during the robbery, I guess he was wearing a wig, which means he is not an opportunist, but rather something he had planned in advance. I guarantee that if the police checked with Scotland Yard, this guy has a criminal record as long as his arm.

Based on the photos, not guilty. Circumstantial. No-one actually harmed and I hope he gets off.....unless there is harder evidence to link him to the crime.

• Like 1

According to the Thai papers, the cops went into detail regarding their mode of investigation which was to issue copies of the CCTV grab to bar beers and car rental agencies. Apparently it was the bar beers that worked. If this is correct, make of that what you will.

According to the coconut drum the blokes TGF asked him to come to the bar, because she was in trouble.

The Police was just waiting.

Funnily enough laws were changed that u get less of sentence of he robbed in the day time that night time

I don't know why

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Pol.Col. Satit Prom-utai, the chief of Bo Put Police Station, said a police search at Mr. Kerby's residence turned up several rounds of .22 bullets, a pair of sunglasses, and an electric hair clipper.

Is this serious reporting?

Well the statements from the whiteness in the family should hold up strong evidence

If he did not do it then it is not looking good for him

Same car he was using that day

Admitting he was in the family mart that day whilst he had that same car for rent

In the robbery he was seen to have a gun

Now found that he has 22 caliber bullets

Hair clippers

Would almost seem as though someone who would have done it probably would have done the same thing as him

What a coincidence

Maybe the people in the family mart mis understood him or vet changed him neat 200 k then blamed the forang for their mistake ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

The Briton also denied the allegation that he robbed the store's cashiers.

​The minimum wage was raised to 300 baht a day, right? So if he'd have worked making that tiny amount of money, he'd have earned it within,

let's see; 178,350 divided by 300 baht =594.5 days of Thai wages work. Hope he'll be there 994.5 days for his stupidity. facepalm.gif

Edited by sirchai

Best of British! When he is shackled and put in a cell with 30 hostile thai guys, he will probably regret that he didn't rob a shop in UK which would have resulted in 10 times bigger loot and then escaped Thailand. What a clown!

The bloody football hooligans are just building up to the World Cup!

You have to remember, Samui has a very extensive CCTV network. Not that easy to get away if they want you.

Bophut lights intersection for instance, has something like 14 CCTV cameras.They are all around the island & ring road.

Brain dead idiot, due to rot in a Thai prison claiming his innocent , for all you who disagree blah blah blah follow the news.

Same as the Jeremy Clarkson thing - it's a forgone conclusion, but some posters still like to like argue against facts, lmao!

And is, VERY, VERY POSSIBLE,, if he's guilty,,, and $170,000ish in cash was found,, it'll NEVER be reported as such,,, does anyone here,, believe that, Somchai cop 1,, and Somchai cop 2,,, a really,, REALLY turned in THAT MUCH $$$$$$???????

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Pol.Col. Satit Prom-utai, the chief of Bo Put Police Station, said a police search at Mr. Kerby's residence turned up several rounds of .22 bullets, a pair of sunglasses, and an electric hair clipper.

Good grief are you that dim ? It is totally relevant to the case !

It is if they can match the clipper blades to the ones which trimmed his hair.

having worked for bt police uk..which the job was to study ctv footage on crimes..looking at the 2 photo they are not the same man...

the one on the left is bigger in kilo than the right..would never get a conviction in the uk on thet photo

Agreed, the bloke on the left is way bigger, and the geezer on the right aint got the bald patches,

having worked for bt police uk..which the job was to study ctv footage on crimes..looking at the 2 photo they are not the same man...

the one on the left is bigger in kilo than the right..would never get a conviction in the uk on thet photo

Agreed, the bloke on the left is way bigger, and the geezer on the right aint got the bald patches,

Come on man you don't need to be Columbo to see that's the same guy, same forehead, build etc, he also has the same glasses on in the top pic

Police should look inside him's wardrobe, and try to find that clothes, check records from car rental, try to find all the evidences and after that give the arrest warrant and put the animal inside jail, but until there they have only this clues (in my opnion it is nothing).

I think most asian look all farangs as the same, just like farang look asian the same way.

Pay attention, today is quite easy to have the same sunglasses, tennis, shirt, and so on.. Thanks for mass production, making people look same same!

by te way His shin look the same.. whistling.gif but the huge belly not!

Come on man you don't need to be Columbo to see that's the same guy, same forehead, build etc, he also has the same glasses on in the top pic

You are joking right? Same build, don't think so, and as for same glasses, oh please!

I've seen worse crimes go unpunished on Samui.....whatever the innocence or guilt of this guy he is facing a very tough time now.

On the basis of the evidence I've seen on this thread a good lawyer would walk all over it.

Expect a conviction and maybe three to five in Samui's delightful slammer?

If he gets ten he can write a book of course.

Yes, since the robber wore sunglasses and appears to have longer hair then.

You are joking right? Same build, don't think so, and as for same glasses, oh please!

Well he had a few days and a few baht to eat drink and be merry!

The CCTV in the store was higher which would make him appear smaller.

The story will unfold, but why have bullets at home?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The guy on the right pic. was broke and hadn't eating or drinking for several days, the guy on the left pic. has been feeding and drinking since the heist that's why he is bigger, especially the stomach coffee1.gif

Edited by bander

I am ot saying he did or did not but this is funny= "Staff at the car rental office and the robbed Family Mart store similarly confirmed to the police that Mr. Kerby was the robber"

How would the rental car office know he was the one that robbed the store? Were they at the store?