Briton denies robbing Koh Samui store

^ Now you're putting words in my mouth.

"Well done boys! One less gangster in Thailand."

really - well explain the above statement. or explain why you think that a person that commits a crime alone is a gangster??

PS the most disturbing part is 'well done boys'. i really can't imagine what kind of person would use such a term when addressing the real known gangsters. can you not see the total irony of your statement.

'well done boys' Yuk!

Edited by jonesthebaker

^ Now you're putting words in my mouth.

"Well done boys! One less gangster in Thailand."

really - well explain the above statement. or explain why you think that a person that commits a crime alone is a gangster??

PS the most disturbing part is 'well done boys'. i really can't imagine what kind of person would use such a term when addressing the real known gangsters. can you not see the total irony of your statement.

'well done boys' Yuk!

LMAO, boys = boys in brown (BiB), aka - policemen.

I am ot saying he did or did not but this is funny= "Staff at the car rental office and the robbed Family Mart store similarly confirmed to the police that Mr. Kerby was the robber"

How would the rental car office know he was the one that robbed the store? Were they at the store?

BIB would just show the staff at the rental place the CCTV mugshot of this moron when he committed the robbery. The buttmunch has the stupid idea to go back despite his disguis. Maybe if no previous in the UK could get a deferred sentence - here a rebored r*ngpiece

You've been reading the Daily Mail too much. There is absolutely no chance at all of a deferred sentence in the UK for armed robbery of a convenience store with a gun.

Really? No further questions your honour

https://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CGcQFjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.com%2Fnews%2Fuk-scotland-glasgow-west-24474624&ei=amZlU4iVPMagugT_i4HoCA&usg=AFQjCNFFwdZ9qIuZZvshd3nfJuO8XiGhAg

Wouldn't you think that seeing as he thought of how to change his appearance (if it was him, yet to be proven) to avoid detection and capture.....he would at least have move away for a period of time ....till the heat "cooled off"...as they say.

And here is a local Midlands paper reporting the same bloke up in court in the UK last year.

http://www.halesowennews.co.uk/news/local/10594546.Before_the_courts/

Am i missing something? Caught speeding in the uk? whats that got to do with supposedly robbing a family mart?

This is a man who knows the inside of a dock. You don't have to show up in court and you don't get disqualified for an ordinary speeding offence. This man is not a man who follows the law.

ok, he must ave done it then. string him up!!!

Briton Denies Robbing Koh Samui Store

By Khaosod English

13990102701399010340l.jpg

13990102701399010355l.jpg

SURAT THANI - The police say they have arrested a Briton who allegedly took off with nearly 179,000 baht from an armed robbery at a convenience store on Koh Samui last week.

Mark Kerby (name transcribed from Thai text) was arrested at around 02.00 am. at a bar in Bo Put district following a tip-off from staff at the bar that they have seen his face from the CCTV footage provided by the police.

According to the witnesses, the Briton was the very same man who robbed a Family Mart store with a handgun on 28 April, and took away 178,350 baht in cash before fleeing the scene on a car with a license plate that has been covered with white paper.

Police reports indicate that Mr. Kerby arrived in Thailand on a tourist visa last November and has been residing at an apartment in Bo Put district on Koh Samui island.

Pol.Col. Satit Prom-utai, the chief of Bo Put Police Station, said a police search at Mr. Kerby's residence turned up several rounds of .22 bullets, a pair of sunglasses, and an electric hair clipper.

The police did not find the car Mr. Kerby allegedly used in the robbery at his residence because the suspect has already returned the car to the rental office, Pol.Col. Satit claimed.

Staff at the car rental office and the robbed Family Mart store similarly confirmed to the police that Mr. Kerby was the robber, Pol.Col. Satit added.

Mr. Kerby admitted to the police that he was at the convenience store on the day of the robbery, but insisted that he went there to buy a mobile phone SIM card.

The Briton also denied the allegation that he robbed the store's cashiers.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1399010270

kse.png

-- Khaosod English 2014-05-02

.22 calibre rounds can be lethal when fired from a handgun at close range.

So guilty or not of robbery, the police can still do him for visa infringements and possible firearms possession.

I am ot saying he did or did not but this is funny= "Staff at the car rental office and the robbed Family Mart store similarly confirmed to the police that Mr. Kerby was the robber"

How would the rental car office know he was the one that robbed the store? Were they at the store?

BIB would just show the staff at the rental place the CCTV mugshot of this moron when he committed the robbery. The buttmunch has the stupid idea to go back despite his disguis. Maybe if no previous in the UK could get a deferred sentence - here a rebored r*ngpiece

You've been reading the Daily Mail too much. There is absolutely no chance at all of a deferred sentence in the UK for armed robbery of a convenience store with a gun.

Really? No further questions your honour

https://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CGcQFjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.com%2Fnews%2Fuk-scotland-glasgow-west-24474624&ei=amZlU4iVPMagugT_i4HoCA&usg=AFQjCNFFwdZ9qIuZZvshd3nfJuO8XiGhAg

Oh dear. You're confusing deferring sentencing with a suspended sentence. If a judge defers sentencing it means he sentences them at a later date, usually because he needs more information before deciding how long to send them to jail. In this case the brothers were sentenced to 8 and 6 years for the armed robbery.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-25198798

As someone else pointed out, you're totally out of touch with reality.

You have to remember, Samui has a very extensive CCTV network. Not that easy to get away if they want you.

Bophut lights intersection for instance, has something like 14 CCTV cameras.They are all around the island & ring road.

Had no idea, I've learnt something wai.gif

On a 30-day tourist visa since November!!! His overstay fine must be around 179,000 baht....good enough motive for armed robbery

blink.png... Maximum fine for overstay 20,000 Baht
True if overstay gets noticed while departing at the airport ,

Even then he can still face jailtime ,

In this case he will get the fine for the whole period and possibly jailtime

On top of what he will get if found guilty of the robbery .

You have to remember, Samui has a very extensive CCTV network. Not that easy to get away if they want you.

Bophut lights intersection for instance, has something like 14 CCTV cameras.They are all around the island & ring road.

Every ferry and every ferry terminal and at the airport too.... shops and many hotels too..... They can see who is coming and going!.... wink.png ....so be careful they know who's being naughty or nice!..... tongue.png

Smile you are on Candid camera.... smile.png

Every ferry and every ferry terminal and at the airport too.... shops and many hotels too..... They can see who is coming and going!.... wink.png ....so be careful they know who's being naughty or nice!..... tongue.png

Smile you are on Candid camera.... smile.png

Camera or not I do smile most of the time, in France, sometimes I thought maybe its a kind of illness ? Since my being in LOS I am reassure smile.png

having worked for bt police uk..which the job was to study ctv footage on crimes..looking at the 2 photo they are not the same man...

the one on the left is bigger in kilo than the right..would never get a conviction in the uk on thet photo

In the UK they would also have facial recognition that my just prove you wrong too. You are looking at two different angles so of course the one looking down with a coat covering him up would make him look smaller. Did you notice the same wrist band on both photos? Left wrist. Take a look Sherlock. I am sure if you were in charge you would hav e it all figured out by now though. I say let the police finish their investigation before we start making assumtions because we all know what happens then. Cheers.

My ipad screen is not that detailed but I do not see a wristwatch in the cctv footage. Only the black t-shirt below his grey hoodie, which can be seen on both wrists.

Can a man really be so foolish as to remain days later on the small island he just robbed ? Why not take a ferry to the Surat?

This man is an embarrassment to the Crown.

Why have we not seen a photo of the convenience store staff pointing a finger? Why are we being denied of this significant aspect of Thai Justice?

On a 30-day tourist visa since November!!! His overstay fine must be around 179,000 baht....good enough motive for armed robbery

Retell,

Can you elaborate on this more please. I also thought it was a maximum 20,000 and am not familiar with the exceptions.

Thanks

Retell,

Can you elaborate on this more please. I also thought it was a maximum 20,000 and am not familiar with the exceptions.

Thanks

Sorry mistaken about the max fine , thats indeed 20000

http://www.thaivisa.com/visa-overstay-thailand.html

Will clear the rest

having worked for bt police uk..which the job was to study ctv footage on crimes..looking at the 2 photo they are not the same man...

the one on the left is bigger in kilo than the right..would never get a conviction in the uk on thet photo

British telecom have police???rolleyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates on this case?

Has he been charged, still held, or perhaps released with an apology?

No doubt enjoying his new lodgings.....whether the Thai authorities have enough evidence I don't know.....hopefully someone here will let us know.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

He didn't bother to get rid of the shoes.

Yeah, they look like the same shoes. I was looking at both pics to see any kind of resemblance, and those shoes are the only thing i could really see

Do not base everything on the CCTV

Don't forget the pregnant woman and the other staff as whiteness

If he did not do it then he is very unlucky or has been stitched up by a very clever person who knows everything about him

He might shave his head often , why shave it after the robbery

Why change the rented car at the same time ?

Having a firearm be it a replica or not doesn't help

If he is innocent then need to find the person who did do this that's the only way

The other possibility is that he is guilty

He has a big problem now as e has hit the media

And the woman was pregnant

Sticking a gun up to a pregnant lady in thailand is very disrespectful

Even sticking your feet up to a thai pregnant lady is frowned a pone

Looks like there was another family mart robbery this week involving Thais

post-39813-14009426423884_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

In the UK they would also have facial recognition that my just prove you wrong too. You are looking at two different angles so of course the one looking down with a coat covering him up would make him look smaller. Did you notice the same wrist band on both photos? Left wrist. Take a look Sherlock. I am sure if you were in charge you would hav e it all figured out by now though. I say let the police finish their investigation before we start making assumtions because we all know what happens then. Cheers.

In England the CCTV would have followed him home

I couldn't confirm whether or not these images are the same person but could someone please explain what a tourist would be doing with .22 shells in their room? Am I missing something? Is this a new recommendation for travel in the 'Lonely Planet'? I've been in and out of Thailand for years and n'ere a .22 shell did I posses.

I think we can safely assume that more images and evidence exist than these two photos and what's been presented in this article but if the .22 shells weren't planted by the police then that's a pretty clear indicator that this guy either has or had a gun. That alone is enough to get you busted in Thailand regardless if you committed robbery or not.

Edited by TimTang

I dont know who is more stooopid.

the buffoon British bandit or the bozos who cant believe it is really him. smile.png

Maybe he forgot he don't it )